Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baltimore is a mess

F3SS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/28/baltimore-murders_n_7463918.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-fop-statement-20150528-story.html

38 murders in the month of May. Just May! Even more since the protests. Who knows what other crimes? Cops are walking on eggshells and the criminals patrol the streets. When cops do show up they're surrounded by dozens and afraid to be arrested. Bizzaro land. Bullets fly through homes and people and kids on a regular basis. The mayor is a bumbling wreck who just can't handle the truth. You have to watch this interview. http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/05/28/baltimore-mayor-snaps-under-fox-news-grilling-youre-being-rude-208221 A transcription couldn't do it justice. This is what the city asked for. The AG Mosby has been found to serial "like" extremely slanted and racist tweets for a long time. That's a personality that cannot be trusted to be impartial as the job requires. The entire city is a mess. So one article I read had a "concerned citizen" quoted as saying that all they want is for the cops to leave them alone for the petty stuff like drugs but focus on the violent crimes. Ever consider those petty crimes turn up weapons and prevent future events from occurring? The answer is quite obvious now but hey, the racial disparity gap is probably narrowing in the Baltimore jails so chalk another one off the community grievance list. The regular citizens minding their own are covering their doors and windows with steel. One of the first things I said at the beginning of the riots thread was advising the tax payers to get out. They and the police either need to recapture the flag or just forget about it hit the highway because so long as heavily biased, emotionally charged, narrow minded and inept people are leading the charge it is not going to get better.

• Like 6

I've asked the mods to change the title to "Baltimore's a mess".

Cops do go overboard sometimes and should not be given a free pass to abuse people. Something happened to Gray and we really need to find out what and why.

These criminals shouldn't be given a free pass either. If you are breaking the law your going to be arrested. You run or fight with cops you might get hurt or even killed and it shouldn't matter what color you are. If a lot of people in your neighborhood are criminals don't be surprised if the cops arrest them and maybe don't treat them too nicely. Still even if you are a criminal you shouldn't get your head stomped in once subdued and in handcuffs.

• Like 1

Nobody thinks cops should get free passes. This is exactly what the city asked for though, for cops to decrease their presence.

• Like 5

Fess, if they don't like Baltimore they can move somewhere else, like Detroit or St. Louis (those cities aren't suffering with sensational race bait media stories at the moment).

Of course they could be, just as soon as one of our favorite journalists sticks a juicy report that smacks of race and so is worthy of playing politics with. But then you could just move again...if "get out" is the best idea to deal with the problem.

Nobody thinks cops should get free passes. This is exactly what the city asked for though, for cops to decrease their presence.

I'm thinking it won't be long before we'll be hearing horror stories of police ineptitude or malfeasance. Seems like black lives matter to everyone except many of the black folks in these major inner cities. Edited by and then
  • Like 2

I'm thinking it won't be long before we'll be hearing horror stories of police ineptitude or malfeasance.

You haven't heard them already?

Seems like black lives matter to everyone except many of the black folks in these major inner cities.

Oh, how many does it seem like?

How many? The mayor for one. Did you watch that press conference clip? He had her nailed to the wall. She had no outrage about the 50+ black deaths since Freddie Gray, she's not planning any rallies or marches. The rest of the city for two. Who's taking to the streets over this? Where's the protests? The anger? The frustration?

There's no "playing politics" with this. It is real with observable actions and effects. This is a particularly stubborn group-think ideology shared by the city's leaders and the residents put into motion with real world results and they're not good.

I'm not sure how a sensible person can argue the reality or spin the situation down there. The demands have been met and the cops are "leaving them alone" as requested and the city is in chaos due to complete inept and purely emotional decisions.

• Like 7

You haven't heard them already?

Oh, how many does it seem like?

Oh, I don't know Yam, maybe.. the number who are SHOOTING EACH OTHER?
  • Like 6

They got their wish. :)

• Like 2

:no: When the rule of law is no more, gangs and thugs will rule. I fear for innercity America. If you live in one, move to a northern California suburb or the pacific north west. For the most part they pretty much get along. Edited by White Crane Feather

I think it's much deeper and complicated than recent events. All it took were a few straws and a lot of camel's backs broke. This is about wrong over right for decades upon decades. Massively widening gaps between have's and have nots. Social disintegration. Education disparities. Instant access to information and historical patterns.

I also think many who live in poverty are as they say, not me, "waking up" and taking things into their own hands. And thanks to the last 40 years of pay to play politics I suspect we can only expect to see more of this across the US's impoverished areas. They're already highly volatile. Just takes the right match. We have become the world's richest third world country.

Edited by Varelse
  • Like 1

I have told this before, call in extra reinforcement , impose curfew , arrest gang leaders . If you try to appease black people too much this violence is not going to stop.

• Like 4

:no: When the rule of law is no more, gangs and thugs will rule. I fear for innercity America. If you live in one, move to a northern California suburb or the pacific north west. For the most part they pretty much get along.

Those in greatest jeopardy in the inner cities have no means to leave there. It's like a petri dish of despair and I feel very badly for them. Places like the south side of Chicago and pretty much anywhere in Detroit are like third world countries. To truly stop the gangs you'd have to bring in the National Guard and leave them for months.
  • Like 1

Amazing; the cops are driven out of town by riots and white-guilt college kids. At least now these oppressed minorities can take back their town from the racist police, one gang related murder at a time.

• Like 2

Those in greatest jeopardy in the inner cities have no means to leave there. It's like a petri dish of despair and I feel very badly for them. Places like the south side of Chicago and pretty much anywhere in Detroit are like third world countries. To truly stop the gangs you'd have to bring in the National Guard and leave them for months.

This is america. I Disagree. They may not know they can walk away but they can. I have seen families do it and I am involved in family project. This woman that is my client pays for me for what I call a household memebership. Everyone in a household trains for one simple price. But she is in the process of importing all of her nephews second cousins and family to a better environment. I let them all train at my school as if they lived with her. ( I'd do it wether she paid the household membership or not). I myself grew up in a trashy trailer park filled with a mix of hopless people. I also am involved with a program that mentors kids with incarcerated parents. I havn't taken on a new one in a few years because I have been busy with My own little kids, but my youngest will start school the year after next and is a year out of dipers, so I'll be taking on a new one before to long. There is a way. We have to show them that in this country they do not have to live like that.

• Like 3

I grew up dirt poor and got out. You merely have to put your mind to it and do nothing less than achieve your goal. The means to do it is there if you are willing to work for it. But that is the key: "willing to work"... nothing short of what everyone else does who has succeeded in their goals.

The city of Baltimore is getting what it deserves... you reap what you sow. Now, it's what you do with it that matters - lessons learned and move forward to positively change things or wallow in self-pity and hopeless.

Edited by Oops Monkey

I got an idea. Stop making nonsense arrests and killing people for no reason and maybe this **** wouldn't happen.

• Like 1

That's the point of this thread. Arrests are way way down and crime is way way up. Violent criminals are also petty criminals. Passing on the petty stuff has left the doors open for worse stuff. Your silly, simplistic and idealistic view of how police should operate has come to fruition in Baltimore and the results are plain as day. Now look what you've done.

• Like 4

If the police is like that no wonder people riot

and the police officer gets paid vacation --> "paid administrative leave"

I have an idea....why don't they stand up to crime in their own neighborhood when they have the police to back them up? More and more neighborhoods in the US are standing up for what is right and together are openly standing against it. There are apps that people can access where they can report what they see that goes out to everyone including the police. The area where we live started our own community e-mail 25 years ago where we can report suspicious behavior, crimes, lost dogs, community announcements and so forth. There is now a nation wide service called Village Defense that sends anyone on the list a text when they see something other people should be aware of. We are in the process of getting people on it in the area where we have our business...where a lot of our friends live.

• Like 5

I think what's happening in Baltimore says a lot more about the inner city than any police killing ever could. "Black lives matter!" only seems to apply when a good Christian black college student is violently shot down by a laughing racist white cop. Social media is awfully quiet when faced with crime stats or black on black homicides..

• Like 3

good Christian black college student is violently shot down by a laughing racist white cop.

Which is rarely ever the true case in those events.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, there are still too many in those communities that pretend the only reason their neighborhoods are crap is because of racism. The police are only their to oppress them, and none of it is their fault. Until these people can start to see that they have the power to clean up their own neighborhoods, it's just going to continue on a downward spiral.

There is an entire culture that thinks 'don't be a snitch' is a smart move.

• Like 4