Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Best Ghost Movies

Paranormal Panther

We have a thread about the best horror movies. Here's a less general list for Halloween. What are your fav' films about specters and spooks?

My List:

The Haunting (first one)

The Shining

The Changeling

Poltergeist

Ghost Story

The Sixth Sense

The Fog

The Ring

The Innocents

The Legend Of Hell House

• Like 2

The Others

Awesome movie! I was totally shocked at the ending :)
  • Like 6

I quite enjoyed the original Paranormal activity movie

• Like 3

I'm hearing a lot of whispers that Crimson Peak is gonna revamp a lot of lists ~

• Like 1

The Others

I almost put that movie on my list. It reminded me of "The Sixth Sense" in obvious ways.

• Like 1

Yep for me too, its The Others.

• Like 1

The Changeling

Poltergeist

Ghost Story

Three of my absolute favorites right there! George C. Scott was fantastic in The Changeling.

• Like 1

Three of my absolute favorites right there! George C. Scott was fantastic in The Changeling.

He was a great actor. I often thought that he was underrated. IMO, he was right up there with Nicholson and Pacino. He was perfect for his role in "The Changeling".

• Like 1

He was a great actor. I often thought that he was underrated. IMO, he was right up there with Nicholson and Pacino. He was perfect for his role in "The Changeling".

I couldn't agree more. He was definitely one of my favorite actors. I thought he was great in the 1984 Television version of A Christmas Carol. To me, he was the most convincing Scrooge ever.

I liked his role in Firestarter as well.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more. He was definitely one of my favorite actors. I thought he was great in the 1984 Television version of A Christmas Carol. To me, he was the most convincing Scrooge ever.

I thought about that movie when I replied to your other post. Most critics claimed that Alastair Sims set the gold standard for the role of Scrooge. Both actors were great in that role. The film adaptation, of Peter Straub's "Ghost Story", also featured classic actors in their golden years.

• Like 2

I thought about that movie when I replied to your other post. Most critics claimed that Alastair Sims set the gold standard for the role of Scrooge. Both actors were great in that role. The film adaptation, of Peter Straub's "Ghost Story", also featured classic actors in their golden years.

Ghost Story definitely had an all star cast. It's really hard to believe that movie is as old as it is. It's not a movie that you see replayed on T.V. or any pay channels much and I could never figure out why. It had a great plot and the acting was fantastic in that movie.

• Like 1

Ghost Story definitely had an all star cast. It's really hard to believe that movie is as old as it is. It's not a movie that you see replayed on T.V. or any pay channels much and I could never figure out why. It had a great plot and the acting was fantastic in that movie.

Time flies when you're having fun....or not. I think that the movie is dated. I mean that as a compliment. It's superior to most post-2000 formulaic horror films. It isn't "found footage". It isn't based on a "true story". It doesn't put blood and gore above good acting and good writing. It's a real ghost (not demon) story.

• Like 2

Is insidious good or bad?

Insidious is a great movie. I thought it had a decent plot and some good 'jump' scenes in it. I did some movie soundtrack work for one of the actor's independent films a while back so I might be a bit partial though. ;)

• Like 2

I'm hearing a lot of whispers that Crimson Peak is gonna revamp a lot of lists ~

I saw Loki's butt. I felt dirty afterwards.

• Like 1

I saw Loki's butt. I felt dirty afterwards.

Thanks for the heads up ... :lol:

~ I'll keep the eyes out ready to shut ...

`

Thanks for the heads up ... :lol:

~ I'll keep the eyes out ready to shut ...

`

Unless you're like me and you perv a bit on Loki. I was like...wait a minute...am I gonna see...oh yep, there it is.

• Like 1

Unless you're like me and you perv a bit on Loki. I was like...wait a minute...am I gonna see...oh yep, there it is.

Considering my favorite Loki moment was when Hulk was pummeling him over left and right I'd say I'm more partial to perv a lot more on Natasha's posterior ~ I'd even get a copy just to get my finger on the pause

:)

`

My favorite has to be the Sixth Sense, that movie was so emotional, and the ending was just..so great.

Edited by Rinna
  • Like 1