Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US military is working on a neural interface

UM-Bot

Scientists are developing a way to create an interface between a computer and a soldier's brain.

The US military is looking at ways to turn soldiers in to cyborgs by building an implantable neural interface that can enable direct communication between a computer and the human brain.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/290840/us-military-is-working-on-a-neural-interface

• Like 1

Step one of creating an super solider like Master Chief. Step two would create a A.I. with the ability interface with the human brain. Step three would be creating an actual combat suit. Step four would be altering the human body to wear the suit designed for combat. Any of these steps would create a revolution in technology.

Cyborg soldiers? Im pretty uncomfortable with where this is going. Are we seriously talking about electronically commanding people? This sounds aweful and i am having a hard time seeing whats wrong with radio contact. Cant imagine a good motive for this project.

• Like 2

This human-techno interface "evolution" is likely to gain speed as opposed to stopping.

We see this increasing in new and prospective public game-controllers and, of course, the military.

Not sure what to think about all this, to be honest.

There was a show called "Sliders" (LOVED that show) and in one reality they visited they were hooked up to the internet via their brain.

It's coming! :yes:

• Like 1

Why is it that the military are the ones who do the most evil things? With our money!!

• Like 1

Do not allow anyone to implant anything into your brain. The potential for abuse us just too great for this to be a good idea.

• Like 1

Everyone is so afraid of this kind of stuff, I blame Si-fi for it. I see this as a way not for humans to become super soilders but as away to control unmaned equipment with out being in harms way. Perhaps, if technology advances enough, we can feel as if an artificial body is our own and see through it's eyes allowing combat to be "Safer" for both soilders and civilians.

Machines on there own can go out of control, with a human mind in charge the chances are limited as even our greatest AI's are still dumb by compassion to ourselves. We don't need an AI to interface with us we will be the intelligence that gives the machine life. I for one can not wait for cybernetics to become a reality. Hell, when they come to the public, I'll be that nut that's more machine than man.

All this kind of made me think of a saying "You can take man out of war but you'll never take the war out of man.

Edited by Brandonchpr

I wonder if it's similar to the tech in a "neurophone". I've used one of those, their weird. You have to give your brain time to adapt to it, but once you do you can hear "sound" inside your head without needing your ears, assuming it's on the the right frequency ofc. Uncomfortable to use for long periods though :P

Edited by Finity