Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Krampus

werewolflvr96

Who exactly is Krampus you ask... well he is the devilish counterpart of saint nicholas. Instead of bringing toys and things to good children Krampus deals with the bad children. Hitting them with switches and rattling chains before dragging them off in a basket. He has many names across the continent such as - Knecht Ruprecht, Certa, Perchten, Black Peter, Schmutzli, Pelznickel and Klaubauf. Of course it is just a legend that started in central germany to scare children into being good but it is something to tell your children and maybe it might just persuade them to be good.

• Like 4

It will not work on the kids today, they will just ask for the outfit or game for Christmas.

• Like 4

Or that new IPhone 7s with duel-core processor and 100tetrabytes of data, oh and it has to have the latest versions of facebook and twitter...

Kids these days, whatever happened to playing with your Transformers and LEGOs?

• Like 3

Really, because I'm a Transformer fan (G1 and Beast Wars), and the latest TF line did not do too well sales wise.

• Like 2

Really, because I'm a Transformer fan (G1 and Beast Wars), and the latest TF line did not do too well sales wise.

I am not an expert on kid's toys, but in Germany and Korea I see plenty of kids with Transformers. And they do play with other toys, as well as outside on playgrounds.

Cool, but sadly here in America, kids have lost intrest in toys, now its all about the iPhone and stuff.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Many kids in today's cities if Krampus came to visit them, they'd be like, "Well, at least he showed up, which is more then I can say for my biological father....".

• Like 4

I'm also a massive Transformers fan. Which line do you class as the latest? Combiner Wars or Robots in Disguise?

They both do reasonably well, although I think in recent years only the movie-related lines would have compared with the huge success of the first few years of G1.

Hasbro don't release comparative sales figures so no-one apart from them knows how well each line does in comparison with the others, but they do make it clear that Transformers remains one of their core successful brands.

I particularly like the Masterpiece line from Japan recently, some great quality figures there.

• Like 1

I'm also a massive Transformers fan. Which line do you class as the latest? Combiner Wars or Robots in Disguise?

They both do reasonably well, although I think in recent years only the movie-related lines would have compared with the huge success of the first few years of G1.

Hasbro don't release comparative sales figures so no-one apart from them knows how well each line does in comparison with the others, but they do make it clear that Transformers remains one of their core successful brands.

I particularly like the Masterpiece line from Japan recently, some great quality figures there.

I vastly prefer Combiner Wars. As I am a big CHUG collector and CW lets me get the original combiner teams to fill out my CHUG ranks. Although I have no intrest in getting the non-G1 Combiners (e.g. Optimus supreme or Victorion)

I am indifferent to the RiD figures, as I do not watch the show.

Yes Masterpieces are very good figures, I have 3. Grimlock, Sideswipe and Bumblebee.

I am a big fan of the Krampus thing. I really like the Krampus parades in Austria. I wish those would make their way to the states. We are far to PC but it gives older teens and young men something to do at Christmas. It seems like around that age boys have nothing to do at Christmas. Too young to be parents and too old to love it as kids themselves. Also it brings back a bit of the wassailing /lord of misrule tradition that the pilgrims didn't allow to cross the pond.

• Like 1

Well the film is out now, and it does not look like the sort of thing which will make you sleep soundly after watching it =

American dark fantasy horror film

https://en.wikipedia.../Krampus_(film)

We should be seeing this on UM in the new year by the many who think this is a documentary. :cry:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Cool, but sadly here in America, kids have lost intrest in toys, now its all about the iPhone and stuff.

thats quite a large call to be making.. speaking for an entire American age group

My grandmother was born and raised in southern Bavaria. She said that St. Nikolaus and Krampus would both come to schools when she was young. Good kids would be rewarded by the Saint, and bad kids would be punished by Krampus. Apparently it was a very stressful time for the kids as they were so worried they would have a painful punishment inflicted on them. It's a good memory for her since nothing like that happens in America.

I might have gotten in less trouble growing up if we had Krampus come to our schools in the U.S.

• Like 1

I hear Krampus and think PMS.

• Like 3

Only way to kill a krampus is to skip a shale rock off water and hit the krampus in the neck with it.

Edited by monkeyman2269
  • Like 2

My grandmother was born and raised in southern Bavaria. She said that St. Nikolaus and Krampus would both come to schools when she was young. Good kids would be rewarded by the Saint, and bad kids would be punished by Krampus. Apparently it was a very stressful time for the kids as they were so worried they would have a painful punishment inflicted on them. It's a good memory for her since nothing like that happens in America.

I might have gotten in less trouble growing up if we had Krampus come to our schools in the U.S.

I have a feeling that the Krampus would not fare well in the U.S. were he to manifest. Showing up during school to punish naughty children,especially Krampus style with a switch and big laundry bag to stuff kids into.

That would result in a SWAT team and a CPS visit for ole' Krampy. If Krampus steered clear of making school visits and showed up at the naughty kid's houses he would face new challenges. After exposure to a diet of Walking Dead,Saw movies and various first person shooter/gory horror/monster video games the Krampus would have a tough time even getting a second glance,let alone being considered scary. And woe to the Krampus if he wandered into a naughty kid's house that happened to be in a bad,urban neighborhood. Instead of encountering the terrified cries of children promising to be good he would instead be greeted with a hail of gunfire.

• Like 2

I have a feeling that the Krampus would not fare well in the U.S. were he to manifest. Showing up during school to punish naughty children,especially Krampus style with a switch and big laundry bag to stuff kids into.

That would result in a SWAT team and a CPS visit for ole' Krampy. If Krampus steered clear of making school visits and showed up at the naughty kid's houses he would face new challenges. After exposure to a diet of Walking Dead,Saw movies and various first person shooter/gory horror/monster video games the Krampus would have a tough time even getting a second glance,let alone being considered scary. And woe to the Krampus if he wandered into a naughty kid's house that happened to be in a bad,urban neighborhood. Instead of encountering the terrified cries of children promising to be good he would instead be greeted with a hail of gunfire.

He'd also have to be pretty freaked out about lawsuits and hate crimes and such.

Krampus could not exist in America nowadays. The kids would just mug him and take all of his stuff......

• Like 2

Krampus could not exist in America nowadays. The kids would just mug him and take all of his stuff......

They'd probably like the matches, lighters, tongs, pinchers, switches, whips, knives and alcohol he'd be carrying.

thats quite a large call to be making.. speaking for an entire American age group

I'm sure that comment was generally so to speak, Lucas. Many kids here in the UK are also interested in iPhones rather then toys for Christmas.

Edited by Hudds