Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sighting reports doubled in June

The Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) has indicated that there has been a sharp rise in reports recently.

The run-up to World UFO Day this year appears to have seen a significant increase in sightings according to new data released by MUFON, the world's oldest and largest UFO organization.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...doubled-in-june

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leo Krupe

• UM-Bot

• freetoroam

• PrisonerX

Top Posters In This Topic

"People were watching our show and decided they finally discovered a place where they could report their encounter.

http://www.unexplain...doubled-in-june

Well here is the answer. ^^^^^

They do not state the percentage in terms of areas. Where were the most sighted? This is important, as it makes finding out what military activities may have been going on in the vicinity.

We also have the new "drone" thing, people can now buy them and create their own UFO experience for the gullible.

We may now see a increase in the month of July, now MUFON has been doing some more advertising indicating.

Some of these are very, very interesting and compelling cases currently under investigation"

http://www.unexplain...doubled-in-june

Great, lets see them then and we can have a go at investigating them too......or have they already been debunked?

Edited by freetoroam

People were watching our show and decided they finally discovered a place where they could report their encounter.

What self-important garbage. As if people never had a place for reporting before. Like, for instance, NICAP. Yes, it's now defunct, my point is it existed long before MUFON (unless you're talking also about APRO, which does predate NICAP by a few years. APRO mutated into MUFON later.)

People will always see things they can't immediately identify, and some will simply imagine they see something. They always have, and always will. None of that means that we're being visited by ET.

I've been reading articles about saucer-like crafts being developed and used for research etc. That could also explain some sightings. At least, when I've been reading such articles I've been thinking "This will give rise to many UFO reports.".

I've been reading articles about saucer-like crafts being developed and used for research etc. That could also explain some sightings. At least, when I've been reading such articles I've been thinking "This will give rise to many UFO reports.".

A lot of experimental test flights probably did lead to UFO sightings. Just like what everyone hates to hear silly things like planets and weather balloons.

The problem with saucer-like craft is stability. Try pushing a Frisbee through the air as opposed to spinning it. At the very least, some UFO reports were in reality misperceptions of experimental planes like the U-2, SR-71, F-117, etc through the 1970s. And never discount the will to believe.

They seem to be suggesting that people tuned into Hangar 1 and then decided to report that they had also witnessed

one of the historical cases?

Then why would MUFON bother with this report?

If they understood that many or all of the 600 additional cases reported in June weren't current sightings, why bother?

And with a misleading headline to boot?

MUFON's Director of Communications Roger Marsh however believes that the surge in sightings is more likely to be down to a greater awareness of MUFON than a rise in actual UFO incidents.

It is certainly no coincidence that the surge in reports seems to coincide with the second season of the TV series 'Hangar 1: The UFO Files' which investigates reports from the organization's archives.

"A very high percentage of the June UFO report surge were historical cases," said Marsh.

The Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) has indicated that there has been a sharp rise in reports recently.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...doubled-in-june

January MUFON reports - 721

February MUFON reports - 609

March MUFON reports - 684

April MUFON reports - 709

May MUFON reports - 900

June MUFON reports - 1179 (June 2014 was 738)

These are worldwide reports, but a majority of them are within the United States as in May 737 reports were from the U.S, Canada had 47, and United Kingdom had 40. I have yet to receive the June breakdown, but historically California leads the United States in reports. In May, California had 91 reports, Texas 56, Florida 48, New York 38, Ohio 36, Pennsylvania with 30, and remaining states less than that. In the years that I have received these reports I have never seen it go past 900 until this year. It's not a spike in UFOs, this is a public awareness piece due to the television show and I'm curious to see what states had a jump in reports.

Frankly, not too impressed with MUFON in general and their reporting/research/analysis capabilities.

Cheers,

Badeskov