Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you thinking ? ( Part 2 )

Ogbin

9 hours ago, acute said:

I am watching the movie Titanic.

I can't help it, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

Don't worry, Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On does end eventually. Be brave. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ozymandias said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm wondering what a 'spoiler' is in this context?

Spoiler alert!

Spoiler

Image result for spoiler

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Spoiler alert!

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for spoiler

Yes. Since using this feature in my last post above I now have the benefit of the positive feedback I gave myself and so solved my problem. Thanks.

Spoiler

As an automotive engineer I already knew what an aerodynamic spoiler was. :)

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

My Heart Will Go On

.....and on and on.

• Like 3

I don't want any more cheese.

The mice are committing suicide!

If every UM member clapped their hands at the same time would we generate a new `butterfly effect`?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mr Mork said:

If every UM member clapped their hands at the same time would we generate a new `butterfly effect`?

I'm thinking that one hand clapping would do the same

• Like 2

I'm thinking of starting a new series of inspirational quotes. To start with, here's U.S.  Secretary of "Defense" James "Mad Dog" Mattis, "the most revered Marine of his generation". Take it away Jim:

You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.

The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some *******s in the world that just need to be shot.

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Doesn't that give you immense reassurance that the world's most military nation is in safe hands? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I'm thinking of starting a new series of inspirational quotes. To start with, here's U.S.  Secretary of "Defense" James "Mad Dog" Mattis, "the most revered Marine of his generation". Take it away Jim:

You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.

The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some *******s in the world that just need to be shot.

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Doesn't that give you immense reassurance that the world's most military nation is in safe hands? 

Not really, nor has it, since Maj Gen Mattis said those words in 2003, 2005, 2006...only now he's in charge of the entire Dept of Insanity Repeated Thrice.. makes it even less so

it's not a new phenomena, just getting ugly...  uglier if you consider that the left is now pushing for war with Russia!

13 hours ago, Jessica28 said:

I am thinking i want some chips

:lol: hahaha! I misread that as chaps!

• Like 2

I think I'm going to have to go down to the Cimputer shop. my Keyboard seems to have developed a habit of suddenly freezing up when you're in the middle of typing something , and you don't notice until you've got to the end of the sentence you're typing and realize tha    

That half the sentence you've been typing hasn't come out, It'll rectify itself if you pause for a moment but it can be very annoying, as I expect yo

You can appreciate. I think it must be the Keyboard since the computer doesn't seem to freeze as other things will still be working. 

I don't know if anyone can offer any help or advic?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I think I'm going to have to go down to the Cimputer shop. my Keyboard seems to have developed a habit of suddenly freezing up when you're in the middle of typing something , and you don't notice until you've got to the end of the sentence you're typing and realize tha    

That half the sentence you've been typing hasn't come out, It'll rectify itself if you pause for a moment but it can be very annoying, as I expect yo

You can appreciate. I think it must be the Keyboard since the computer doesn't seem to freeze as other things will still be working. 

I don't know if anyone can offer any help or advic?

Is it a wireless keyboard?

Edited by LV-426

No,it's an old fashioned one with a cable.

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

No,it's an old fashioned one with a cable.

That should make it a bit easier. A lot of freezing problems are related to wireless issues.

If the PC seems to be working otherwise okay, the first thing I'd recommend is plugging the keyboard into another USB port if you can. It should be a USB connection if the PC is under ten years old.

Beyond that you might have to look at port settings, etc. or simply try another keyboard. I have to say I've had many keyboards over the years, ranging from cheap to high-end gaming keyboards, and I've always found a cheap Microsoft keyboard to be the best if you don't need fancy features - hey Microsoft need to be good at something right! :lol:

• Like 1

Well thank you for your advice. I'll try poking it in somewhere else and see what happens then.

• Like 2

In other thoughts, the people across the road are poking about under the bonnet* of their car again. They did that all the time with their old ford focus, but they haven't needed to do it so much with their shiny new (03 reg) Mondeo. But it sounds like that's getting knackered now as well.

* or "hood"

• Like 2

I'm thinking that the geese that residents in a garden just down the road from me had better be a little bit quieter 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

I'm thinking that the geese that residents in a garden just down the road from me had better be a little bit quieter 

Oh, there's people just down the road (not the ones with the Mondeo) who keep ducks in their back garden. I keep expecting it all to go quiet after Christmas, but they usually seem to survive. Maybe they keep them for the Eggs

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Oh, there's people just down the road (not the ones with the Mondeo) who keep ducks in their back garden. I keep expecting it all to go quiet after Christmas, but they usually seem to survive. Maybe they keep them for the Eggs

I used to keep ducks but I've never owned a mondeo but have owned a focus but didn't poke under the bonnet

• Like 3