Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Devil's Hopyard

UnfixedPython

This is more of a local(ish) legend. There's a lot of folklore and urban legends around this place from there being cauldron-like pools in the river formed by the Devil's footprints, to shadows and whispers and voices heard randomly in the woods.

I've attatched two images that I had on my computer from a while back (I think I just googled Devil's Hopyard since they were for a project)

All in all it's an interesting place where there's rumors of demons and the Devil himself. A pretty neat little place that I have actually been to before a few times when I was a kid. I don't remember seeing or hearing anything when I was out there but then again I was a kid so I wasn't paying much attention to stuff like that.

post-159571-0-51620800-1455081832_thumb.

post-159571-0-48000300-1455081854_thumb.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The devil has lots of locations all over the globe, you'd think he would have one estate and have done with it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well It was very interesting to read about it. I also found this document over here

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Devils_Hopyard_Sign_2_Kevin_Pepin.jpg

There are 3 weird legends

One with Potholes, One with satan, one with a man walking there at night maybe if we put hem together we will find out something.

Also I asked some friends and they told me rumors about a wedding there that ended with the couple dying or poisoned.

The rumors say that this poison where green at day and glowy red at night. The poison changed the color dramatically like it was alive at the exact time the sun fell down like such an organism.