Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favorite Singer!

nebit

So this is just a fun topic where you can post your favorite singers! :D

Here we go. My favorite singer is Michael Jackson, Ke$ha, Katy Perry, and Brittany Spears. :D

Who do you like?

I think this threads title should be changed to "who is your favorite musical performer"

None of those people you listed were great "singers"...

Anyway welcome to UM Melissa,hope you have a great time on here :tu:

• Like 8

I think this threads title should be changed to "who is your favorite musical performer"

None of those people you listed were great "singers"...

Anyway welcome to UM Melissa,hope you have a great time on here :tu:

Oh, okay I'm sorry. And thank you for the warm welcome. ...Um, in your opinion I understand they may not be good singers, but to me they are. I mean, out of all of them I think Michael Jackson is the best because of his songs, dance moves, and the nice person he is. :)

But that's just your opinion; in my opinion I think they are good singers :D

• Like 4

Stevie Nicks, Linda Ronstadt, Janis Joplin.

Welcome to UM and have fun.

• Like 5

Stevie Nicks, Linda Ronstadt, Janis Joplin.

Welcome to UM and have fun.

What's funny is i have Stevie Nicks as one of my top singers of all time aswell! :tu:

I have many bands over Fleetwood on my all time list,but Stevie definatly has one of the most beautiful singing voices EVER!!!

eta

When i say singing i mean stevie could sing live in person and sound amazing,not a bunch of studio touch ups and lip synching when live ;)

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 4

What's funny is i have Stevie Nicks as one of my top singers of all time aswell! :tu:

I have many bands over Fleetwood on my all time list,but Stevie definatly has one of the most beautiful singing voices EVER!!!

eta

When i say singing i mean stevie could sing live in person and sound amazing,not a bunch of studio touch ups and lip synching when live ;)

Alright! :nw:

Somebody described her as "Honey voiced" That fits to a T. :tsu:

• Like 1

Florence and the Machine. Don't know her full name.

Carly Simon

Donna Summers

Bonnie Tyler

Whitney Houston

Johnny Horton

Roy Orbison

Pat Benatar

• Like 2

Her voice is kinda like a classic rock version of Allison Kraus (sp) i hate country music but her voice is something else! :tsu:

• Like 1

Florence and the Machine. Don't know her full name.

Carly Simon

Donna Summers

Bonnie Tyler

Whitney Houston

Johnny Horton

Roy Orbison

Pat Benatar

Good list :D Whitney Houston I heard was good :)

• Like 1

I don't know CK. I'm pretty sure Michael Jackson had some vocal chops. Not saying he's my favorite but I give credit where it's due. It's so hard to list favorite singers. So many different singers are impressive yet I couldn't list a favorite.

Force me to choose though... Roy Orbison, a legend and a Wilbury.

I'll tell you who has some serious talent that many might not know. Myles Kennedy. Slash, who is an official legend, currently features him and his band. This dude can sing the hell out of probably anything but especially GnR songs. He outshines Axl in every way though I'll never discredit Axl for being amazing in his prime but Myles kills it. Velvet Revolver songs too. I'm not familiar with Alter Bridge but he sang for them too. Anyhow, he's a rock n roll tenor and yes I'm a GnR geek but I think that's known by now.

Here's a live Night Train and if you dig it look up more. I promise you'll be impressed after a few songs.

• Like 4

I have an aunt who hate Stevie. Always said she sounds like a lamb. I like Stevie but don't fully disagree with my aunt's assessment.

• Like 1

Yeah MJ's earlier career proved he had a voice,i almost forget about it sometimes because much of his latter career was a lot of synthetic sounds added lol

I have to agree also that there are almost to many to name...

That is one thing i do give great credit to rappers for though unlike pop stars they will tell you up front that they are not "singers",that they are artist or poets instead...

• Like 1

Strictly going by "voice"...

"The Best" (My opinion only of course)

Male - Roy Orbison...

Female - Moya Brennan

Honorable Mention:

Justin Haywood (Moody Blues)

Janis Joplin (Big Brother and the Holding Co - Solo)

Eric Burdon (The Animals - War)

"Mama" Cass Elliot (The Mommas And The Poppas)

Don McLean (Solo)

Marilyn McCoo (The Fifth Dimension)

Ozzy Osbourne (For the hard stuff)

Julie London (Old school "Torch" songs)

just off the top of my noggin...

• Like 4

I have an aunt who hate Stevie. Always said she sounds like a lamb. I like Stevie but don't fully disagree with my aunt's assessment.

Well back at ya! :tu:

• Like 1

Ozzy always amazed me. The guy can't speak for anything yet sings clear as a bell. I seen him live a couple times. Between songs he jibbered like he does, could barely make out a word. Then he sings and sounds like a studio recording.

• Like 7

Ozzy always amazed me. The guy can't speak for anything yet sings clear as a bell. I seen him live a couple times. Between songs he jibbered like he does, could barely make out a word. Then he sings and sounds like a studio recording.

This is getting weird, just a couple of hours ago I was thinking about Ozzy (rare for me), and the abuse his brain must have endured back in the day! Brian Wilson is another that didn't fare too well either.

Looking back, it's a miracle that I can even put 2 words together myself!

• Like 6

He's like an old, over-the-hill boxer (I won't name anyone specifically). Looks terrible, can hardly get around, but when it comes to moving around like a butterfly, he's still got it.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 5

Ozzy is a legend but i put Robert Plant above him ability wise on vocals :tu:

Hey Fess actually read ealier GnR is actually reuniting for at least one show coming up.

• Like 6

Ozzy is a legend but i put Robert Plant above him ability wise on vocals :tu:

Hey Fess actually read ealier GnR is actually reuniting for at least one show coming up.

Led Zep #1. I think I've got everything they ever did on CD. :tsu: (I know, I know, it wasn't all that much) Also, they tell me I was at a concert once too. :whistle:

Also, The Doors of course!

Plus I've got all The Dylan stuff, bootlegs, rare and unreleased etc. :w00t:

Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, actually all the old stuff works for me.

ETA: Speaking of concerts, I was fortunate enough to see Hendrix play in San Diego.

Creedence .... I was a casual fan of course like most people, but at the Newport festival they were the headliners and they put on the best show! They sounded just like on the record.

The last concert I went to was Bad Company in Denver, we sat in the 8th row and I had ringing in my ears for weeks..never again.LOL

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 5

Zeppelin,Doors,Sabath,Hendrix,Pink Floyd,Skynyrd...

I have tons of the 60's and 70's era rock music the "golden age" :tsu:

First song i learned on guitar was "little wing" by Hendrix :tu:

• Like 4

Speaking of Hendrix again, he played at Jack Murphy stadium there in San Diego. When the concert began a white limo pulled up to short center field just past 2nd base.

His guys opened the doors, pulled him out, carried him up onstage, (I kid you not) stuck a guitar in his hands and he played without a break for about 3 hours.

ETA: You play! I think I learned to play "Smoke on the water" LOL

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 4

Awesome ZZ :tu:

I would have loved to have been alive in that era to go to concerts!

Alot of people hate on Jimi (i really don't know why) i agree his vocals werent the top of his time but really with all those greats it would be hard to be the best!But what he did with a guitar was kinda groundbreaking!

I don't really care if others like him or not i do lol

• Like 2

^ I hear ya.

"Who is the best guitarist?" Yeah, some people have the nerve to say Eddie Van Halen!

I'm more of a Jimmy Page or Clapton kind of guy.

• Like 5