Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forest Hill Cemetery

UM-Bot

Tobias Wayland: Forest Hill Cemetery is a real life horror movie premise. This ghostly graveyard sprawls over 100 acres, encompasses seven Native American effigy mounds, and has areas devoted to every major American conflict—including the section for confederate soldiers who died at Madison’s Camp Randall POW camp. Naturally, as one might expect, a cemetery with Civil War dead built on an Indian burial ground comes complete with its own rumors of supernatural suspense, and if you’re looking for a ghost of a good time on a pleasant fall afternoon in Wisconsin, you could do much worse.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

Interesting. Where i live, we have a Forest Hill Cemetery. However, it's nowhere near as notorious as the one mentioned in the original post.

• 3 months later...

I'm always reading articles about Native American burial grounds. I mean no disrespect but there are millions of Indians, Blacks, every race we have to be buried somewhere. There were no cemeteries for thousands of years. How are we living supposed to live if we are constantly stepping on old grave sites.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, Emma_Acid said:

I thought this meant Forest Hill in south London! :(

Same here!

I was about to divulge my tales of the Waggon & Horses pub in Forest Gate!

:D

Edited by acute

15 hours ago, acute said:

Same here!

I was about to divulge my tales of the Waggon & Horses pub in Forest Gate!

:D

Never heard of it.

*googles*

Christ that looks grim. Just the sort of place I'd have spent my formative years.

• Like 1

The Forest Hill in South London is called Camberwell cemetery.  but the spooky cemetery is Nunhead, even for me, a non believer in ghosts, it is a spooky place to be, but I think it is because as a kid we used to walk the brockley jack path bit which run along side the cemetery...oh the good old dayd.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2016 at 4:32 PM, freetoroam said:

The Forest Hill in South London is called Camberwell cemetery.  but the spooky cemetery is Nunhead, even for me, a non believer in ghosts, it is a spooky place to be, but I think it is because as a kid we used to walk the brockley jack path bit which run along side the cemetery...oh the good old dayd.

Ooh. I live near Brockley. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Ooh. I live near Brockley. Thanks for the heads up!

I am from Camberwell then moved to Forest Hill, on Brockley Rise.. Small world. :tu: