Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Thanato

Snowbird pilot dies

5 posts in this topic

MOSSBANK, SASK. - Two Canadian Forces Snowbirds crashed in mid-air Friday morning while on a routine practice flight over southern Saskatchewan, killing one pilot and injuring a second.

Capt. Miles Selby, 31, died in the crash. He was a native of Tsawwassen, B.C., and a two-year veteran of the elite aerobatic team.

Read the Rest

~Thanato

This is such bad timing for an event like this. Sometimes I wish the news here in Canada was censored. Each time theres a crash involving a plane or a helicopter, my parents go "See! Planes crash too! And you wanted to be a pilot! Its suicide!"

On "routine" practice flight. You'd think they'd know where to fly if it's generally a routine.

Still, Tis' a sad news.

The manuver they were doing is vary dangurise, they were basicly playing Chicken but one was a tad bit higher and one a tad bit lower. Unfortinatly something happened and the clipped and the one Pilot died (Rest in peace) and the other ejected and is in Moose Jaw hosptical.

I hope the Snow Birds recover.

~Thanato

This is such bad timing for an event like this. Sometimes I wish the news here in Canada was censored. Each time theres a crash involving a plane or a helicopter, my parents go "See! Planes crash too! And you wanted to be a pilot! Its suicide!"

397739[/snapback]

I know where you are coming from because I did go to school to be a pilot (I don't fly for a living) and my family is always on my case. Especially since 911.