Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the Freemasons rig the Titanic inquiry ?

UM-Bot

New evidence suggests that the Freemasons were heavily involved in the investigation in to the disaster.

Surprisingly few people were ultimately held accountable for the sinking of the Titanic on April 15th 1912 - an event generally regarded as one of the most infamous maritime disasters in history.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/288832/did-the-freemasons-rig-the-titanic-inquiry

More chance of the riggers who worked on her rigging an inquiry than masons, I reckon.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

Huh. I have always held a position that the captain of the Titanic was ultimately responsible for not avoiding the tragedy (or appropriately training his crew to be aware of the massive underwater threat imposed by an iceberg)

Weren't like 90% of the wealthy men in England at the time part of the Masons? A large number of Masons were involved because the population held a large number of Masons.

• Like 8

Or it was the English speaking white men who did it.

• Like 2

I would go as far to say that every 3rd gentleman you meet will be a brother, its logical that there would be many involved in the titanic case.... every single case thats ever happened for that matter!

• Like 3

Eh, not with dropping attendence. Off hand, of the many people I've met very few have been Freemasons. Most don't even know how to join if they wanted to due to bad media portrayal.

DieChecker is spot on here ... and also ; What about all the Freemasons that would have been on board ?

What a stupid article and what a stupid study !

• Like 3

Eh, not with dropping attendence. Off hand, of the many people I've met very few have been Freemasons. Most don't even know how to join if they wanted to due to bad media portrayal.

yeah ... but back then, every second man and his dog were part of such organisations.

Well, okay ... not the dogs

No ... hang on ... i will check the internet on that one ... ( I should have known ! :-* )

2014-3-6-dogs-playing-poker-mason.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah fraternities were prety big. Now the local Moose Lodge couldn't raise membership even offering free steak dinners on Fridays.

Of the many people you have met, how many were around in 1912?

Times have changed, but I doubt in those days it would have made any difference if they were freemasons or not, the rich elite would have made sure they did not get the blame no matter what they were part of.

• Like 1

What could have possibly been the motive for such a rigging? It's pretty clear what happened. The boat hit an iceberg. How exactly do you fudge that?

• Like 1

What could have possibly been the motive for such a rigging? It's pretty clear what happened. The boat hit an iceberg. How exactly do you fudge that?

There were a number of bad decisions and short cuts that went into making the Titanic, some either possibly caused the sinking or sped up the sinking, or increased the death toll.
  • Like 1

There were a number of bad decisions and short cuts that went into making the Titanic, some either possibly caused the sinking or sped up the sinking, or increased the death toll.

Well, obviously, if they had enough life boats, they wouldn't have had so many deaths. I just don't know what anyone on shore could have done about them hitting an iceberg. They weren't steering the thing.

Investors and contractors sould have been an issue. Training, hiring of officers, a number of things came together that could be laid at the feet of White Star and tgeir investors.

Just Imagine If it never Hit that Berg ? It might of been turned Into War materials then and The War would of Still Turned out the Same, And We wouldnt Have a Great Sea Disaster to Make Movies and Books About !

As a retired member of an organization that is responsible for the investigation of such incidents, including the International Ice Patrol, I've read reports and studies and after-action-reviews of all the findings and evidence. From what I've read, all the seriously negligent parties were on the ship that night - and are still on it, today. It was bad design (but standard for the day), poor communications between damage control crews and the bridge, significantly worse damage than initially reported, and crap communication with the passengers after the allision. She was outfitted with life-boats capable of holding 50% of the passengers and crew - which was both standard for the day, AND ridiculous - at least considering that she was supposedly "unsinkable."

And the Californian always received the brunt of the blame for the aftermath - since she saw the flares (thought they were fireworks), and got repeated SOS messages - which were ignored as the SS Californian Captain assumed they were in jest.

This article (and study) is lazy and uses nothing but conjecture to make its points. Poor journalism.

• Like 4