Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could It Be That Vampires ARE Real?

WeirdCreatures248

So for my whole life I have been believing in all these different creatures; which, in my opinion seem really real. My parents (well my mom more than my dad) said no they aren't, but I just believe I guess.

There was something that happened to me that makes me believe.

Anyway, all I want to know is if they're real. I honestly still believe in them; and will forever, but who has had any experience with them or knows anything about them?

Thank you!

• Like 2

Teenagers like the idea of vampires for 3 very important reasons:

1) You will never have to grow old.

2) You will never have to face death.

3) You will never have to grow up and be a real adult.

When a person is young this is a very attractive and compelling thing to believe in. However, just like the things we adored when we were young children (Barbie dolls, Power Rangers, Marvel comic characters and so forth) the notion of real 'Twilight' type vampires and werewolves will eventually fade away. Getting ones driver's license, planning to go to college, having your first 'real' boyfriend/girlfriend will take the place of these mythical beings. It's ok to have fun thinking about them though (especially around Halloween).

You could use the same list for Peter Pan...

• Like 4

You could use the same list for Peter Pan...

Captain Hook is haunted by the literal incarnation of time Tick-Tock the Croc.

• Like 1

When we are young we don't want to grow old -- oh yea I buy that. It use to give me cold shivers. Now that it's happened, at least so far it ain't so bad.

• Like 1

So for my whole life I have been believing in all these different creatures; which, in my opinion seem really real. My parents (well my mom more than my dad) said no they aren't, but I just believe I guess.

There was something that happened to me that makes me believe.

Anyway, all I want to know is if they're real. I honestly still believe in them; and will forever, but who has had any experience with them or knows anything about them?

Thank you!

Belief in these things in itself isn't a big deal nor is it harmful. But just understand that there is no actual evidence of their existence. Honestly, I would think it would be really cool if they did exist, though, and maybe someone will someday come forward with proof and make us all believers.

But until then, nope vampires, sorry.

When we are young we don't want to grow old -- oh yea I buy that. It use to give me cold shivers. Now that it's happened, at least so far it ain't so bad.

Frank, the only thing that gives me the 'shivers' is how fast a year goes.

...and to you too, WeirdCreatures248 (we have to find a better name than that), when most of us were your age a summer seemed like a year. Now a day can seem like a week.

Edit: "Could it Be That Vampires ARE Real'?

Answer: 'Real vampires' don't exist. Many people are promoting and making money based on the vampire mythos currently. It's the 'flavour of the day'; it's either "werewolves", "vampires", "aliens" every few years.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Frank, the only thing that gives me the 'shivers' is how fast a year goes.

...and to you too, WeirdCreatures248 (we have to find a better name than that), when most of us were your age a summer seemed like a year. Now a day can seem like a week.

Oh ain't that the truth. September over halfway done. It feels like last Christmas was just yesterday. It is depressing.

• Like 2

Oh ain't that the truth. September over halfway done. It feels like last Christmas was just yesterday. It is depressing.

Wait until some celebrity is celebrating their 50th birthday and it seems you were old when they first came on the scene.
  • Like 2

You want them to be real, therefore they must be real. Flawless logic.

• Like 6

Thank you!

I suppose it depends on what you define as a vampire.

Blood-sucking came from the Slavic people, around the 9th century. Garlic comes from Romania, where it was placed on windows or rubbed on cows (I can't talk, we tip them over here). The first vampire to die due to sunlight is Count Orlock, from the movie Nosferatu (1922) (incidentaly, one of the most accurate portrayals of the vampire of legend), and the reason for such an unusual death is due to director F.W. Murnau's desire to take full advantage of the exciting new medium known as film.

Vlad the Impaler never actually did anything vampire-like, although he did have a fairly direct method of posting warning signs on his property, although it is alleged that he was the basis for Bram Stoker's memorable character. I would honestly say that the modern-day, Blade-esque vampire began in the 1970's with the publication of Anne Rice’s novel Interview with the Vampire in 1976.

"Every age embraces the vampire it needs."

— Nina Auerbach Our Vampires, Ourselves

• Like 1

The mythical creature who turn into a bat and is immortal may not exist, but there sure are people who choose the Vampire way of life.

Real-Life Vampires Exist, And Reseachers Are Studying Them:

Link: http://blogs.discove...vampires-exist/

Top Academic Claims Britain Has ''Underground Network'' Of 15,000 Vampires:

Link: http://www.mirror.co...rground-3612813

Edited by Phenix20

If they exist, we will probably have proof some day. With all the photos and videos around, we would be able to notice some people in 100, 200 years that are still alive (if they are a little careless)

If they exist, we will probably have proof some day. With all the photos and videos around, we would be able to notice some people in 100, 200 years that are still alive (if they are a little careless)

If that's the actual nature of vampires in general. Hollywood's portrayal of vampires, or anyone else's in any sort of literature, doesn't mean that's actually what they are.

But, yeah, as with anything, if they're real, then proof will pop up eventually.

Where's psyche101? He'll debunk vampires. Oh that's right, his specialty is ufos and aliens. :alien::w00t:

• Like 1

Some people are emotional vampire that seem to be able to drain all enjoyment out of a room. My aunt is like this. As for the stupid sparkle vampires, nope and nope some more. Most of the people who want to be vampires are think they are might have peter pan syndrome.

• Like 3

Where's psyche101? He'll debunk vampires. Oh that's right, his specialty is ufos and aliens. :alien::w00t:

Meh, vampires usually debunk themselves. :)

I'm surprised vampires and werewolves aren't associated with ufos. There are claims that bigfoot could be an ET

since some people claim to see ufos and bigfoot in the same area.

There are sexual deviations that involve blood. Also one of the great human religion traditions makes quite a fetish about the blood of its purported founder.

Given this context the vampire myths are not surprising, but please don't tell me someone is actually going to insist they are real. Drinking blood is not a magical act and is in fact a fairly common food in many parts of the world -- it is high in protein of course but also way too high in saturated fat to really be desirable food. Because of the food superstitions most Westerners have, they find it repulsive, which is no doubt part of the appeal in a perverse way.

• Like 1

Well there is the subculture thing called Otherkin. A bunch of teens and adult who think their something their not. They supposedly have the 'soul' of a wolf, angels, demons, fairy's, and all kinds of other crazy junk. To me it's utter stupidity. I mean it find to pretend when your a kid, but as you grow older you should realize you are you and that's it.

I'm surprised vampires and werewolves aren't associated with ufos. There are claims that bigfoot could be an ET

since some people claim to see ufos and bigfoot in the same area.

Oh there will be more of that now. Nice going. :)

There is always a grain of truth in every myth or legend. Maybe the vampire myth is nothing more than a twisted remembrance of the blood sucking (draining) cannibals of old- Elizabeth Bathory and Vlad (Dracula) the impaler.

The black eyed people (kids, mostly) might be the closest thing to a vampire there is, and sadly we'll probably never be able to prove their existence.

I'm curious about the experience that makes you believe in them..

Yes, can you enlighten us?

• Like 1