Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

... if it is the genuine 13th century manuscript, then carbon 14 dating ought to easily verify that age.

Indeed. Yet the archive never had such a test done.

They refuse to even consider the posibility that it is authentic and still have not determined where and when the paper was made.

That should be dead simple with modern techniques.

Your position then from "paper gate" is that the OLB is real/authentic?

Yes.

Anyone know what OBL thinks the date was when Odysseus is mentioned , there is a Bishop of the Britons called Oudoceus ,who became the Bishop of Llandaff in Cardiff (the territory Arthur is supposed to have ruled ) being supported by a stipendiary of a village called Gabalfa ( Kabalva ?) this district still exists today , thanks to the Welsh trying to hang on to their ancient language , and refusing to Anglicise their place names.

if not for the problem of dates , it might be tempting to think of OBL Odysseus , being the same as the Odysseus in the iliad ,being the same as Oudoceus , Bishop of LLandaff , in the time of Arthur (circ 500 - 570 ish )

and that instead of Odysseus being enchanted ( kept prisoner ) by the Goddess Circe , that Circe was the Church (Kirke )and not C(h)IRC(h)E

this was the time when the Roman Catholic church , and the Celtic church ,were at virtual war , along with the Heresy of Paganism , and Pelagius.

However this would make Homer the best Prophet /seer ever if he lived circ 850 BC .......Alas !

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 1

Anyone know what OBL thinks the date was when Odysseus is mentioned ...

In OLB an "ULYSUS" is briefly mentioned (p.75-76 of original, Sandbach p.105-107).

This story would have been written on the wall of Fryasburch in the year 1005 after ÁLDLAND sank, that is 1187 BCE.

What was "their height" in your opinion?

Obviously before the disaster that befell Aldland, but afterwards I suppose it would be before the loss of Schoonland?

In OLB an "ULYSUS" is briefly mentioned (p.75-76 of original, Sandbach p.105-107).

This story would have been written on the wall of Fryasburch in the year 1005 after ÁLDLAND sank, that is 1187 BCE.

Which is a bit odd since the name from which both Odysseus and Ulysseus derive is "Oulixeus". Which is what he probably would have self identified when he came in search of the lamp. So the question is, where are the Fryans getting the wildly different "ULYSUS"?

... Ulysseus ... "Oulixeus" ... "ULYSUS"

These are just 3 different spellings of exactly the same name.

They may even have been pronounced the same.

(Texel is pronounced Tessel in the NL)

• Like 1

Obviously before the disaster that befell Aldland, ...

There are various maps, all highly speculative.

... before the loss of Schoonland?

It was lost gradually.

Which is a bit odd since the name from which both Odysseus and Ulysseus derive is "Oulixeus". Which is what he probably would have self identified when he came in search of the lamp. So the question is, where are the Fryans getting the wildly different "ULYSUS"?

the date is so early it makes it so hard to tell , speculation seems all that is available , the ending US just seems to be a Greek word ending ,( although SUS ending , may indicate S(e)US , as is common to name the god you follow at the end of your name... eg Akhen-ATEN , Tutankh-AMUN etc .) .................which would leave ULYS ,

U can be exchanged with g , or v , GLYS , VLYS , Glys brings to mind the welsh characters named Glwys or, Glass , in myths about the Britons.........Ulys , could refer to the Julius Caesar Roman GENS of LULYS(julys) , or JULYS........

VLY could remind us of the VLYlandS , or the FLYlandS, of OLB........

LYS could have something to do with Fleur de LYS , and the Franks, ........unfortunately these things become impossible to determine ,

for instance i was reading about the Vandals, quite recently , apparently scholars are undecided about where the name of the Vandals came from , or when they were given that name , some speculation arises from some , that they were named vandals because they destroyed every town?village/country they invaded , and the word vandal (as we use it today ,

was already in use ) ....others say we got the word vandal , as in destructive person from the vandals ,.. ie the word came from the people called vandals , and not the name of the people from the word.

however according to history it was the vandals that were evicted , and massacred in their thousands from their home in the East , (possibly they were the Hittites , or a branch of the Goths ) they fled through Europe , and tried to settle in Gaul ,but were moved on by the Visigoths into What is now Spain , but was then Andalus(ia).........were the Vandals named after ANDALuS , or was

ANDALuS named after the VANDALS ??( and if so what were they called before they settled in Spain ) ETC, ETC.

i often see what ABE means by the word***k problems we try to discern , and the overall uncertainty of it .......but we try....

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 1

There are various maps, all highly speculative.

It was lost gradually.

Before the arrival of the fleeing shepherds was when it began,.

In my last video (part 4b - Ancient 'Racism'), I promised to look into the question if the Oera Linda Book is indeed 'racist', as dr. Jensma claimed.

The answer can be short and simple.

Let us look at the most primal and basic laws of the pre-christian proto-Frisians or children of Frya as they called themselves: Frya's Tex.

First, a fragment about this Tex, from Minno, the seaking, visionary and philosopher who introduced laws into Crete.

minno-tex.jpg

[031/04]

IN MIN JÜGED HÀV.IK WEL ÉNIS MORT. OVERA BÀNDA THÉRA ÉWA.

ÀFTER HÀV.IK FRYA OFTEN TANKED VR HIRA TEX

ÀND VSA ÉTHLA VR THA ÉWA THÉR THÉRNÉI TAVLIKT SEND.

In my youth I sometimes complained about the restrictions of the laws.

Later I often thanked Frya for her Tex

and our ancestors for the laws that are based upon it.

~

The following is the part of Frya's Tex that deals with interracial relations (page 13, line 5-29):

tex08.jpg

8. NE GRIP NA THÀT FOLK FON LYDA NER FON FINDA AN.

WR.ALDA SKOLDE HELPA HJAM.

SA THAT.ÀT WELD THAT FON JO UT.GONG

VPPA JVWA ÀJNA HÁVEDA SKOLDE WITHER KVMA.

8. Do not attack the folks of Lyda (black) nor of Finda (brown/ yellow).

Wralda (the most ancient-, or world-spirit) would help them,

so that the violence that came from you

would come back upon your own heads.

tex09.jpg

9. SÁHWERSA THÀT MACHTE BÉRA

THAT HJA FON JUWE RÉD JEFTA AWET OWERS WILDE

ALSA AGHAT J TO HELPANE HJAM.

MEN KVMATH HJA TO RÁWANDE

FAL THAN VPPA THAM NITHER LIK BLIXENANDE FJVR.

9. If it would occur

that they wanted your council or something else,

then you ought to help them.

But if they come to rob,

then fall down upon them like lightning fire.

tex10.jpg

10. SÁHWERSA ÀNNEN FON HJAM

ÉNER JVWER TOGHATERUM TO WIF GÉRTH

ÀND HJU THAT WIL.

THÀN SKILUN J HJA HJRA DVMHÉD BITJVTHA

THACH WIL HJU TOCH HJRA FRÉJAR FOLGJA

THAT HJA THAN MITH FRÉTHO GÁ.

10. If one of them

desires one of your daughters as his wife,

and she wants that too,

then you must point out her stupidity to her.

But if she still wants to follow her asker,

that she then go with peace.

tex11.jpg

11. WILLATH JVW SVNA FON HJARA TOGHATERUM

SÁ MOT J ALSA DVA AS MITH JVWA TOGHATERUM.

THACH HOR THA ÉNA NOR THA ÔTHERA MÉI WITHER KVMA.

HWAND HJA SKOLDUN UTHÉMEDA SÉDA ÀND PLÉGA MITH.FARA.

ÀND DRÉI THESSA BY JO HELDGAD WRDE

MÉI IK NAVT LONGER OVIR JO WÁKA.

11. If your sons want from their daughters,

then you must do the same as with your daughters.

But nor the first (the daughters), nor the second (the sons) may come back.

For they would bring foreign morals and habits with them,

and when these are accepted by you,

I can no longer watch over you.

~ ~ ~

Conclusion

Although the Frya's had a peaceful attitude to the other races, as long as the latter did not start any aggression, and they even allowed their children to leave and mix with the other races, they would not allow any of them (back) in their midst.

According to the current mainstream opinion, this would be a highly 'racist' attitude.

That ancient texts are 'racist' according to the cultural-marxist values of our time, should not be a surprise though, as Tacitus (c.58 - c.120 CE) wrote in Germania:

"... the peoples of Germany have never contaminated themselves by intermarriage with foreigners but remain of pure blood, distinct and unlike any other nation. One result of this is that their physical characteristics, in so far as one can generalize about such a large population, are always the same: fierce-looking blue eyes..."

(Original Latin text:

... qui Germaniae populos nullis aliis aliarum nationum conubiis infectos propriam et sinceram et tantum sui similem gentem exstitisse arbitrantur. Unde habitus quoque corporum, tamquam in tanto hominum numero, idem omnibus: truces et caerulei oculi...)

germanic.jpg

• Like 1

tex11.jpg

11. WILLATH JVW SVNA FON HJARA TOGHATERUM

SÁ MOT J ALSA DVA AS MITH JVWA TOGHATERUM.

THACH HOR THA ÉNA NOR THA ÔTHERA MÉI WITHER KVMA.

HWAND HJA SKOLDUN UTHÉMEDA SÉDA ÀND PLÉGA MITH.FARA.

ÀND DRÉI THESSA BY JO HELDGAD WRDE

MÉI IK NAVT LONGER OVIR JO WÁKA.

11. If your sons want from their daughters,

then you must do the same as with your daughters.

For they would bring foreign morals and habits with them,

and when these are accepted by you,

I can no longer watch over you.

~ ~ ~

just on this part Jan , would this make sense if drei meant "Unless ",

and unless this be your sworn word, then i can no longer watch over you ????

Edited by Passing Time

Conclusion

Although the Frya's had a peaceful attitude to the other races, as long as the latter did not start any aggression, and they even allowed their children to leave and mix with the other races, they would not allow any of them (back) in their midst.

According to the current mainstream opinion, this would be a highly 'racist' attitude.

That ancient texts are 'racist' according to the cultural-marxist values of our time, should not be a surprise though, as Tacitus (c.58 - c.120 CE) wrote in Germania:

"... the peoples of Germany have never contaminated themselves by intermarriage with foreigners but remain of pure blood, distinct and unlike any other nation. One result of this is that their physical characteristics, in so far as one can generalize about such a large population, are always the same: fierce-looking blue eyes..."

(Original Latin text:

... qui Germaniae populos nullis aliis aliarum nationum conubiis infectos propriam et sinceram et tantum sui similem gentem exstitisse arbitrantur. Unde habitus quoque corporum, tamquam in tanto hominum numero, idem omnibus: truces et caerulei oculi...)

I owned a friesian horse once. I sold him and regret it every day since. Alas I needed the money more than the horse at the time. *sigh*. But that horse was so grand precisely because of that Dutch slavishness to purity. But that purity can get carried away to the detriment of the breed..

..If any of their horses, those great huge noble jet black horses with the feathered feet and arched necks ever had a flaw, it was immediately sterilized or sold out to other nations and not registerable. The horse I owned was perfect. He was absolutely perfect. The slope of his hip, the angle of his shoulder, his motion, his presence his trainability was beyond compare. He fit every single aspect of the Dutch nitpicking. He was a stallion and my little 8 year old boy used to lead him around without incident. They tend to have ugly heads some of them, but mine's was perfect. I'll include a picture of him here. The only thing wrong with him was that he DNA tested out to have a chestnut color gene along with his black gene. They call that heterozygous. The Dutch want homozygous. They want zero percent chance of any foal being born chestnut colored in the collective herd.

So there were bitter arguments within the registry and the owners about how it would be better to breed in an absolutely perfect specimen physically, since so few people are breeding friesians anyway these days, and wind up with the occasional chestnut or sorrel colored foal, than it would to select a lesser horse with perfect black/black genes, who had an ugly head, or too steep an angle to his hip or some other conformation flaw. I saw many people celebrating their stallions because they were homozygous and they do feature them as these great marvels. I often have to cringe and look away because the first thing I look at is the way an animal moves. I've got a really keen eye for it. And if he has "broken" conformation in any way, shape or form, I'd geld him in a nanosecond.

Here's what the Dutch threw away in the breed. After I sold him the girl who bought him gelded him and uses him as a dressage horse who will never pass on his perfection:

This was my stallion's disposition 24/7. This is an 8 year old boy managing him. The Dutch in their quest for purity said "no way Jose" to this horse as part of the collective dutch friesian genetic heritage because of color issues. They started the breed to produce extremely calm large boned semi-heavy draft breed for pulling carriages & for use in battle under heavy armor, but still swift. All black all the time became fashionable when they were used heavily as horses to pull hearse-wagons back in the day. IMHO after that fashion, the breed has suffered.

Ben%20with%20Victor_zpsqtzlmcdy.jpg

Edited by SSilhouette
  • Like 2

... if drei meant "Unless " ...

compare:

DRÉI AS HJA THJU HÁVA INNOMTH HÉDE

When [as soon as] they had taken our harbour (Sandbach p.102)

DRÉI ASET LJUCHT FONÉR TORE VPPET RONDDÉL DEL FALDE

As soon as the light from the tower fell upon the bastion (Sandbach p.113)

It is like Dutch "dra", Oldfrisian "drede", Oldhighgerman "drato": soon

Some people think that the myths of fire-breathing dragons came about because old friesian warriors would show up with these horses all heavily armored with scale-like articulations so the animal could move properly. And because of the cold of the North regions and the animals laboring under the weight, the heat of their breath could create great fog as they exhaled. Hence "fire breathing dragons". The appearance of some of their heads (roman nosed with smallish eyes) and the imposing way their necks arched...and just their huge presence under those "scales" made some peasants think of them as reptilian.

Picture this guy clad in full armor barrelling down on you on some foggy morning in the moors, with thundering hooves and "smoke" shooting out the end of his nostrils, as a peasant who had never seen such a thing so burly...lol... I could see how they might mistake him for a dragon.

Victor%20in%20paddock_zpsflcviznl.jpg

• Like 2

Preventing human beings from living amongst you for no reason other than there parentage is precisely racism, Otharus. i have no qualms limiting limiting, even strictly immigration for the purpose of employment and housing, but to restrict them because of the fact that they're brown or yellow or white IS racist. And based on your opinions and use of the old Neo Nazi "Cultural Marxist" catch phrase, I'm not sure that you could be the best authority on what is or is not racist.

Preventing human beings from living amongst you for no reason other than there parentage is precisely racism

The reason was not parentage or skincolor. They would not even take back those of their own blood, after the latter had been culturally corrupted.

For they would bring foreign morals and habits with them

The 'Fryas' mostly detested slavery, while most other cultures had slaves or masters. That is the main thing they wanted to remain free of.

• Like 2

So if I were a Findas who was willing to bend to the rule of the Burchmaagdts, allow their slaves to be free men, and live by the law of the Fryans, would they be accepted?

And the answer is no. The Findas were seen as irredeemably tricksy, were they not? The Law contains no provision for foreigners accepting the customs of the Fryans.

And Otharus, as to what opinions, I was primarily worried by your use of the old addage "cultural marxism" which I have only seen on Neo-Nazi boards. Though I'd imagine your more along the lines of detesting shipping in "refugees" that refuse to adopt hte culture, yes?

The Findas were seen as irredeemably tricksy, were they not?

By some, but not by others.

Minno (Sandbach p.59):

I will conclude this history by saying that we must not have anything to do with Finda's people, wherever it may be, because they are full of false tricks, fully as much to be feared as their sweet wine with deadly poison.

Minerva (p.101):

the carrier must make five thousand revolutions of his Juul before Finda's people will be ripe for liberty.

Apollánja's book (p.155):

The Lydas people and the Findas people will exterminate each other, and we must people the empty countries.

Déla Hellénja (p.191):

But when the priests fancy that they have entirely extinguished the light of Frya and Jessos [Jes-us], then shall all classes of men rise up who have quietly preserved the truth among themselves, and have hidden it from the priests.

They shall be of princely blood of priests, Slavonic [slave peoples-], and Frya's [i.e. free peoples-] blood.

They will make their light visible, so that all men shall see the truth; they shall cry woe to the acts of the princes and the priests.

The princes who love the truth and justice shall separate themselves from the priests; blood shall flow, but from it the people will gather new strength.

Finda's folk shall contribute their industry to the common good, Linda's folk their strength, and we our wisdom.

Then the false priests shall be swept away from the earth.

Wr-alda's spirit shall be invoked everywhere and always; the laws that Wr-alda in the beginning instilled into our consciences shall alone be listened to.

There shall be neither princes, nor masters, nor rulers, except those chosen by the general voice.

Then Frya shall rejoice, and the earth will only bestow her gifts on those who work.

All this shall begin 4000 years after the submersion of Atland, and 1000 years later there shall exist no longer either priest or oppression.

... your use of the old addage "cultural marxism" which I have only seen on Neo-Nazi boards.

I wonder what you were doing there.

One could even pick up such a term when 'innocently' browsing those boards.

I got familiar with it on Red Ice Radio.

It perfectly describes the globalist transformation into a more easily-controllable monoculture.

Essentially one line in the entire book, albeit one that really did strike a chord with me when I read IT.

EDIT: Also, as I said, the Tex still makes no provision for a Findas or Lydan who wants to adopt the cultural custom, with the majority opinion being that it cannot be done, with the exception of one inspirational speech.

Edited by flashman7870

I believe the true definition of 'racist' is "one who believes a particular race is superior to others/another".

It's not really about colour or intermarriage restrictions or if they don't like the way they wear their hair.

It's if one race thinks they are superior to the others or another particular race.

I do not see this in the Oera Linda Book. They believe their value of freedom,morals and laws are high, they know the other races downfalls and cunningness is due to the loss of their laws and inability to hold them high, which leads to corrupted morals but at no real time do I see a context of a superior feeling over the others, just a wariness to not become as the others had and to keep them at bay for they knew that their low morals would infect them.

Quite frankly, if we look at the so-called Germanic race today, (people of ancient Germanic speaking ancestry) we are pitiful. If only we'd listened more carefully.

Anyway, interesting posts peoples.

• Like 1