Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vanished Object

Aftermath

I wont go into the full details but I had an item disappear in front of me, too. Turned the place upside down searching for it, only to have it reappear in the exact spot where I'd left it. I thought maybe it was there the whole time and that I just didn't see it, but at the time that it happened, I was very aware that maybe I was overlooking it, and scrutinized the spot very, very carefully being 100% certain it wasn't right under my nose. It wasn't there. Then poof! I couldn't believe it.

There's a force playing tricks on us I believe, and some do in fact call this phenomena 'the trickster'. But you can speculate until the cows have come home, really.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

So I though I would piggy-back on this same thread regarding another strange occurrence at my home.  This wasn't necessarily a vanishing object, more of "appearing objects" out of nowhere.

This was last Friday, 19-Aug.  This day I planned to have a friend stop by to provide some business advice/consulting and before he came over I cleaned up the house a little.  I noticed a stuffed animal on the floor of the foyer, I picked it up and threw it up stairs (we have a loft that over looks the foyer).  When I did this there was nothing on the railings that separate the loft from the open foyer below.  After my friend left I proceeded to tell my boys that I would take them to the pool and to get ready.  But my oldest son couldn't find his bathing suit.  We looked everywhere for it.  All over the house we looked.  Finally, after about 25 minutes of looking, he was standing in the middle of the stairs and declared that he found his bathing suit.  I rushed over and seeing he was naked and empty handed I asked where.  He pointed to the loft railing.  There it was, laying over the railing.  WTF?  It was not there 1 hours previously - nor was it there while we were looking for it.  My other two sons were in the garage the whole time, waiting for us and putting on sunscreen...  so I know they weren't playing a joke on us.  I don't know, perhaps my oldest was f'ing with me...  but by the look on his face when I came over I don't think so.

I don't know - just wanted to share.

• Like 1

My response is same as before, it was on the rail the whole time but nobody thought to actually look there.

On the floor, in or on the dressers, the hamper - all places you'd expect to find it were searched but until eyes actually focused on it on the rail it was virtually invisible to searching brains because they excluded that place as a possibility.

• Like 2