Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Second Coming of Christ

Riaan

On 9/13/2016 at 9:07 AM, Doug1o29 said:

Gold can be melted in a hot enough fire.  It cannot be burned to ash.  The only way to oxidize it is with aqua regia ("Royal Water"), so named because it is the only thing that can dissolve gold ("King of Metals").  Aqua Regia is made from one part nitric acid to three parts hydrochloric acid by molar weight.  The Bible stories do not mention the availability of either acid.  The product is auric chloride.

Natural gold is almost-pure 197gold.  Other isotopes constitute one part in 5893.  This produces less than background radiation.  Gold is less radioactive than the food they were eating.

You are depending on your own made-up pseudo-science.  If you are going to make a claim, back it up with something real.

Doug

On 9/13/2016 at 3:34 PM, eight bits said:

Doug

Steve Mason, if I recall correctly (the historian whom I quote to the left in the sidebar), remarked that Josephus is more consulted than read. Such is my relationship with Against Apion (and so it will likely remain, at least for a while longer :) ).

Are you referring to Josephus' discussion in Book I of material he attributes to Manetho? The Hyskos migration? The linkage with the Jews is Josephus' own idea, and there are some questions whether Manetho's history might have been tampered with by the First Century CE.

Not that I know of. They're 13th Century BCE. That's still in the Bible's legendary time, I think.

The canonical Hebrew Bible isn't securely "historical" until (at the earliest) just after the supposed death of Solomon, when we have the two kingdoms in place and the story gets down  to their respective struggles against foreign enemies and with each other. Call that shortly after the turn of the Last Millennium BCE, missing Seti and Ramses II by a few centuries.

I am open to correction on any part of that estimate.

7 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

Leviticus 13:40New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

"40 If anyone loses the hair from his head, he is bald but he is clean."

863875.jpg

7 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Why didn't you just say that from the beginning ?

There is very little point in debating someone who will allways be able to explain anything with the "God supercedes natural law" explanation. 

I think this sums it up:

davis_id_3-1.jpg

Share some love today!!

7 hours ago, Meditation and Prayer said:

Just shaved my head yesterday!!

Then what?

5d16eb74a7af7db194d53d63fb178f67.jpg

:D

• Like 2

16 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

Then what?

5d16eb74a7af7db194d53d63fb178f67.jpg

:D

Ha ha ha lol! Sorry married w/3 children (ages 5 months, 4 yr, 6 yr)- no homo undertone here my friend. This is very mischievous of the spirit that compelled you to do this.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 9:07 AM, Doug1o29 said:

Gold can be melted in a hot enough fire.  It cannot be burned to ash.  The only way to oxidize it is with aqua regia ("Royal Water"), so named because it is the only thing that can dissolve gold ("King of Metals").  Aqua Regia is made from one part nitric acid to three parts hydrochloric acid by molar weight.  The Bible stories do not mention the availability of either acid.  The product is auric chloride.

Natural gold is almost-pure 197gold.  Other isotopes constitute one part in 5893.  This produces less than background radiation.  Gold is less radioactive than the food they were eating.

You are depending on your own made-up pseudo-science.  If you are going to make a claim, back it up with something real.

Doug

On 9/13/2016 at 3:34 PM, eight bits said:

Doug

Steve Mason, if I recall correctly (the historian whom I quote to the left in the sidebar), remarked that Josephus is more consulted than read. Such is my relationship with Against Apion (and so it will likely remain, at least for a while longer :) ).

Are you referring to Josephus' discussion in Book I of material he attributes to Manetho? The Hyskos migration? The linkage with the Jews is Josephus' own idea, and there are some questions whether Manetho's history might have been tampered with by the First Century CE.

Not that I know of. They're 13th Century BCE. That's still in the Bible's legendary time, I think.

The canonical Hebrew Bible isn't securely "historical" until (at the earliest) just after the supposed death of Solomon, when we have the two kingdoms in place and the story gets down  to their respective struggles against foreign enemies and with each other. Call that shortly after the turn of the Last Millennium BCE, missing Seti and Ramses II by a few centuries.

I am open to correction on any part of that estimate.

On 9/27/2016 at 5:33 AM, davros of skaro said:

Leviticus 13:40New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

"40 If anyone loses the hair from his head, he is bald but he is clean."

863875.jpg

On 9/24/2016 at 5:55 AM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The thing is that we do have a way of proving this, its just that the result isn't the one you like it to be. So its much simpler just to ignore it......... isn't it ? 

So you are not going to accept the possibility that the bible might be wrong on this one ? 

Lots of christians accept that the bible isn't literally true, even the pope. Why is it so important for you to prove that it is literally true, when it is clearly not possible to do so ? 

I don't know if you guys have ever heard of Unified Field Theory but Nassiem Haramin's work corresponds with what I have been saying. This is basically the science of what we can't see (Science of Spirit). There is plenty of math and theoretical physics that even provide solutions to Einstein's unsolvable equations. All science books mus be rewritten (sorry to break this to you if you don't already know).

2 hours ago, Meditation and Prayer said:

I don't know if you guys have ever heard of Unified Field Theory but Nassiem Haramin's work corresponds with what I have been saying. This is basically the science of what we can't see (Science of Spirit). There is plenty of math and theoretical physics that even provide solutions to Einstein's unsolvable equations. All science books mus be rewritten (sorry to break this to you if you don't already know).

I'm a dendrochronologist.  You'll have to put that in terms I can understand.

Doug