Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Madison doctored the Constitution's story

questionmark

It’s been called the “foundational” story of the United States. In the spring and summer of 1787, delegates gathered in Philadelphia and labored from May through September, arguing, wheeling, dealing and ultimately hammering out a constitution for the United States. The “Federal Convention,” as it was called then, teetered on the brink of collapse several times as the delegates battled over each clause, over the shape of the presidency, over representation in the Congress and over the relative powers of the states versus the national government, and the small states versus the large.

It’s a dramatic story. It’s been told and retold, interpreted and reinterpreted for more than two centuries by scholars and judges alike, based largely on a single work: a tome of some 600 pages in modern book form, called “Notes of Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787 as Reported by James Madison” or more simply “Madison’s Notes,” a day by day summary of who said what about each proposition put forth by the delegates and how the votes came out on each as the document slowly evolved. The work was published after Madison’s death in 1836, when no other delegates were still living.

Read more

Seems politicians have always been good at rewriting history.

• Like 1

The problem is: history has a long memory and sooner or later your influence on it will cease. It is totally useless to try to rewrite it in your favor. The reality will catch up with you.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

The above video a U.S Marine speaks of James Madison in response to I guess people who are not aware of the foundation intended by our Fathers of America.

He mentions Federalist paper # 43 in regards to ACLU attorney Nate Wessler who names Barack Obama judge jury & executioner a set of characteristics described by our Founding Father James Madison as the very definition of tyranny in Federalist Paper # 43, let's take a look.

link to Federalist Papers,scroll down to # 43   https://www.congress.gov/resources/display/content/The+Federalist+Papers

Edited by Ellapennella
added a word left out

On 11/18/2015 at 8:51 AM, Ashotep said:

I wanted to say that your post reminded me of Muhammad rewriting history , he was political in his quest.

not interested in posting here---I didn't realize  this particular thread  was not in the U.S politics topic when i entered in the search for "James Madison" therefore i tried to post in the U.S topic thread after posting here my mistake, and well the mod misunderstood my intent and closed  my thread . My intent is not at all what question marks intent is concerning Madison & Liberty & the constitution of how Madison seen it. besides this thread topic here, isn't in the correct topic area. 

I don't think it's gotten any views much because it's in the wrong area here .

maybe it is in the correct area, come to think of it. I'm just really turned off by his attitude in how he continuously slanders America every chance he gets here on UM.

Edited by Ellapennella
added to say

and of course  question mark has to distort the facts about our constitutional rights and liberty , as usual.

and our Founders too.

Edited by Ellapennella
added to say

On 11/18/2015 at 10:00 AM, questionmark said:

The problem is: history has a long memory and sooner or later your influence on it will cease. It is totally useless to try to rewrite it in your favor. The reality will catch up with you.

yeah, remember that. it is totally useless for you to try to rewrite it in your  favor. there's a reason why the democratic symbol is a donkey.

Edited by Ellapennella
removed a word