Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic Test

Tia

I got a score of 55%

I did great during the beginning, but lost focus during the middle.

Then I developed the technique to look at the persons eyes and try to feel if they were still on earth somewhere, at which point I got about 75% of them right, but fell apart during the last five.

55% really doesn't mean a thing I suppose, though I consider myself to be an intuitive person. I'd love to take the test again, but that would be hard core cheating.

That's far far too long. As Insight said, did well at first, lost interest and therefore focus around the middle of it. Got 63% in the end, most of it was common sense. (SHow a picture of a really old guy in an old photo, caman).

The test cannot be accurate unless all the people are of the same age, equal genders we represented, and the test was performed without you knowing if the people were alive or not after you answered it (due to pattern detection) and every picture was of the same quality. There would also need to be a control group where every single person shown was either alive of deceased, so you could compare your percentage against it.

Common sense comes into play, like burnside said.

Completely agreed. I did find myself subconciously and then conciously seeking out patterns. Correct answers should not be given until the end, and they should all be of the same age and picture quality too.

46% .... well I guess clicking any buttons just to finish it doesn't do any good. whistling2.giflaugh.gif

Then again, I could hear whispers from time to time telling me who was alive or dead. And I got more than 60% right for the whispers. That was near the end. ph34r.gif And it was more of a faint-soft backgroundish whisper. dontgetit.gif Which I usually hear at night, but I drown them out with my radio.

Unless it was all in my head. I'm not one to look at dead people. sad.gifph34r.gif

That test was way too long!

Edited by Blue-Scorpion

That was a lot of freaking pictures. But it was too easy to go off the age of the photo to determine death or not for many of them. I was like 90% for the first 25 and the last 50, but in the middle I think I was just rushing. 54% for me.

Heh.. I didn't finish the test... whistling2.gif

I got to about 11 until I got bored. But out of those 11 I only got one wrong original.gif. But, man, they should have had like 50 pictures instead of 200. Very boring, I must say...

Got 68% just by looking at the quality of pictures. If they are grainy and old and looks as if sombody purposly picked them out for memorial they're are usually dead. This is a very faulty test. The pictures were too obvious. All the ones that looks like a fresh digital camera you know are alive.

I wanted to finish, but got bored at 112.... bad test, not accurate.

It seems Hottoke has some sort of anti-premonitions, in where he has a greater chance of not being able to percieve what was behind the pics! (No offense) *laughs* tough break man!

Man I got to 107 and was sooooooooooooo bored of it that I just didn't go on, although I was doin quite well tongue.gif

• 12 years later...

20170226_033030.jpg

In the beginning I selected the second radio button from left for meditating which meant close to never but far from daily.

So with that I did not attempt to do this straight through as I would got bored too. But this is the way some people operate optimally when being intuitive. We cannot perform in intensively and dense sessions.

I also felt bad at many times knowing these people had others around them who miss them and mourn....the deceased ones.

On some I knew they were dead the moment I hit enter for probably alive or definitely alive. Just could feel it but unsure how.

I think it doesn't matter if some are obvious with older photo quality vs new. That is how the real world is in a blend of obvious with some not so obvious details. It was a good exercise to look beyond these obvious clues and get more in touch with our own senses.

Also wondered if some alive were to die it would not be reflected. But it doesn't matter since it was about at the moment the test was made.

But also about everyone is still alive. And everyone does die at some point. Still we will always be alive in this one moment of eternal now as past and future are mere illusions.

In the end the percentage we got right does not matter. It is about learning to feel it so later when you do feel something without trying then you will know it could be a clue or insight.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

3 hours ago, paraprincess said:

:blink: I guessed 128 photos correct out of 200 dead or alive people.  Was hoping I would do better than that.  

You never "saw" that this thread died back in 2004?  :)

Welcome to UM!

• Like 2

Given that this thread is over 12 years old and the test in the OP must be out of date, - Thread Closed.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked