Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Body found at Russia's infamous Dyatlov Pass

UM-Bot

52 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

The KGB would naturally be keen to cover up radiation exposure from secret (and illicit) nuclear testing, wouldn't they. 

Actually, that would not be the KGB, but the GRU (Soviet military intelligence) that would have been responsible for that. But yes, they would have been interested in covering it up. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

On 3/22/2017 at 6:13 PM, minera said:

I don't believe there were any mysteries but cover ups by the KGB for their own reasons and the girl who had the missing tongue was found with her face partially in a nearby creek for many weeks before the group was found.

See, if you don't know the answers, they are called "mysteries".

What you got there are "opinions", and there is nothing wrong with having opinions.  However, there are people that have other opinions, and those opinions tend to be much better supported by the information that we do actually have regarding the situation.

Any opinion that relies on having less information regarding the situation, rather than attempting to account for all the information (to say nothing of being able to distinguish between actual data, conjecture, and outright additions to the original story) tends to be not as credible as an opinion that does.

You have spent a great deal of effort to determine what the "mysteries" were, i.e. the tongue, the radiation, etc.  You have come to an opinion regarding it.  What I am recommending to you now is that you read about some of the other opinions out there, instead of simply coming to a full-stop based on the conviction that you don't need any further data to come to any other conclusion.

• Like 1

This case is solved to me,  the hikers got into a fight in the tent knocking it over  and ran off in all directions. If they wanted  to survive  they would have stayed together.

Edited by docyabut2

On 3/18/2017 at 0:43 PM, glorybebe said:

If only they actually existed :huh:

See...you're the killjoy who spills the beans on the snipe hunt. 

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

See...you're the killjoy who spills the beans on the snipe hunt. 

Google helped me :P

I think it's better to say that nothing about the incident actually indicates any supernatural or paranormal, therefore doesn't really belong here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23 March 2017 at 5:39 PM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

The KGB would naturally be keen to cover up radiation exposure from secret (and illicit) nuclear testing, wouldn't they. 

You don't lose your tongue to radiation poisoning.  

• Like 1