Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I think I am becoming "psychic"- help!

nonuser

Based on what you have presented, I suspect that there is a soul who would like to incarnate at this time as one of your children.

I'm speechless.

• Like 3

The "Teachings of Seth" books makes reference to the opinion that we choose our parents before birth. Very interesting.

I have just registered on this forum to seek advice for something that's been happening to me lately.

First, I've always been a super sensitive person, emotionally. I suffer from severe depressive episodes and have been diagnosed bipolar. I am usually on medication but because my husband and I started talking about having a baby, I went off the meds. Since then, these things have been happening. So, it is very possible that I am just crazy or psychotic, but please hear me out.

Here are a few examples of things that have recently transpired:

As I was lying in bed one night, I heard the words "Mom!! Moooom!!" It was an actual child's voice, which I heard clearly, but it was apparently not from an outside source. It did not sound like my thoughts. This happened during a period of time which my husband and I had been talking about trying for a baby (which we have since decided against doing.) I feel that it was a spirit baby trying to communicate with me.

The same night, I had a lucid dream in which my husband's spirit and mine met in the kitchen and had a discussion about our relationship. It was real-time, as the kitchen was dark and the light over the stove was on, as it really was.

During this same week, I had several other lucid dreams concerning my husband and trying for a baby. Also a dream where I was asleep next to a radio, which was playing sounds from the spirit world.

I had one incident where I tasted eggnog very strongly for just a few seconds, while folding laundry in the bedroom. I discovered that my kids had poured some eggnog in the kitchen and were drinking it at that moment.

I was watching a music video and suddenly I just saw/ knew the drummer's full name. I looked it up and it was correct. It is possible I had read the name somewhere before but it certainly wasn't in my conscious memory. I didn't even know the singer's name.

Last night, my husband was working late. As he was coming to bed, I heard his voice in my head say "About an hour, maybe more." It was very clear and had his inflection and everything. He must have been thinking about how much time he'd spent working. This morning I asked him about it. First he told me "I don't think so" but then said "I don't know, maybe I did think that."

There have been many other incidents but I can't recall them all... it happens maybe once or twice a week. It's not something I can "will" to happen, it just happens randomly.

In the past, I have had several incidents of "knowing" things, mostly in connection to one of my sisters. But I've never had so many random occurrences in one time frame as I have lately.

I am really struggling emotionally while being off my meds and this is not something I need right now. I do NOT want to be psychic. I am already very sensitive to what people are feeling and possibly thinking. I don't know how I can handle a shift to being even more sensitive. Also, my husband deserves his thoughts to be private.

I hope that someone can advise me on what is happening and how to deal with it.

Thank you

Wow! I just joined today and didn't see this until now. I have the same sentiment and experiences like you do. I wish I could make it stop. I know people think I'm nuts but I have witnesses all different kinds of people who don't know each other could corroborate my claims. Let's talk some more!! Maybe we can help each other.

The "Teachings of Seth" books makes reference to the opinion that we choose our parents before birth. Very interesting.

Boy did I screw up and so did a lot of other people during pre-incarnation.

• Like 1

I can easily produce a variety of psychosomatic sensations, if I so desire I can create a visual and auditory hallucination. The problem is that if I create a very strong thought it can become a persistent pain in the backside. Through autosuggestion I've been able to pull information that I've subconscious absorbed. While none of this is 100%, nothing ever is.

Try for the Akashic Records. Your ability is very interesting. I've been trying for years. I've also tried to wake up in my dreams. Which I almost accomplished.

Boy did I screw up and so did a lot of other people during pre-incarnation.

The theory states that your pre birth self knows everything and knows what lessons it has to learn and picks its parents accordingly. Some lessons are not pretty but your pre birth self doesn't make mistakes because it is your higher self and is trying to bring you home. Some think they don't want to go home.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. Updating again. I got a positive pregnancy test today. We made love ONE time during my fertile period and I took a morning-after pill the next day. I got pregnant anyway. I'm actually happy about it, in fact, I am SO relieved. Because in my heart I knew there was a baby that wanted to come and I felt so bad saying no to it-- I cried so hard after taking the pill! I am SOOOOO glad God took this decision into His own hands. This is the wierdest effing thing that ever happened to me, ever. But I know that this will be one special baby, omg.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just got a new prescription for the meds today and I plan on going back on them soon, if I can make up my mind about the baby.

Regarding the "voice" I heard: I asked doc whether that was a hallucination due to my being crazy and she said no, and "Maybe it is the baby that's going to come!" So.....yeah she apparently thinks the voice was legit.... :unsure2:

WHAT?

When you say doc do you actually mean a doctor? Is she a back alley witch doctor? cos no legit registered doctor would say this.

• Like 1

Hi folks. Updating again. I got a positive pregnancy test today. We made love ONE time during my fertile period and I took a morning-after pill the next day. I got pregnant anyway. I'm actually happy about it, in fact, I am SO relieved. Because in my heart I knew there was a baby that wanted to come and I felt so bad saying no to it-- I cried so hard after taking the pill! I am SOOOOO glad God took this decision into His own hands. This is the wierdest effing thing that ever happened to me, ever. But I know that this will be one special baby, omg.

Just do your best to stay grounded. Stress is never good for the baby. Try and just live in the moment, accept that God has a plan and relax. Wish you and your husband the best! Keep us posted.

• Like 1

Stress is never good for the baby.

No, no, noooo......the stress comes after the baby's born. All those hours of missed sleep, dirty diapers, 3 am feedings. Then they get to toddling around, tearing the house to shreds, then school starts for them, here comes those damn teenage years, and then when they finally become 'adults' they still depend on you. Gotta love children, yep.

Try for the Akashic Records. Your ability is very interesting. I've been trying for years. I've also tried to wake up in my dreams. Which I almost accomplished.

Glad someone finds it interesting. It's just something I started practicing in the early 2000's. Maybe 2003 I think, not sure. It was fun to do so I stuck with it. Nothing more than creative visualization.

• 1 month later...

I remembered this thread and came back to update. I miscarried the pregnancy. It was my fault because I had freaked out and taken a morning-after pill before I knew I was pregnant. So the baby didn't implant or something. I have THANKFULLY not heard any more spirit baby voices since the last time, but now I am dealing with the guilt of accidentally aborting my child.

As far as psychic shyt goes.... I have been an emotional wreck about the baby thing. So one morning I woke up and I remembered that in my dream state I had been consulting someone, asking questions about what I should do. This "person" or whatever was answering my questions. I do not remember what (he?) said except one thing: that I need to relax. So I have been trying to relax and just not think about it too much. It is very hard. I don't know who or what was giving me advice but I'm very thankful that someone is helping me, even if it is my own subconscious.

I also got a date in my head (while in a semi-awake state) of what I believe to be the date my grandfather will pass. It's something I have been thinking about lately because he is in his late 90s and very miserable. So, we'll see if that actually happens.

I am kind of freaking the hell out about another dream I had two nights ago. I dreamed I was in a house, looking around and calling for my husband. My voice was echoing and he was gone. I knew that he had died....and I went outside, still calling for him. There was a man next door just picking up a newspaper in his driveway. I thought "Oh, I can marry him." I was not upset in the dream. But then I woke up, abruptly. And I was so scared. I LOVE my husband and I don't want him to die and I don't want to marry someone else, ever! I am so damn scared it may have been some kind of premonition. I prefer to believe it was nothing but a regular dream because husband had mentioned earlier that night that he thinks the rheumatoid condition he has will take him out early. And I must have been worried about that.

I am really NOT interested in being psychic and I would like to believe that these things are a symptom of being off my meds. It is terrifying. The emotions that go along with this are unbearable. Last year I had a problem with drinking and I was on heavy anti-psychotic meds. I did not have these problems then. I don't know what is worse-- this shyt or booze and pills.

-edit- Oh, I just remembered another psychic thing that happened. I dreamed about my friend from another country whom I have not spoken to in a year. He Emailed me the next day.

Also, I was at the bank this morning and the woman asked me my mother's maiden name to put on some form. The name I gave (which is a random name, not common at all) happened to be the street name of a house she had just put a bid on the day before. She said she hoped it meant something. That's not a psychic thing but a cool example of synchronicity :)

Edited by blue102

WHAT?

When you say doc do you actually mean a doctor? Is she a back alley witch doctor? cos no legit registered doctor would say this.

Yeah, my actual psychiatrist said that. I'm going to get a new one.

Congratulations, and the best for your coming baby and you!

Well OK, I've just been diagnosed with psychosis and put on a new med. Maybe my "psychic abilities" will stop now? Let's hope.

Well OK, I've just been diagnosed with psychosis and put on a new med. Maybe my "psychic abilities" will stop now? Let's hope.

Drugs - meds have influence on your body. Not on a soul. :no:

Edited by Lumpino

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's understandable to think that you're becoming psychic, and you're clearly showing signs of becoming it. Many people actually possess these psychic and telepathic abilities but don't realize it. It's known as latent telepathy, its basically psychic abilities that are "latent" within you. In your case, they're starting to come out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you have strong clauriaudience..? Please protect yourself and family with light though because there are many dangerous spirits tbh and you could try to work on your depression. Other people's energy may be effecting you negatively, since you're sensitive