Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Windows 7 vs. Windows 10

acute

If it's gaming issues, make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics and audio cards. The latest drivers can sometimes cause issues themselves, but they're usually the best place to start problem solving gaming woes. Failing that you might be able to install the last stable versions if you're still having issues.

Shouldn't be anything terminal though, just a little investigative surgery :)

yeah I tried that already... :cry: nothing seems to work, computer without sound :( I am thinking of reinstalling win 10 loool , but there are no drivers for win10 as my motherboard is concerned.... :passifier:

• 4 weeks later...

It's taken a while, but I have reached a decision.

I am refusing Windows 10 and sticking with 7 until my laptop dies.

• Like 1

It's taken a while, but I have reached a decision.

I am refusing Windows 10 and sticking with 7 until my laptop dies.

8.1 is good ... I'm very happy with it. :)

• Like 1

I still can't instal 10 because my corporate edition of symantec interferes with it. I even tried uninstalling, but no dice. I'm just going to stick with 7. I hear 10 disables pirated software. Don't want to lose my plethora of games.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Still using Windows 7. As an update though:

Latest Windows 7/8/8.1 Updates Spy on you like Windows 10

It doesn't seem to matter any longer. If you use a Microsoft product, they'll spy on you.

Personally, I'm not ready to shift over to Linux yet, so I'll probably install a second copy of Windows on a HD that isn't connected to the network, so I can be sure Microsoft have no access to anything I want to be private. It's kind of hard though when most things related to health, finance, etc. require online access.

I seriously detest Microshite these days :angry:

• Like 1

I'll get windows 10 when I buy a new laptop. That's about it. I'm not a big fan of win 8. I always liked windows xp personally. Nah, screw you guys. I'm going to go back to win 95.

• 10 months later...

Windows 7 all the way.. windows 10 is basically a spyware operating system, not saying you can get away from Microsoft's preying eyes using windows 7, but It's still better than windows 10 If you manually manage your updates and not install the new updates that do the same as on windows 10.

https://www.privacytools.io/#win10

Edited by Marsquake

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still using windows 7 and have no thoughts of changing while I'm still using the same PC.

On 9 novembre 2016 at 7:57 AM, Still Waters said:

I'm still using windows 7 and have no thoughts of changing while I'm still using the same PC.

So, basically, you are in still waters. :D