Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did you want war?

odinsupreme

I was just wondering if there are people who really wanted that war... I don't mean that you want the war because you like war, but for the political issue.

I still think this war shouldn't be..sad.gif

Odin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Bizarro

• Kismit

• Saru

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody really wants War, I had hoped that Saddam would be overthrown or assinated before it got this far. I now think that he gave us no choice but to get rid of him by the only means left. I just pray there are little or no civillian casualties as they're the real loosers in all of this and also the families of the soldiers (on both sides).

sad.gif

I don't want war. I don't agree with the US's actions, but I guess that we have no real way to stop what has already begun. I just hope it will be over soon, but it wont be.

Mentalcase

Guest Guest

*sarcasm*

Well, persoanlly, i dont mind them building up weapons of mass destruction. I mean, the US and Britian have them, so why cant they. I mean, so what if they will be used in terrorist acts against other countires? What does it really matter if people start getting killed again in the name of god. I mean, we must be an evil superpower, that despite going out of our way to help betrotten people, must have some evil cause and wish to dominate all. And you know, their chemical weapons are fine too. I mean, so what if people are being threated with an attack that could do such horrific things that you cant even imagine it. Oh, and the bio weapons are just the same way.

So yeah, we should let them be. Let them gather weapons, let them learn how to use them, and then let them actually do what they have threatened to do! Or, even better, we could give them time to get a nuclear device, and really hurt those imperialist Americans.....

*/sacrasm*

Guest,

You are totally missing the point, did anyone said that he/she liked Saddam and agreed with what he is doing? dry.gif

Thh problem i have got with the war is that despite the effort of numerous countries to solve the crisis in Iraq with diplomatic weapons, the USA thinks they can attack. So, why sohould any other country listnen to the UN? The whole meaning of the UN is useless because of this action!:(

Odin

I agree with Halo. Nobody wants war, but it was the choice of Saddam Hussein to go to war. Since Hussein refused to abide by international law mandated by the unanimous decision of the U.N. Security Council, that left the coalition partners with no option.

I also agree with Halo that the civilians and the soldiers on both sides are the victims here. With Hussein removed from power, the region will rejoice as the biggest mass murderer will no longer be able to subject his people to the abuse that he has subjected them to for so many years.

i totally agree with this war. we can attack whenever we please if it relates to our national security. attacks on us will be less likely when Iraq is liberated. the fact that the world is treating us like aggressors has hardened my beliefs even further, and now i agree with Bush for cancelling the Kyoto Treaty as well. he had a grasp on the state of world affairs that many people here just couldn't imagine being true. he stated that he wouldn't let the world dictate to us how we should regulate our pollution and now i see he was wise to keep the world's grubby hands off of our economy.

before this whole political nonsense, i believed that the world was a just place which could govern itself. i believed the UN was a good start to a world body that would make just laws. now, i totally oppose the UN and any form of world government. now, i distrust the ambitions of these countries who oppose us. i find it ironic how so many countries expressed sympathy after Sept. 11th but now treat us as aggressors in Iraq. once upon a time, i would have considered it more likely that someone in my own country would be behind that attack than some other country, but now i really wonder who is our friend and who is our enemy in this world. i see a lot of anti- americanism coming out of places i never thought it existed.

that being said, i am glad that the UK stands by us. i have a new respect for their faith in my country. if we were the evil imperialists that so many have made us out to be, surely this world would be a much different place.

I agree with Halo, nobody wants war but this is the only option that Saddam has given, he refused to comply with international law to destroy any weapons of mass destruction. It is the civilians of Iraq that I feel sorry for and also for our troops, already there have been scud missiles (weapons that Saddam isn't supposed to have) fired at Kuwait.

Guest Guest

Bah, the people are getting what they deserve, for defending the creep that He is.

And screw the UN. What have they done for us? Have we gotten relief aid from them when our country has a disaster? I mean, loot at all our earthquakes, tornados, floods, etc, yet we get jack. Yet, something happens elsewhere, and we go an help as needed. We help the UN in its peacekeeping missions, etc. But when WE are threatened, we are supposed to roll over and be nice? Im shocked at you people. Thank god YOU guys arent in command of our military...if you were, we would be speaking arabic right now. mad.gif

Please delete this last post...

...I don't like this thread, we all know that it is a dangerous topic here...

why?

i feel its a topic that is going to come up until its discussed. trying to stiffle it just keeps it popping into other posts. maybe its time to take the gloves off and have it out once and for all. smile.gif

the fact that the world is treating us like aggressors has hardened my beliefs even further, and now i agree with Bush for cancelling the Kyoto Treaty as well

DS,

For one thing, what does this have to do with the topic?

For another, Bush had no choice. Before Bush, Clinton also rejected the Kyoto treaty, and he had no choice either. Only 5 out of the 100 senators supported the treaty, so it would have failed regardless of the position of the President

i find it ironic how so many countries expressed sympathy after Sept. 11th but now treat us as aggressors in Iraq.

Most of the world, and that includes me, don’t feel the connection between 9/11 and Iraq. They are two separate animals, that has to be dealt with two separate ways.

I do not usually reply to these kind of topics, as I think all war and acts of violence is wrong under any circumstances.

But, it has become obvious that Saddom has only had one agenda as far as I can see and that is to try and turn this war into a religious one, against Muslims and Christians, which he has succeded in doing.

Homer, what i am trying to express is my extreme disgust with the rest of the world and the way they are treating the USA.

the Kyoto treaty is a major issue to the countries that criticize us like to bring up. i used to agree with them in that i felt we should have signed it as a gesture of goodwill. now, i agree with Bush and the Senate for not wanting to sign it. they obviously understood forces at work that are against our interests and i did not. i think those forces have become abundantly clear since the Iraq issue has been debated.

about 9-11. i am saying that people around the world understood our intentions when we attacked Afghanistan- even though our fight was with Al Queda. they had faith that we were acting in our defense and in our interests- not simply trying to make Afghanistan the 51st state. suddenly, with Iraq, we are on a path to global domination- even though we have MORE justification for war with Iraq than we did in Afghanistan. we never had a peace treaty with Iraq and they were in flagrant violation of the cease fire for all these years.

DS,

I know what you're saying, and I agree with you. But most of the world thought the U.S. was justified with Afghanistan because their rulers were not even hiding the fact they were harboring the terrorists that attacked on 9/11. So to get to the terrorists he had to conquer the ruling authority, which we had the blessing of the world, for the most part.

But...the argument much of the world has is that Iraq never attacked the U.S., and yet the U.S. wants to not only disarm Iraq, but remove it's government and completely take over their country. Like you, I agree with this war, but I'm merely expressing the views others might have as to why they oppose the conflict.

It's important to keep in mind that there are many nations that support the U.S., but do so quietly so as to avoid a negative reaction with their own population. This is important information due to the fact that many governments fear Iraq and back the U.S. position because of intelligence information that has not been revealed to their own public

Guest Guest

Need one be attacked to defend one's self? Why not take care of threats when they arise, instead of waiting for innocent people to DIE?

Taking out the government makes alot of sence, as that is who is threatening us! I dont get people against the war. Would those people prefer we get killed in a horrific chemical attack? Do they even know the kinds of horrors chemical and bio weapons hold? Sarin gas, Mustard gas, Anthrax, etc.. And they want PEACE with these horrific people? Wipe them off the face of the planet, then the hippies will get what they want; true peace.

There are two main reasons why some people are opposed to war. One would be financial gain, like with France and Russia; and the other would be fear and jealousy of American power and influence. With the collapse of the Soviet Union, and the U.S. victory in the Cold War, the void that the Soviet Union left was filled by the U.S.

The U.S. is the most powerful nation in the history of the world, both militarily and economically, and there are many throughout the world that detest that much power.

ever heard the saying 'violence solves nothing' ??

Bush believes this war will put an end to terorism in the USA, but lets think about that...

US fires a Cruise Missile at one of Saddam's palaces. The palace blows up and Saddam is killed. Hooray!!!!! BUT, there happened to be a father and son nearby. The father get killed by flying debris and the son witness this infront of his eyes. The son survives and the only thing that is on his mind is REVENGE. The whole terrrorism 'process' starts again.

So what did killing Saddam solve, from this hypothetical situation. NOTHING

I am neither jealouse of American power or am I gaining financially from this war . I do however live in a nuetral country which allows me to make my own decisions . It must be very hard to live in a country where the president and the military are the one's telling you what is going on as the points of view are very limited.

I also do not detest the power that America believes it has . I do how ever detest the missuse of that power.

Back to the financial gain , Why is it detestable for France and Germany to make money from not having a war , but perfectly fine for people like Vice president Cheney and President Bush to make money from a War?

In answere to the original question no I do not agree with the war . If President Bush where doing this for the people of Iraq as he says he is (we call that spin doctoring in NZ , American's taught us how to do it) then a peacefull resolution would have been much better for them .

Ronin I personnaly would like to show some concerne toward the way I have seen the French be treated in this war.

Two days ago at work a group of Americans came into my place of work and refused the salad dressing because it was called French Vinegrette . They got there meals and where enjoying them when a French familly came in and where seated at the table beside them . This apparently was enough to make the Americans get up and leave . I could not get over the ignorance shown by the American group , an absolutely shamefull display of racism form so called patriots who believe this war is for the good of humanity.

No, I did not want the war to start.

However, now that it has I support the coalition troops and wish

for a speedy ending to it. (Highly unlikely I reckon as it could be

like Topsy and grow and grow) (ps my nephew is a marine and

we don't know where he is at the moment)