Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The disappearance of Ray Gricar (Part 2)

mbrn30000

Thanks, SS, for the link.  I read this on national news. Not sure if there is any way to connect the dots to RG with this guy.  Nonetheless, it's another sick situation regarding the JS family.

Interesting as well, but still can't tie anything together with it.  IMO LM has always held a possibility for giving  LMullenax information regarding RG's stance on the AVMendez case and how it differed from what he thought, which was evidenced by his later actions. Marshall's property bordered JS's but doubt that was the case when this 'son'  was living there.   

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:08 AM, regi said:

^ Well, what I meant was that I know of no info. to show that such disregard for other people's property was a 'way of life', however, I think it's possible there may actually be precedent of such, heck if I know! 

I do think that if considered in proper context, that he'd dispose of the laptop as it was does make sense.

Anyway, it sounds to me like the one thing we agree on- that everyone can agree on- is that there was info on the laptop that Gricar didn't want known, which I think is the most interesting aspect.

If he wanted it  not be known why throw in lake so close to his car? He could have thrown it any where on his trip.  Of which I think he was murdered and this was a whole  event was  staged, to make it look like suicide.  

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

If he wanted it  not be known why throw in lake so close to his car? He could have thrown it any where on his trip.  Of which I think he was murdered and this was a whole  event was  staged, to make it look like suicide.  

Staged by "professional cleaners".

• 3 months later...

How goes the discussion?

Btw 1oldTrooper... I absolutely was scared when I was told to back off.  Thus no book and a cease to my blog. And when TG  relocated just 6 miles from my home that spooked me a little too. You didn't happen to catch his Twitter followers on his personal account before he deleted it did you?

Trooper no one is going to be polygraphed now. There is no investigation. It's a brilliant idea. But the truth here has been known by some for a very long time. Everyone has moved on. There isn't even an internet light on by anyone connected Gricar to find him. The investigation ended a very long time ago. The panel that Da Parks convened adjourned with no public comment. I appreciate you pointing out how wrong I was in the missing Jamison family case. I thought they disappeared of their own free will. Unfortunately they got lost in the woods and died. Accidental death. Did you happen to see the documents that were posted on Reddit? The FBI, Secret Service and Interpol all were involved in this investigation. Did you catch Sarah Ganim's last article? 'there was no forensic audit done in this case". That's funny because on Dateline Lester Holt says authorities told him there was nothing in his finances to point to what happened. 

What are the people who surrounded Ray doing or saying now at this time in 2017? 

PF said Ray was her soul mate. What is she saying now? 

Lara... What internet site is she running to try and find Ray? In the last article that she was quoted in. Why did she tell a reporter it was none of his business what Ray's finances were?

Tony... Why would he never answer Deadspin's calls about Ray's travel and follow ups regarding what they learned from a Freedom of Information Act request? 

Lastly, for all the ripping of me personally that has been done here. I know Melanie Sherri is glad I never quit searching for missing persons. At the very least I can say I found someone alive and helped save their life. 

Edited by Brett F
Spelling error

On 8/31/2015 at 0:01 PM, 1oldtrooper said:

Former DOD employee? I don't buy it. And....if in fact someone did contact this guy and tell him to back off, which rarely ever happens, they would have scared the **** out of him so bad that he wouldn't dare open his mouth. I call BS on this one. Book publicity.

Right and wrong. 

I have to wonder what your motivation is posting here especially being that you were scared away from writing a book. 

If your theory is truely that explosive why take the risk of putting yourself out there again? Couldn't your posts be misconstrued as you opening your mouth again? 

It seems that most have given up on the case so why stir the pot again?

It's pretty convenient for you to say you've figured out this case, dangle a piece of cheese, and then retreat using fear as your excuse. So far you've revealed squat in my opinion and only have raised the same questions that many before you have asked. If you are so indebted to JJ then why not go post with him on Webseluths?

• 1 month later...

Just sneaking a peek in here.  I know it's kinda a hollow room and so I'll whisper.  Just want to say the case is still alive.  Here's to everyone who still cares: 

• Like 1

Just got back from a weekend stay in Centre County. Didn't have time to drive to certain key areas, but I did chat with some locals about the case.

Also, does anyone wish to discuss Victor Thorn?

• Like 1

Super...

I'm wondering what your motivation is for being on here. Is it Legacy protection? For some odd reason it seems as though you want to criticize my work but I'm wondering why? Is it that you find the theory that he worked in the intelligence field and went back overseas that far-fetched and wrong? 

You made some wild assumption that Goodall leaked me his own documents.

That whole spiel you made surrounding that was absolutely flat wrong. I'm not going to go into the scenario of who leaked them to me. But since I've been flapping my gums all these years people behind the scenes who were clueless as to what happened have finally put two and two together I believe.

As far as the case being alive I know a tip was called in this summer that "Sandusky paid a man to kill Gricar." With very specific info.  As far as I know it was investigated and deemed not credible. (I bet you didn't read that anywhere. Because quite frankly it hasn't been made public knowledge because it didn't pan out.) 

People elected Ray as their district attorney. Don't those same people deserve answers as to what happened to him? AND IF I AM STIRRING THE POT.. if you were generally concerned about Ray- isn't that a good thing? Nobody else seems to care anymore. Everybody's shut up and moved on.   turned off the lights on their social media accounts and they're not speaking about the case anymore. No one even has a site dedicated to trying to find Ray when others who lose missing loved ones never stop. So if I'm on here stirring the pot trying to create interest... Isn't that a good thing if you really want Ray "found"? 

If you follow me on Twitter at all then I'm sure you've seen the flap when I started talking about this again from DA Parks. Someone took a statement I made and turned it into a threat. I'm sure they did it intentionally to try to get me in trouble. All it did was really make me angry and more determined for this whole thing to be exposed. 

She was the one that formed that special panel which to this date has never released what it found. It's simply recommended they turn the case over to PSP. 

The personal attacks you make on me I found very interesting. "Actor wannabe?" 

Ive acted in over 60 plays in my life...

I'm not sure what that has to do with finding Ray. But I'm pretty sure at this point that isn't your goal. 

There is a production company that talked to me about going overseas to find him. I understand some of the same people who were involved in the upcoming Maura Murray documentary on Oxygen want to make Ray there next story. 

My goal here is simple. I just want the truth to come out. I think the people in Centre County deserve the truth. 

And I believe the truth is that Ray Gricar led a double life. One that included work in the intelligence field. That he was picked up by his female handler...taken to Springfield to a consulate.. where his dual citizenship (something no one ever talks about that he was eligible for) came into play to get him out of the country and back to Slovenia. 

How hard was it for Judge Okiki to get there? 

I don't think his friends or family had any clue. I believe they thought the same thing everyone else thought that this was probably a homicide or suicide case early on. But I do believe that when the Secret Service got involved to poly them they figured out exactly what transpired.  And I believe it's devastated them. That's why they had him declared dead and moved on. For all intensive purposes he's dead for doing that to them. Why would they Poly Lara who was far away at college? Answer: because they had a pretty good idea that he flew the coop and they wanted to know if she knew where he was or talked to him after he disappeared. Same with Patty. There wasn't any suggestion by anyone during the time they were polygraphed that Patty or Lara were involved in something criminal against Ray. To my knowledge there were never any questions asked about it. The questions were if they knew what happened to him or where he was. 

As far as JJ goes... He has done admirable work. I don't really like to go on boards. I'll leave webslueths to him. Legacy protection seems to be in full force over there anyway. 

He paid off Patty's mortgage. He left her with a new car (the mini). His daughter went to college and for all we know was left money. We know we were lied to about his finances. If you honestly believe that there was no forensic audit done of his finances then you must think the police bungled this entire case. In any missing persons case the first thing they do is look for your phone the second thing they do is monitor your financial transactions and look at your bank account. We have on record people telling the producers of crime shows about Ray "there was nothing in his financials to indicate what happened to him". We have Newspaper accounts then saying "there was no forensic audit of his finances".  We have Lara telling a center County Daily Times Reporter when asked specific questions about his finances "That's none of your business."

So if they never looked at his finances why would they tell other people there's nothing in them to point to any conclusions? Answer: because they're clearly hiding something from public view. 

And that right there is it in a nutshell.

And also please read the last statement from Da Parks about this case that she made several years ago it is 100% the honest simple truth. Then remember that this guy was a district attorney... If anyone thought for one second inside law enforcement that this was a homicide case... That statement would not have been made. If law enforcement thought one of their own was the victim of a homicide they would never stop investigating. The only thing that's been going on at PSP in Hollidaysburg about this case is the quick vetting of looney tips that come in by whatever trooper is at the crime desk is taking them. There is no active investigation here and if the truth remains concealed due to "national security" as the redacted FOIA documents I have and DEADSPIN has say for the redaction reasons.

Then we will always have a missing persons case because Local and State LE cannot disclose the truth. 

I think the whole damn truth should come out. I think the people who elected him deserve answers. 

To date I simply disagree with your assessments, nothing more. It's extremely irritating that you claim to have solved the case, been threatened to back off by others, yet still are going from forum to forum pating yourself on the back while hiding behind secrecy. If you have the answer to this case. Spill it and provide your evidence. I can tell you that no one will follow your theory with out proof. JJ tried that and it didn't work. But to JJs credit he's never claimed to have the key evidence and solution to this case.  Feel free to PM me your proof of what you claim. Allow me to examine it and decide for myself. Just hope you don't claim that Trump was elected with the help of Ray Gricar! Lol

Edited by SuperSmith

On 9/17/2017 at 0:15 AM, Brett F said:

He paid off Patty's mortgage. He left her with a new car (the mini). His daughter went to college and for all we know was left money. We know we were lied to about his finances. If you honestly believe that there was no forensic audit done of his finances then you must think the police bungled this entire case. In any missing persons case the first thing they do is look for your phone the second thing they do is monitor your financial transactions and look at your bank account. We have on record people telling the producers of crime shows about Ray "there was nothing in his financials to indicate what happened to him". We have Newspaper accounts then saying "there was no forensic audit of his finances".  We have Lara telling a center County Daily Times Reporter when asked specific questions about his finances "That's none of your business."

So if they never looked at his finances why would they tell other people there's nothing in them to point to any conclusions? Answer: because they're clearly hiding something from public view. 

And that right there is it in a nutshell.

And also please read the last statement from Da Parks about this case that she made several years ago it is 100% the honest simple truth. Then remember that this guy was a district attorney... If anyone thought for one second inside law enforcement that this was a homicide case... That statement would not have been made. If law enforcement thought one of their own was the victim of a homicide they would never stop investigating. The only thing that's been going on at PSP in Hollidaysburg about this case is the quick vetting of looney tips that come in by whatever trooper is at the crime desk is taking them. There is no active investigation here and if the truth remains concealed due to "national security" as the redacted FOIA documents I have and DEADSPIN has say for the redaction reasons.

Then we will always have a missing persons case because Local and State LE cannot disclose the truth. 

I think the whole damn truth should come out. I think the people who elected him deserve answers. 

Read thru the latest posts and really not going to comment on anything except one statement. Calls to PSP are for the most part, answered by a civilian known as a PCO or Police Communications Operator, and sometimes depending on civilian staffing, some poor unlucky trooper stuck on desk duty. There is no such thing as a "crime desk" but a criminal investigation group which is seperate from the patrol division, which could care less about this case. The tips as they may be would be handed to the head of the CI divison and he would then assign one of his men to follow up on it. Any lead they get would be followed up on, and there would be no "vetting" of any lead or a lead not followed.

That being said, i am sure this case sits on  the back burner as the staffing levels don't allow one trooper to be dedicated to a case so old, regardless of how high profile or not. The troop G commander would have to get pressure from thr commander of the PSP before he would dedicate someone to a case so old with no credible active leads.

Last, i doubt anyone but Ray knows what happened to Ray. 

Edited by 1oldtrooper

• 3 months later...

Hello, not much activity here any longer. Hope everyone is healthy and well.  Was reading about SPM being voted out of the DA position and remembered that Patty Fornicola had sold her home that Ray and her shared so I googled her to see where she is living and got a bit of a shock.

She now resides at: 137 Laurel Run Rd, Bellefonte, PA

Not too far from her old home but that’s not shocker. Guess who else resides at this address?

Timothy T Boyde - 137 Laurel Run Rd

https://nuwber.com/person/563a7e4998f8a849c1bdcb4f

In you don’t know or don’t remember...Mr. Boyde was a prominent figure before, during and after Ray’s disappearance. He was the County Administrator. He, in a large capacity had direct involvement with the County issued laptops and was directly quoted regarding the make/model of the laptop Ray had.

“Between 2004 and 2010, Mr. Boyde served as the County”

http://www.alleganyco.com/news/government/tim-boyde-named-allegany-county-administrator/

Veteran posters from this disappearance will know exactly the significance this could hold. What are the odds that they are living together today. Many posters have theorized over the years that PF had a major hand in RGs disappearance. If that were true there would be no better accomplis than the one she lives with now who knows computers, hard drive wiping software, access to hard drives that could’ve been swapped, searches to run in the home computer etc.

Here’s another property together: 

Benner Township 

Curtis S. Zimmerman and Debra M. Zimmerman to Timothy T. Boyde and Patricia E. Fornicola, 182 Meadow Flower Circle, $275,000.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Happy Hoildays to everyone!

Edited by SuperSmith

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ss I do believe they were married I think I seen the marriage license in cdt doesn’t every body know how corrupt it is here just look at spm and others and as far as RG goes they don’t care it might go way to deep 

Oh I been watching and looking decsepshion and maybe protecting each other unless the blonde mystery woman took him out in Lewisburg Friday morning 

I been looking for this site to see if it was still here there is information there if anyone would believe it  just who and all are credible and the one who might have a piece of that puzzle  but that might be never told because of not being credible they would say don’t even believe what that person is saying 

• 1 month later...

My thoughts on the gricar case. Keep in mind, this is just my opinion and opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one. Based on all the information I have access to and what has been printed and discussed about Rays disappearance, the only reasonable explanation I can arrive at, is Ray committed suicide and his body was just never found/recovered. Ray had Patty Fornicola set up as far as the car in her name, and her home paid for. Life insurances paid out to the daughter and possibly Patty, and the money left in his accounts to the daughter.

The idea that he made enough to squirrel money away to "disappear" is a valid thought. However, when you consider what he made versus what he spent, and considering the tax bracket someone at that salary was in, and what his "net" income would be over the years, there was not really a whole lot left to hide. This eliminates the walk away theory for me. You can't live with no money and no way to support yourself.

The fact he searched how to fry a hard drive and water damage to a computer, and the fact his laptop and drive were found in the river tells me he placed them there. The fact he did this tells me he did not come up against foul play as some have thought. The fact the book was "mysteriously" left open on his desk "BY HIM" on how to replace a District Attorney, tells me he is missing on his own accord and did not meet with foul play.

Synopsis - Many have theorized that he had great plans in retirement and a daughter and girlfriend he loved and would not have committed suicide. People who are depressed "for whatever reason" do not take loved ones, future plans or anything else into consideration when they decide to end their life. I think ray was depressed and chose to end his life. The laptop was dumped in the river because it contained files he did not want anyone to see and also contained personal information. The cellular phone was left behind because there was nothing contained on it to hide. The car was abandoned in a public place so that it could be easily returned to Patty.

All things taken into consideration, this is the only thing that makes sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this guy, who was in Clinton County Prison same time Vargas Mendez was, is now and has been in trouble in Centre County.  He should be questioned regarding anything he might know about the disappearance of Ray Gricar.  He and a few others in his gang were there at the prison at the same time, some of whom were from the Loganton area. There may be no connection but at this point in time with no leads would be wise to question him.  Some of the members from Loganton got out shortly before RG disappeared.  I continue to think someone was paid to disappear RG and prison may be a place where such liasons are possible.  He should be questioned.  

"According to a criminal complaint, State College Police received a tip in November 2017 that Cody S. Bechdel, 31, was selling "large amounts of heroin" from his Boalsburg residence."

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/boalsburg-man-accused-of-selling-heroin-crack,1475749/

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/police-still-seeking-man-who-led-officers-on-downtown-chase,1469282/

JMO