Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Body found at Russia's infamous Dyatlov Pass

UM-Bot

A new mystery has arisen in the area where nine hikers died under mysterious circumstances back in 1959.

One of the most enduring and chilling unsolved cases on the 20th century, the Dyatlov Pass incident involved a group of nine students who went missing after going for a trek in the Ural Mountains.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/290493/body-found-at-russias-infamous-dyatlov-pass

• Like 1

More death. Yaaaaayyyy. Not as strange. Somefin natural probably took him out. He WAS in his 50's.

Edited by SHSL Medical Killer

Title could have just as easily read as "Man dies on Mountain". Nothing to see here folks. :|

Edited by Vox
  • Like 4

He may have gotten caught in the same tornado like snow storm as the Dyatlov Pass victims did.

So how did the 'storm' cut out one of their tounges

• Like 2

Oh interesting. I hope they solve this case and it might lead to some answers from 59 one.

• Like 1

Rugged terrain bad weather solitary hiker= death

The same way the sea can remove your leg.
  • Like 3

Snow snakes. Very common in Russian winter storms. They're an invasive species in the US.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Well, as I expect it's probab;y pretty nippy this time of year in the northern Urals, and anyone out walking alone would surely just be asking for trouble, is this really that astonishing?

• Like 1

Snow snakes. Very common in Russian winter storms. They're an invasive species in the US.

hqdefault.jpg

The picture is a bit grainy, but I think I can see the vestiges of arms on that snake, I bet that's how it wielded the knife!

Well, as I expect it's probab;y pretty nippy this time of year in the northern Urals, and anyone out walking alone would surely just be asking for trouble, is this really that astonishing?

Single hiker found dead in any kind of weather isn't much of a story. Slow news day I reckon.

Edited by Jungleboogie
  • Like 2

The picture is a bit grainy, but I think I can see the vestiges of arms on that snake, I bet that's how it wielded the knife!

They're a tricky species, no doubt.

I believe it was three of the hikers that had fallen down a cliff and had the injuries, the women may have hit a rock biting her tounge in falling ,her tounge was not severed off completely

I believe it was three of the hikers that had fallen down a cliff and had the injuries, the women may have hit a rock biting her tounge in falling ,her tounge was not severed off completely

she was in a tent with others in a clearing at night https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

and they were skiing not climbing. Most of the bodies were found near the campsite and without shoes,

Edited by minera

she was in a tent with others in a clearing at night https://en.wikipedia...v_Pass_incident

and they were skiing not climbing. Most of the bodies were found near the campsite and without shoes,

Its has been a while since we have discussed this topic and my memory has been of lost, but I do remember four of the victims fully dress were found much later at the bottom of a ravine under 13ft of snow.One article pictured the area and it showed some pretty high cliffs surrounding the ravine, the group could have been running and falling down those cliffs sustaining the injuries.

Edited by docyabut2

Title could have just as easily read as "Man dies on Mountain". Nothing to see here folks. :|

Incredible. How the man died hasn't even been investigated yet and a lot of you are saying "nothing to see here"? It could turn out to be a good mystery. He could have strange wounds like the Dyatlov pass group or something like that. I am guessing the disinterest is because of his age? Was the interest in the Dyatlov pass because of their young ages or because how they died?

• Like 4

she was in a tent with others in a clearing at night https://en.wikipedia...v_Pass_incident

Did you even read that link? The closest bodies where found over a 1km from the campsite.

"Searching for the remaining four travelers took more than two months. They were finally found on May 4 under four metres of snow in a ravine 75 metres farther into the woods from the cedar tree. These four were better dressed than the others, and there were signs that those who had died first had apparently relinquished their clothes to the others. Zolotariov was wearing Dubinina's faux fur coat and hat, while Dubinina's foot was wrapped in a piece of Krivonishenko's wool pants."

Edited by Rlyeh

Did you even read that link? The closest bodies where found over a 1km from the campsite.

"Searching for the remaining four travelers took more than two months. They were finally found on May 4 under four metres of snow in a ravine 75 metres farther into the woods from the cedar tree. These four were better dressed than the others, and there were signs that those who had died first had apparently relinquished their clothes to the others. Zolotariov was wearing Dubinina's faux fur coat and hat, while Dubinina's foot was wrapped in a piece of Krivonishenko's wool pants."

I imagine the four were running to keep warm after leaving some of their clothes to others, before hypothermia set in, but fell down some cliffs into the ravine.

well doesn't matter how they die , the question remains why they ran in such hurry...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On Friday, January 15, 2016 at 0:30 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

hqdefault.jpg

If only they actually existed :huh:

• Like 2

On 2016-01-15 at 1:18 AM, Rlyeh said:
On 2016-01-14 at 7:26 PM, minera said:

The same way the sea can remove your leg.

so what you are implying that the storm also caused mummified and strange coloring of the bodies not to mention the radiation they were exposed to?? This was in the mountains not in the sea.......

Also why were some of the negatives missing taken by the hikers, as well as the medical records were messed with by Moscow and changed to 'exposure'?? Exposure does not cause radiation burns or the condition the bodies were in when found. And if they did die from exposure they would not likely rot as in the sea but freeze solid?And why the coverup by the Russian government and military. None of the reasons given or theories can explain the injuries of some of the the kids. Lots of theories but the only ones that probably have information is the KGB files from that time as all files were destroyed due to an anthrax incident including medical records from the town the students were from and where the autopsies were performed and the results taken to Moscow by an official.  

My guess would be that the kids were in the wrong place at the time and paid with their lives.

• Like 2

Perhaps you should read more reports explaining the mysteries, instead of focusing on the ones that insist there are mysteries that are absolutely inexplicable.

• Like 1

On 2017-03-21 at 10:01 AM, aquatus1 said:

Perhaps you should read more reports explaining the mysteries, instead of focusing on the ones that insist there are mysteries that are absolutely inexplicable.

I don't believe there were any mysteries but cover ups by the KGB for their own reasons and the girl who had the missing tongue was found with her face partially in a nearby creek for many weeks before the group was found.They were warned not to go to the Ural mountains by the Mansi  who are native to the region.  This happened in 1959 and the only pictures released was the tent covered by snow suggesting an avalanche hence the diagnosis of them dying from exposure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, minera said:

I don't believe there were any mysteries but cover ups by the KGB for their own reasons

The KGB would naturally be keen to cover up radiation exposure from secret (and illicit) nuclear testing, wouldn't they.