Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1991 cold case Susan Carol Cassell

tomahawkchomp

On 11/23/2016 at 7:20 PM, Lucas North-justiceseeker said:

I had never met Jim, but had seen photos of him from Susan, and that is what he looked like. I hadn't seen a recent photo until today -- very surprised at what he looks like now. He looks nothing the same. This case is suspicious, but unless her body is found (presuming she's dead), I doubt it will ever be solved. For years I wondered what had happened to her because she suddenly stopped writing/calling and letters to her address came back "return to sender - no forwarding address." Then one day I did a search for her on the Internet and discovered she was a missing person -- very shocked to find this out. Susan cared deeply about Kyle, and I know she would never have abandoned him, so I'm thinking there is some foul play involved here. Hopefully the truth will come to light someday.  Here is another photo of her I found -- taken a couple of years before she was married.

susan.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/3/2016 at 1:26 PM, Lucas North-justiceseeker said:

I posted this case on my friends account and was a toddler when Susan went missing in 1991. You shouldn't jump to conclusions without facts but if your so convinced I did it ask law enforcement to check me out. The detective on the Angela Brosso case knows me and they know I am pretty much the only one on the internet trying to get old cold cases from the Phoenix area some national publicity.

Oh honey, there's a fairly sizable group of people in AZ that have been "working" cold cases and discussing with law enforcement for a while now, some for decades... The cold case enthusiast community here, if you can call it that, has existed before there were forums and databases to consolidate all of the information. That isn't even including the "lone wolves" who may get some info online about cases and contact detectives directly, even having solved cold cases, without telling anyone else about it. There's a lot more people like THAT than you think. 

On 1/5/2016 at 3:48 PM, ecalypso said:

She feels very protective of Kyle and doesn't want to send him what she has (or even relay her suspicions apparently) and says she will send him that info after his dad dies. I obviously feel differently. I think he has a right to know and Santa needs to be investigated. But when Kyle asked "wonder why I didn't even know I had all these relatives" she told him "ask your dad!"

The only person she's protecting is the murderer. No offense, but let's get real. It's painfully obvious his dad murdered his mom, according to evidence, the police, the family, common sense, and EVERYBODY; yet she's shielding him from justice? 

Did ANYONE care about this woman? Do we live in a world where people can get murdered and we wait until the murderer dies, having lived a full and free life having supposedly committed domestic violence and murder.... in order to not offend anyone's delicate sensibilities?

Lord knows WHAT Jim has told Kyle about his mom - but for them to still be close, it was obviously not the truth. Kyle has NEVER BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH. Doesn't someone who cares about him owe him that?

Doesn't Jim deserve justice? Or is it kosher to murder people. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 12/22/2016 at 11:20 AM, Absolutely said:

The only person she's protecting is the murderer. No offense, but let's get real. It's painfully obvious his dad murdered his mom, according to evidence, the police, the family, common sense, and EVERYBODY; yet she's shielding him from justice? 

Did ANYONE care about this woman? Do we live in a world where people can get murdered and we wait until the murderer dies, having lived a full and free life having supposedly committed domestic violence and murder.... in order to not offend anyone's delicate sensibilities?

Lord knows WHAT Jim has told Kyle about his mom - but for them to still be close, it was obviously not the truth. Kyle has NEVER BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH. Doesn't someone who cares about him owe him that?

Doesn't Jim deserve justice? Or is it kosher to murder people. 

The lack of response to this is telling. I really hope Kyle reads this. 

• 7 months later...

The lack of responses to this may just mean there's been no new information. I just checked in here again today and see several new posts.. I guess i needed to change my settings in order to see followup posts.

By the way, I am personally in agreement that my ex-bnl's wife is dead wrong to want to "protect" anyone here. I spoke at length with the detective assigned to this case and told them all I knew (which is basically all I've posted here). I would love to see Susan's killer brought to justice. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2018 at 7:07 AM, ecalypso said:

The lack of responses to this may just mean there's been no new information. I just checked in here again today and see several new posts.. I guess i needed to change my settings in order to see followup posts.

By the way, I am personally in agreement that my ex-bnl's wife is dead wrong to want to "protect" anyone here. I spoke at length with the detective assigned to this case and told them all I knew (which is basically all I've posted here). I would love to see Susan's killer brought to justice. 

So you are telling me Kyle still doesn't know about what his dad is suspected of?