Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2016

BrooklynGuy

Congratulations to Bama13 and all the Tide fans as well as both teams for a great season. :tsu:

My prediction for the 2016 National Champion is the Greatest Team of All Time

125logo.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats to Bama and it's fans on another NC...

If it can't be the Sooners, at least it's another Crimson and White team...

• Like 4

Final 2015 rankings, nice to see Houston in the top ten.

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Stanford

4. Ohio St.

5. Oklahoma

http://espn.go.com/c...otball/rankings

Next years predictions are already out by the prognosticators at ESPN. I think Harbaugh takes Michigan to the playoffs were they lose to Alabama and Harbaugh loses it and slaps Saban upside the head when they meet at midfield for the handshake. :w00t: In the other semi it's going to be Baylor against the Irish. :santa:

1. Clemson

2. Alabama

3. Baylor

4. Michigan

5. Oklahoma

http://espn.go.com/c...oo-early-top-25

• Like 3

I really think that a teams ranking during the early part of a year should be their final ranking of the previous season... I really get tired

of all these "prognosticators" that are already setting up the championship game - and we haven't even had spring training yet...

• Like 2

Final 2015 rankings, nice to see Houston in the top ten.

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Stanford

4. Ohio St.

5. Oklahoma

http://espn.go.com/c...otball/rankings

Next years predictions are already out by the prognosticators at ESPN. I think Harbaugh takes Michigan to the playoffs were they lose to Alabama and Harbaugh loses it and slaps Saban upside the head when they meet at midfield for the handshake. :w00t: In the other semi it's going to be Baylor against the Irish. :santa:

1. Clemson

2. Alabama

3. Baylor

4. Michigan

5. Oklahoma

http://espn.go.com/c...oo-early-top-25

Yay prognosticators!

Now why do I say that? Take 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

And thank you Brooklyn for this great thread! :tsu:

• Like 3

Bama's not here to gloat today?!

What a pompous arrogant prick :lol:

I stand by my final 4 for 2016

1. Baylor

2. LSU

3.Stanford

4.Fl St

With Bama as an alternate...

With Auburn most likely being not very hyped to start '16 they might make it to the big dance,just seems to be their way of doing things haha.

Gus will be on the hot seat and with recent changes to his staff (most of which were down grades) he gets a chance to open '16 with a bang or go out with a whimper...

First game of the regular season is Clemson,last game is Bama...Any questions :w00t:

• Like 3

Sorry CK, was in Tuscaloosa celebrating with my brethren!!

Brooklyn, I'm confused by the initial post in this thread. You say that BAMA is going to win the Natty again in 2016 then put up a picture of North Dakota? :innocent:

• Like 4

My prediction! 2016 National Champs!

2433.gif

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 3

After Monday night I think Clemson may win it all next year. I was really impressed with Watson. I think their entire offense is back.

• Like 2

After Monday night I think Clemson may win it all next year. I was really impressed with Watson. I think their entire offense is back.

But they will lose most of their defense...

I think Fl St is just a little bit more adapted to massive turnover than Clemson is atm.

This might sound crazy but don't sleep on Houston maybe possibly making the final 4 next year.They return almost their whole team,kept their HC,and that convincing win over Fl St will be stuck in the committees minds.Just sayin haha

• Like 3

But they will lose most of their defense...

I think Fl St is just a little bit more adapted to massive turnover than Clemson is atm.

This might sound crazy but don't sleep on Houston maybe possibly making the final 4 next year.They return almost their whole team,kept their HC,and that convincing win over Fl St will be stuck in the committees minds.Just sayin haha

Anyone not in a "Power 5" conference is a long shot. I'm not sure an undefeated Houston (or any non-power 5 team) makes it over a one loss Power 5 champion. Now if we have multiple two loss champs then I think it would be possible, but this year I think a two loss Stanford might still have been ahead of Houston. Also don't think the AAC will be as strong next year. Navy loses their record setting QB. Memphis loses their "NFL ready" QB, the guy one of your teams took to the woodshed.

That is the beauty of college football. This year everyone thought tOSU would be the team to beat. Last year a lot of people thought BAMA would be the team to beat. Every year some teams disappoint while others surprise. I love this sport!!

• Like 3

I agree it's a long shot for Houston,but never underestimate the power of ESPN slobbering all over themselves about a team for months on end...

I'm already ready for next season lol

Don't know if you read about it but Auburn lost their O line coach a few days back and hired Penn St's...I will give the guy a chance because that school was hit with big scholly losses recently but the amount of sacks given up over a two or three year span of him coaching was staggering!Hoping the new QB John Franklin III can really give AU a spark this upcoming season!

• Like 3

Well the Big XII is going to be allowed to have a championship game with only ten reams. While I don't agree with the decision I see that the Big XII still hasn't decided if they want to have a championship game. If I were the committee I would let them know that no championship game means no playoff berth. If it not fair to make other teams play 13 games while Big XII teams only play 12. If the B1G didn't have a championship game then Iowa would have made the playoffs. BAMA and Clemson both had to win their championship[ games top get in. Wasn't right that Oklahoma didn't have to win another game.

• Like 2

Bad news Brooklyn, Miss Universe, Pia Wurtzbach, posted on facebook that BAMA is the "Best college football team in the universe". I know of no greater authority on college football!!

• Like 3

I have to agree with Miss Wurtzbach given her extensive background in sports. :passifier:

Screen-shot-2013-03-05-at-8.47.21-PM.png

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind seeing her BACKGROUND...Strictly for research purposes and judging her ability of making such statements :whistle:

You guys understand,i'm very strict with my criteria :yes:

• Like 3

I'm thinking she found a rather decent back alley doctor on the islands. :innocent:

• Like 3

Just read a tweet that said: "The greatest trick Saban ever pulled was convincing the world that the dynasty was over."

If you haven't seen the movie "The Usual Suspects" I highly recommend it.

• Like 2

Think Bama and Ohio St have the biggest rebuilds to do after the draft,talk about a WOW factor!You could build a bad ass team with just the players those two teams are losing!

But not like either team or coach hasn't been there done that,5* line both benches waiting for their chance.

I really do like LSU's chances this upcoming season,first time in a long time most of the team returns and with the new DC in place that side of the ball should be vicious!The O returns a damn good line,AWEsome rb,good wr,all that is needed is consistent qb play and i can see the final 4! :yes:

• Like 2

Well Bama with Tim Williams DL,Rueben Foster LB,and Eddie Jackson DB all saying they are coming back all fronts of the D though slightly depleted of experience have a leader in their groups to build around!

Think now that Saban is one behind Bear all time and two to tie him while at Bama and take the all time lead he will be more motivated than ever (think he wants to be done by 70) that's a scary thought...

Time to step up the rest of college football,Darth Saban can't be allowed to do this lol

To add

Just a question to the rest of you non SEC guys...

What if that Bama win started another multi year/team SEC streak?

• Like 2

Just a question to the rest of you non SEC guys...

What if that Bama win started another multi year/team SEC streak?

What if it is a multi year/single team streak? That team being Alabama, of course!! I think we can all live with that! :innocent:

• Like 1

What if it is a multi year/single team streak? That team being Alabama, of course!! I think we can all live with that! :innocent:

Could happen...Bama brings back more than anyone expected!

Think LSU is going to have something to say about who wins the SEC this year though ;)

• Like 2

Could happen...Bama brings back more than anyone expected!

Think LSU is going to have something to say about who wins the SEC this year though ;)

I think the fine folks at L5U know how to say "BAMA is the SEC Champion, again!" :clap:

• Like 2