Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I think I am becoming "psychic"- help!

nonuser

I have just registered on this forum to seek advice for something that's been happening to me lately.

First, I've always been a super sensitive person, emotionally. I suffer from severe depressive episodes and have been diagnosed bipolar. I am usually on medication but because my husband and I started talking about having a baby, I went off the meds. Since then, these things have been happening. So, it is very possible that I am just crazy or psychotic, but please hear me out.

Here are a few examples of things that have recently transpired:

As I was lying in bed one night, I heard the words "Mom!! Moooom!!" It was an actual child's voice, which I heard clearly, but it was apparently not from an outside source. It did not sound like my thoughts. This happened during a period of time which my husband and I had been talking about trying for a baby (which we have since decided against doing.) I feel that it was a spirit baby trying to communicate with me.

The same night, I had a lucid dream in which my husband's spirit and mine met in the kitchen and had a discussion about our relationship. It was real-time, as the kitchen was dark and the light over the stove was on, as it really was.

During this same week, I had several other lucid dreams concerning my husband and trying for a baby. Also a dream where I was asleep next to a radio, which was playing sounds from the spirit world.

I had one incident where I tasted eggnog very strongly for just a few seconds, while folding laundry in the bedroom. I discovered that my kids had poured some eggnog in the kitchen and were drinking it at that moment.

I was watching a music video and suddenly I just saw/ knew the drummer's full name. I looked it up and it was correct. It is possible I had read the name somewhere before but it certainly wasn't in my conscious memory. I didn't even know the singer's name.

Last night, my husband was working late. As he was coming to bed, I heard his voice in my head say "About an hour, maybe more." It was very clear and had his inflection and everything. He must have been thinking about how much time he'd spent working. This morning I asked him about it. First he told me "I don't think so" but then said "I don't know, maybe I did think that."

There have been many other incidents but I can't recall them all... it happens maybe once or twice a week. It's not something I can "will" to happen, it just happens randomly.

In the past, I have had several incidents of "knowing" things, mostly in connection to one of my sisters. But I've never had so many random occurrences in one time frame as I have lately.

I am really struggling emotionally while being off my meds and this is not something I need right now. I do NOT want to be psychic. I am already very sensitive to what people are feeling and possibly thinking. I don't know how I can handle a shift to being even more sensitive. Also, my husband deserves his thoughts to be private.

I hope that someone can advise me on what is happening and how to deal with it.

Thank you

Edited by blue102
  • Like 1

Simple. Ignore it and focus on learning a real skill like a foreign language or something (or teach your cat to juggle...that would be cool :yes: ). Read real books and keep active with real life and soon your "problem" will fade because you aren't feeding it with your attention.

See, that is precisely WHY it is an issue because you pay attention to it.

Also..smells and sounds can unconsciously trigger memories or other sensations.

• Like 2

I can't help but wonder "why?" you decided to give up on having a baby. Maybe it's the other side trying to tell you not to give up?? I believe there are many people that experience things just like this. They end up suppressing it with medication because docs think they are looney or they just can't deal with the strangeness. I see and experience 'the other side' all the time but for me, it has become normal. When it first started, I wasn't the least bit amused. Now I understand that it is a gift and I don't do anything to force it or shove it aside. I just let it happen. We aren't given anything we can't handle.

Thanks for the replies.

Barbco, when did you start experiencing things like this? And how often does it happen for you?

I think that most people have some form of psychic ability, whether in dreams or otherwise. My daughter has deja vu on an almost daily basis. And my mother dreamed about her sister who was in a car accident the night it happened, and also dreamed about all three of her daughters while pregnant and knew they would be girls. It is not something we consider terribly odd or unusual. But lately I feel like it's reaching another level of weirdness.

As far as having another baby, I go back and forth. It scares me for a lot of reasons (I already have two girls). But it is a super hard decision to make. And hearing it TALK to me does not make things any easier.

I don't know anything about psychic stuff. It's not my cup of tea at all. I think I am a rational, normal person. So I hope that I can connect with someone here who has experienced it.

Edited by blue102

Hi Blue102, a warm welcome to UM Forum, I wish you a wonderful Unexplained Mysteries Journey here. You will have the pleasure of sharing your knowledge and experience to UM members, and in turn UM members will do just the same.

Best of experience.

I would tend to have similar thoughts as Barbco, you have a great sensibility, and it's a gift, you will use it for the benefit of others!

I think I am becoming "psychic"- help!

Welcome to UM, blue102.

I would advise you to visit a local Spiritualist Church. Most of them hold an 'Awareness Circle', open to all, for people who are interested in developing their gifts.

Spiritualist Church is a misnomer. It is not a religion. You won't be brainwashed, indoctrinated, or fleeced of your cash. There are thousands of them around the world, run by people who can help you with your spiritual progression.

Your subconscious can do a lot of strange thing. Many that people believe to be "psychic". If you learn to directly communicate with the sub-c, a whole world of weird can open up.

Your subconscious can do a lot of strange thing. Many that people believe to be "psychic". If you learn to directly communicate with the sub-c, a whole world of weird can open up.

Interesting, have you ever tried to learn to directly communicate with the sub-c?

Yes. It's rather easy.

I suppose the level of learning, and understanding may also depend on a person.

What was you capable of doing, or gained once you learnt?

Edited by Hudds

I think the OP left out the OT.

My sub-c talks to me all the time. But I don't always like what "he" says.

If you guys decided against having a baby right now, and the fact most of these things happened after you went off your meds, why don't you go back on the meds to see if things ease up ?

• Like 1

Yeah, I just got a new prescription for the meds today and I plan on going back on them soon, if I can make up my mind about the baby.

Regarding the "voice" I heard: I asked doc whether that was a hallucination due to my being crazy and she said no, and "Maybe it is the baby that's going to come!" So.....yeah she apparently thinks the voice was legit.... :unsure2:

I suppose the level of learning, and understanding may also depend on a person.

What was you capable of doing, or gained once you learnt?

I can easily produce a variety of psychosomatic sensations, if I so desire I can create a visual and auditory hallucination. The problem is that if I create a very strong thought it can become a persistent pain in the backside. Through autosuggestion I've been able to pull information that I've subconscious absorbed. While none of this is 100%, nothing ever is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I came back here to update. Last night another thing happened. I was asleep, totally asleep and dreaming. I was awoken by a child's voice, humming a tune. I popped wide awake. The voice continued humming for a good two or three minutes. I was WIDE awake and just listening to it. At first I thought it could be one of my kids humming in their room, but it wasn't-- it sounded like it was coming from ABOVE MY HEAD. I could tell that it was not my kids, although it sounded like it could be one of them (they sound a lot alike.) It was just as loud and clear as if someone was in the room with me. There was nothing abstract about it. It was a child's voice and it was obviously MY child because the voice sounded like one of my kids. I wasn't scared but I was just trying to listen carefully to see who or what it could be. Then it floated away. It sounded like it literally floated away into the distance.

So, here's the thing-- I think it might be the same "spirit baby" I heard earlier, a few months ago. My husband and I have been making ourselves crazy trying to decide whether or not to get pregnant. Last week we decided to try, just once. But then we decided to go ahead with the vasectomy because I freaked out. Spirit baby or not, the thought of having three kids terrifies me. But I might be pregnant right now. We'll see.

I just don't know what to make of all this craziness. Not feeling very well today. Kind of upset.

Edited by blue102
  • Like 1

I came back here to update. Last night another thing happened. I was asleep, totally asleep and dreaming. I was awoken by a child's voice, humming a tune. I popped wide awake. The voice continued humming for a good two or three minutes. I was WIDE awake and just listening to it. At first I thought it could be one of my kids humming in their room, but it wasn't-- it sounded like it was coming from ABOVE MY HEAD. I could tell that it was not my kids, although it sounded like it could be one of them (they sound a lot alike.) It was just as loud and clear as if someone was in the room with me. There was nothing abstract about it. It was a child's voice and it was obviously MY child because the voice sounded like one of my kids. I wasn't scared but I was just trying to listen carefully to see who or what it could be. Then it floated away. It sounded like it literally floated away into the distance.

So, here's the thing-- I think it might be the same "spirit baby" I heard earlier, a few months ago. My husband and I have been making ourselves crazy trying to decide whether or not to get pregnant. Last week we decided to try, just once. But then we decided to go ahead with the vasectomy because I freaked out. Spirit baby or not, the thought of having three kids terrifies me. But I might be pregnant right now. We'll see.

I just don't know what to make of all this craziness. Not feeling very well today. Kind of upset.

Seems to me you're experiencing some type of paranormal phenomena. The humming, hearing children's voices, the lucid dreaming: all examples. I have no idea what is at work when we experience these things, but I believe there's validity to your story. I have that sort of connection with my daughter. It's as if I can 'hear' her thoughts. We've had the same dreams, in the same night, and just too many things that defy logic have occured for me to dismiss it as mere coincidence. I'm a little confused about your wishy-washiness regarding getting pregnant. If you and your hubs are that unsure, I think THAT should guide your decision: you should be able to give a definitive "YES" if asked about wanting to get pregnant.

Seems to me you're experiencing some type of paranormal phenomena. The humming, hearing children's voices, the lucid dreaming: all examples. I have no idea what is at work when we experience these things, but I believe there's validity to your story. I have that sort of connection with my daughter. It's as if I can 'hear' her thoughts. We've had the same dreams, in the same night, and just too many things that defy logic have occured for me to dismiss it as mere coincidence. I'm a little confused about your wishy-washiness regarding getting pregnant. If you and your hubs are that unsure, I think THAT should guide your decision: you should be able to give a definitive "YES" if asked about wanting to get pregnant.

Thank you for the reply. I don't know why having another kid scares me so much. I guess I just really like my life the way it is. Unless I am pregnant right now (which isn't super likely) we probably will just go ahead with the V surgery. But hearing the kid's voice trying to get through to me makes me wonder if I should try to bring this poor spirit into the world.

But there are other explanations. Hypnagogic hallucinations (does that happen WHILE you're asleep and wake you up???), dreaming, or I could just be off my rocker. Or, it could be some sort of nasty spirit trying to deceive me. I would believe just about anything at this point.

Edit:

I also wanted to mention that several months ago, I got pregnant despite two forms of birth control. I miscarried the baby. That's what got us thinking about possibly having another one-- to give it another chance. It seemed like it was "meant to be." That is also why I am having a really hard time emotionally with all this.

Edited by blue102

Thank you for the reply. I don't know why having another kid scares me so much. I guess I just really like my life the way it is. Unwhs I am pregnant right now (which isn't super likely) we probably will just go ahead with the V surgery. But hearing the kid's voice trying to get through to me makes me wonder if I should try to bring this poor spirit into the world.

But there are other explanations. Hypnagogic hallucinations (does that happen WHILE you're asleep and wake you up???), dreaming, or I could just be off my rocker. Or, it could be some sort of nasty spirit trying to deceive me. I would believe just about anything at this point.

Edit:

I also wanted to mention that several months ago, I got pregnant despite two forms of birth control. I miscarried the baby. That's what got us thinking about possibly having another one-- to give it another chance. It seemed like it was "meant to be." That is also why I am having a really hard time emotionally with all this.

You don't have peace about it, so I'm not sure that it's 'meant to be'. If you believe in prayer, I recommend asking for guidance. You also say you miscarried (I'm very sorry) and did you find out what could have caused it? I just feel like if you and your husband aren't 100% sure about having another baby, then don't do it. I think you are a little unstable right now and it might be wise to work on your emotional well-being instead of doing something that would only induce more stress. Just my opinions.

• Like 1

Sounds more like hypnagogic hallucinations.

• Like 2

Hello,

That is an interesting experience. In my view, it adds a great deal of information to these considerations.

Based on what you have presented, I suspect that there is a soul who would like to incarnate at this time as one of your children. However this soul will desire to be wanted and appreciated as a gift. Many of the children today are different. My understanding is that those born at this time in human history have the potential to be very different. Those that can truly change this world and make a difference, will need the proper parents and environment for them to be successful.

In my view, the best way for you to validate or dismiss this as a consideration is to talk with the soul spirit of your potential child. It can be done in the same way we connect with the spirits of those who have passed over.

John

• Like 1

Based on what you have presented, I suspect that there is a soul who would like to incarnate at this time as one of your children......

Umm..I am not sure this is really a good way to rationalize/explain a miscarriage. There could be a myriad of medical reasons for this, considering the OP said she was on birth control and still got pregnant but the pregnancy failed tells me right away that perhaps a chemical imbalance, possibly caused by birth control, may have contributed to this situation.

But if there is, or will be, a vasectomy, then pregnancy might be a tad difficult.

• Like 1

Hi Blue102, here's a story I was told by a female friend two years ago.

This female friend had been married for five, six, or more years at the time. The couple wanted desperately to have a child, but weren't successful, and they almost lost their hope of having her pregnant, but it did eventually.

She had the child, she was so greatful for it, (to make story short) then the child at age 5 or 6, the parents on different discussions between themselves, my female friend asked the child, why did you took so long you come to us? The child said, before birth, I was searching the right parent to come in, and then I find you. The parents were so awestruck by this comment, she keep questioning the child, and the child said, she was circling the World to find what she wanted as parents!

I tell you, I, also, was awestruck to hear that!, a wonderful story!

So, the spirit world has so many wonders to offer, you might have been connected somehow, who knows, you know!

• Like 2

Another update. I have been feeling extremely disturbed and anxious about this situation, crying all the time. My husband and I talked about it and decided it is probably hypnagogic hallucinations brought on by stress about the trying-to-conceive dilemma. Also, as I mentioned I do have bipolar and am off meds right now. I think I may be having a nervous breakdown which involves hallucinations. I am currently trying to find a new psychiatrist. And I think having a baby is probably out of the question right now. But I may tell hubby to wait on the vascectomy until I'm feeling better (just in case.) Thanks for the replies

• Like 1

Personally lets first consider this, how bad was the misscarriage emotionally, if it was bad then this might just be the stress and stuff thats powering these hallucinations OR it could be a child trying desperately to reincarnate, personally if it is a case of trying to reincarnate then the spirit would NOT be putting u into such an emotional situation, so if it is spiritual then id suggest it is a negative being feeding off of ur stress and anxiety, these are my personal views, please correct me if im wrong