Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First EVP caught in House

stevemagegod

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aav9reroguctptv/20151215%20165606.m4a?dl=0

Its a 32 second recording.

Its the first truly thing i have captured in my house that i did not hear when recording. I have done well over 50 recordings and nothing like this. I was just messing around so i was excited when i caught something. Because i usually do recordings to 30 seconds to 1 minute of complete silence. I only caught 2 anomalies on the tape without me talking. The first one is at 9 seconds and the second one around 15 seconds. The second one is really interesting to me because it sounds like laughing. I would like to see what you guys think. The first anomaly is also interesting because i was recording with my ipod touch and i saw the anomaly imprint itself on the waveform.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

At around 20-24 sec i thought i could hear laughter. Ive did some recordings myself and i find them puzzling. Is it really voices? i just dont know. Our brains can try to make it seem to be voices also. :-*

• Like 1

A few seconds near to the end of recording, I heard which may have been a laughter or repeated words. All sounded in quite a distance, I'm unsure it was a spirit or maybe someone either outside or next door. Did you accidently tap or lightly bang on your device a couple of seconds after you spoke?

• Like 1

At around 20-24 sec i thought i could hear laughter. Ive did some recordings myself and i find them puzzling. Is it really voices? i just dont know. Our brains can try to make it seem to be voices also. :-*

I know right. I think it might be similar to Pareidolia where we see **** that isn't there. But in this case we are hearing **** that might be there. After all are hearing compared to most animals in the animal kingdom is terrible. Were we need to rely on technology to improve on what we miss. Also this recording was done in my room. I have done recordings all throughout my house:

The Kitchen

The Living Room

The Basement

Upstair Rooms etc.,

I have even experimented with the classic TV White Noise. And No voices so i delete the recordings for space. Hell i even done some evp sessions at my local graveyard just for ****s and giggles. And in some of the older sections of the place to. Nothing. It kinda disturbs me that out of all of the above the only evp i get is in my fing room. And the only reason why i started recording in the first place was because i heard this loud ass knock in my house with me being the only person in the house.

• 2 weeks later...

EVPs can be very chilling at times, but alI I can make out here is some garbled words and what may be a giggle. Sorry. But don't worry, just keep trying and you may someday capture something really incredible! :)

Edited by AustinHinton
  • Like 1

I have done well over 50 recordings and nothing like this....

Geez. You must be short of pareidolia...

Steve do you agree that the human brain is excellent at trying to put words to sounds, faces to pictures, etc? It's one of the tenets of evolution and the ability to do so is an important part of life.

So... a few questions:

1. How does your 'method' ensure that you don't simply hear what you want to hear?

2. For example, how have you determined the 'background noise' of the Ipod, and also what system events might cause a 'blip' in the recording? What is the relative likelihood that any anomaly in the noise would be interpreted as a syllable? In other words, what controls have you applied?

3. Why would something spiritual use this particular method? Why not something where it can't be 'subjective'?

I know the answer to that last one......:D And the earlier questions are answered by adopting the scientific method, which, to date, no paranormal researcher has done... Will you be the first?

• Like 1

the human brain is excellent at trying to put words to sounds, faces to pictures, etc? It's one of the tenets of evolution and the ability to do so is an important part of life.

You are correct. So far, I think there are two faces on the left dotted image, and maybe a cat on the right?

post-156744-0-45026100-1451768721_thumb.

Edited by Hudds

• 1 month later...

Geez. You must be short of pareidolia...

Steve do you agree that the human brain is excellent at trying to put words to sounds, faces to pictures, etc? It's one of the tenets of evolution and the ability to do so is an important part of life.

So... a few questions:

1. How does your 'method' ensure that you don't simply hear what you want to hear?

2. For example, how have you determined the 'background noise' of the Ipod, and also what system events might cause a 'blip' in the recording? What is the relative likelihood that any anomaly in the noise would be interpreted as a syllable? In other words, what controls have you applied?

3. Why would something spiritual use this particular method? Why not something where it can't be 'subjective'?

I know the answer to that last one...... :D And the earlier questions are answered by adopting the scientific method, which, to date, no paranormal researcher has done... Will you be the first?

Yes I do. I have read from various sources that it is a survival mechanism. To locate missing persons on the seafloor using scanning technology etc.,

How does your 'method' ensure that you don't simply hear what you want to hear?

My method is no different from any other investigators trying to get evps. I ask a question, and then listen in complete silence for about a minute or so. And then playback the recording.

Why would something spiritual use this particular method? Why not something where it can't be 'subjective'?

For places that are truly haunted I have come up with the theory that they are not "Spirits of Dead People" at all. But in fact a new form of Animal. One that is made up completely of Energy. Animals need Food to survive, and the leading theory is Spirits will drain Batteries,Human Emotions, and Electronics to manifest or make there presence known. Just like how some Animals are very territorially Spirits can be to. Especially Poltergeists when you invade there space. They will act out, and start throwing random crap all over the place and some can be deadly. Also they could be using the radio waves in the air to imprint themselves on the devices investigators use. After all radio waves are flowing through each and ever one of us all the time and we don't even feel it. From Space, and Man made.

For example, how have you determined the 'background noise' of the Ipod, and also what system events might cause a 'blip' in the recording? What is the relative likelihood that any anomaly in the noise would be interpreted as a syllable? In other words, what controls have you applied?

For the Background Noise I make sure no one is home and everything is off. Outside noises I will tag with my voice that i physically hear like plane,car,radio etc.,

Lately i have noticed a lot more "blips" when using the ipod for EVPs. It hasn't always done that before so I don't know what the problem is. But i haven't identified anymore voices since that 1st blip.

• 4 months later...
On 1/2/2016 at 0:13 AM, AustinHinton said:

EVPs can be very chilling at times, but alI I can make out here is some garbled words and what may be a giggle. Sorry. But don't worry, just keep trying and you may someday capture something really incredible! :)

I hear voiçes in my apartment all the time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rhonda Marcello said:

I hear voiçes in my apartment all the time

Cool! I hear voices all the time, at home, in public, in my mind... They tell me strange things, unspeakable things. :unsure: