Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2016 Oscar nominations

BrooklynGuy

Who do folks think will win best picture, actor and actress?

Movie: I like Mad Max Fury Road, The Revenant will probably win

Actor: I like Bryan Cranston in Trumbo, DiCaprio will probably win

Actress: I like Brie Larson in The Room, Blanchett is the favorite

Anyone else like Creed, I thought it was Stallone's best role?

Best Picture

The Big Short, Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner

Bridge of Spies, Steven Spielberg, Marc Platt and Kristie Macosko Krieger

Brooklyn, Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey

Mad Max: Fury Road, Doug Mitchell and George Miller

The Martian, Simon Kinberg, Ridley Scott, Michael Schaefer and Mark Huffam

The Revenant, Arnon Milchan, Steve Golin, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Mary Parent and Keith Redmon

Room, Ed Guiney

Spotlight, Michael Sugar, Steve Golin, Nicole Rocklin and Blye Pagon Faust

Best Actor

Bryan Cranston, Trumbo

Matt Damon, The Martian

Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant

Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs

Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl

Best Actress

Cate Blanchett, Carol

Brie Larson, Room

Jennifer Lawrence, Joy

Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years

Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn

Complete list

http://www.eonline.c...ist-of-nominees

• Like 3

Movie: I like Mad Max Fury Road, The Revenant will probably win

We a difference of opinion here my friend :tu:

I thought Mad Max sucked was sub-par. I couldn't take the canned audio track. I like to hear audio recorded (actors words) in real time, not dubbed in at a later time in post production. It's always been one of those things that bug me. :unsure2:

Also, all of the wack jobs coming out of the woodwork was a little overpowering.

To add, I used to like Charlize Theron! Her character looked like she stuck her head in a fireplace! :cry:

I did like the vehicles though! :tsu:

• Like 1

i guess i didn't watch a lot of movies last year

i like the nominees for best animated feature, though! boy and the world was great, shaun the sheep and when marnie was there were very good too. inside out will probably get it, which is fine, it was a decent movie.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

DiCaprio wil win for sure. The Oscars love movies where the Actor had to transform their physical appearance.

• Like 2

The only movie I've seen is The Revenant and while the locations were beautiful, the movie was too long and often downright boring.

I'm looking forward to seeing 45 Years and even before I've seen it, I'm confident that Rampling delivered a better performance than Dicaprio as Dicaprio's performance mostly required that he was drooling most of the time.

• Like 1

Mad Max got an Oscar nod? WOW mustve been some serious politicking going on, I was seriously unimpressed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well the day is upon us, will be interesting to see who wins and what Chris Rock does

• Like 2

I have never been a watcher of the Oscars. I look at the goody bags they get after we put money in their pockets watching their movies...there are people so much has more deserving of recognition for their jobs everyday.

And besides which I disagree with most of the winners. Look at Johnny Depp. One of the biggest box office draws and has he ever been nominated? It seems like a club that everyone is trying to get in but only a certain few ever make it in.

• Like 1

inside out won best animated, which i kind of knew would happen. eh. decent movie, but when marnie was there, and the boy and the world, and yes, shaun the sheep were all more deserving.

• Like 1

We a difference of opinion here my friend :tu:

I thought Mad Max was sub-par. I couldn't take the canned audio track. I like to hear audio recorded (actors words) in real time, not dubbed in at a later time in post production. It's always been one of those things that bug me. :unsure2:

Also, all of the wack jobs coming out of the woodwork was a little overpowering.

To add, I used to like Charlize Theron! Her character looked like she stuck her head in a fireplace! :cry:

I did like the vehicles though! :tsu:

LOL, I was way off base, Mad Max won 2 Oscars for sound! D'oh! :unsure2:

It won 6 awards tonight:

• Costume Design
  • Production Design
  • Makeup & Hairstyling
  • Film Editing
  • Sound Editing
  • Sound Mixing

Edit to add: Charlize Theron's dress caused quite an uproar. (Note: Mrs ZZ made me watch) :cry::lol:

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 1

A couple surprises, I thought Stallone would win and The Revenant would take best picture

• Like 1

The much anticipated Chris Rock monologue fell flat. I thought maybe 1 or 2 were sort of clever, but overall it was terrible.

Spotlight winning best pick was weird. The Revenant should have won for sure.

Leo finally got his statue.

Charlize's hair is starting to grow out after falling head first into the Mad Max fireplace. And that won best makeup! LOL

• 11 months later...

zootopia somehow beat kubo and the two strings for best animated and therefore everything is wrong.

• Like 2