Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So the Earth really is flat.

Baz Dane

Meet B.o.B. :st

B.o.B is a "Rapper" with a problem. :yes:

He thinks the world is flat :yes:

... and he can prove it.

His theories must be strong enough as it garnered the attention of CNN. So he must be "legit", nowhadimsayin yo?

I never heard of B.o.B before... except my Uncle Bob that is. :tu:

And in the article, about the Earth being flat, they state...

- "B.o.B laid out his case that if the world were in fact round, it would be obvious when looking at the horizon. He says cities in the distance would not be visible as they would be obscured by the Earth's curvature."

B.o.B backs up his assertions with such scientific observational methods as...

- "no matter how high in elevation you are... the horizon is always eye level."

Personally, I think what he meant was "no matter how high you are... the horizon is always eye monnn! Me eyes be all red monnn!" or something like that.

But either way, the "Chart-topper" still argues that the Earth is flat...

- "The man behind chart-topping hits such as "Nothin' on You" and "Airplanes" has posted a flurry of tweets and pictures telling his 2.3 million followers: "I didn't wanna believe it either."

http://edition.cnn.c...linkId=20680060

His "2.3 million followers". :blink:

In the article they link a "Soundcloud" track of his latest, and no doubt next "chart topping" ... ehem... "song" for you to listen to.

So I did.

After about 30 seconds, I realized that I was getting stupider by the beat. Drained about 2 points off the IQ chart, almost 3. Almost an average of 1 point every 10 seconds!

But luckily, I quickly did a couple of Math problems as a sort of "high-frequency compression resuscitation" of the brain to help offset the sudden drop in functionality. B)

Daaymn, that was rough!!!

First of all, I have to say ... "B.o.B" ... "W.T.F"???! ... Are you kidding me?!?!? :lol:

Secondly, after suffering through that 30 seconds or so, it does give a little insight into WHY he might think the Earth is flat.

He quite obviously listens to his music a heck of a lot... and the effects are apparent. :yes:

I can only sadly imagine that most of his "2.3 million followers" are now stupid enough to believe him as well.

Get ready to see some of them start popping up here at UM down the line... or maybe their offspring... won't they be a credit to society. :gun:

The real "conspiracy" here is how does a no talent HACK like "B.o.B" manage to get "2.3 million followers"???

There's probably another 2.3 million morons that would follow him as well, but don't because they're too stupid to know what Twitter is. :yes:

The Earth is Round... The Earth is Flat... Whatever ... Either way, looks to me like the Earth is Screwed.

B.o.B ... this post was brought to you by the letters F and U. ... :tsu:

I wonder if B.o.B knows what century we're in?

Bye-bye B.o.B :st

Time to change your name to "N.a.Y.B.o.B"

Warning to UM users... Please be forewarned that if you DO happen to listen to his ... ehemm... "song", titled "Flatline - feet. Neil Tyson" ... I highly recommend a trigonometry book for your recovery. Simple Addition and Subtraction won't cut it.

• Like 9

Probably the average IQ of Rappers and the adherents of their "music".

• Like 4

earth seen from the moon... nuff said.........plus any idiot knows that at sea, you can see the horizon is curved....sailors hundreds of years ago knew that...and knew....if you kept sailing south far enough....you eventually come up north.... I guess facts are not grasped by such morons...

moon_and_earth_lroearthrise_frame_0.jpg

• Like 5

earth seen from the moon... nuff said.........plus any idiot knows that at sea, you can see the horizon is curved....sailors hundreds of years ago knew that...and knew....if you kept sailing south far enough....you eventually come up north.... I guess facts are not grasped by such morons...

moon_and_earth_lroearthrise_frame_0.jpg

That wouldn't work for Mr Bob, as according to the article linked in the OP, he thinks the Moon landings were faked too...

I'd just like to know: if the Earth is flat, how come half of it is always dark? And, if the Earth is flat, how come I can't see Polaris?

• Like 3

I've come across these idiots before. The horizon is at eye level because they are looking at it.

Another claim is rockets don't work in space because there is no air to push against.

• Like 2

That's why there's endangered species. They keep falling off the edges of the flat Earth.

• Like 3

Probably the average IQ of Rappers and the adherents of their "music".

Aww, come on now, that's unfair. There are high IQ rappers and their adherents as well as low IQ ones. Same goes for every other kind of music as well, there are smart and dumb alike that make the music and like it. And there are always people of high and low IQ's that dislike every form of music too.

• Like 7

"no matter how high you are..."

He wasn't referring to "actually" being up in the air... Obviously!

Put down the bong Bob, just give it a break.

• Like 3

It's possible that the Earth is flat. I don't know. There is so much conspiracies going in NASA and the US about Aliens, the moon landing and so forth.

It's possible that the Earth is flat. I don't know. There is so much conspiracies going in NASA and the US about Aliens, the moon landing and so forth.

Try not listening to the voices in your head.
  • Like 7

I just want to point out that there's more to the Earth than the USA. NASA can't hide the Earth's flatness from people outside the USA.

Unless you think the rest of the world is an American conspiracy...

• Like 2

Who is bob? Chart topper? I listen to rap and have never heard of him. I am guessing he also has never been on a plane or to the beach or graduated high school. I mean most idiots know the earth is big enough that you cant see around it lol quit paying him attention

Baiting folks into argument via ludicrous statements isn't the most efficient way to get attention.

Try blurry pictures of Bigfoot, shadow peoples and/or UFO's, you'll get the attention you seek.

Get all three in one shot and we'll crown you little Jesus. Build small shrines in your honor, so forth and so on.

:tu:

• Like 2

No. No and No. Just no. Why do you post such things?

• Like 2

Some people on the Saturn's Round Eye forums that think the world is flat.

First time I've actually laughed out loud at a response on this forum, so thanks for that.

NASA is so powerful the traveled back in time to Classical Greece and planted Eratosthenes.

• Like 8

That wouldn't work for Mr Bob, as according to the article linked in the OP, he thinks the Moon landings were faked too...

I'd just like to know: if the Earth is flat, how come half of it is always dark? And, if the Earth is flat, how come I can't see Polaris?

Maybe sailing around the world, then.

No...it isn't possible that the Earth is flat. And you should know that. Everyone should, at this point. If they don't, it's because they don't want to.

• Like 3

I just want to point out that there's more to the Earth than the USA. NASA can't hide the Earth's flatness from people outside the USA.

Unless you think the rest of the world is an American conspiracy...

A very common flaw with CT thinking is conveniently forgetting that the US represents just under 5% of humanity and that the other 95% have scientists and space programs of their very own.
  • Like 3

I've met a few on the extreme fringe of that.

There are no other countries, it's all just a pony show to keep the sheeple distracted while the government does... whatever.

A very common flaw with CT thinking is conveniently forgetting that the US represents just under 5% of humanity and that the other 95% have scientists and space programs of their very own.

That can pretty much be said for most CT thinking around the world. Maybe not the space programs part, and the percentage of population changes.. but most places have their own CT action that leaves out the rest of the world.

Fortunately when it comes to flat earth folks... the major percentage of the world knows the world is not flat, and it's really a tiny teeny amount of people silly enough to believe the world is flat.

• Like 1