Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pizza Delivery Horror Stories?

Columbo

I am seeing more and more Videos pop up on YouTube of people who delivered pizza and almost wound up dead, or at least had some very strange encounters. I am just wondering if anyone on here has ever experienced this? Here is a link by the way.

• Like 3

The street I used to live on as a kid was bad enough that the pizza places stopped delivering for over a year. The bottom of the street(we lived on the base of a mountain) was where the gang members and thug-life people lived, the top of the street was where the nice(ish) folk lived(drug dealing was the most anyone got up to on that side). I lived on the top half.

The house across the street was raided by police 3 times during the years we lived there, the garage door had a drug slot sawed out of it when we moved in, the general rule was to never walk around at night, etc. I still remember when we saw the small pet store owner than had a shop next to Stater Bros. walking up the street to get his fix.

It wasn't a ghetto by any means since it was pretty safe during the day, but it was a mild, suburban equivalent I think.

• Like 1

I delivered pizza for about a year during high school. It was remarkable to me how many folks considered it perfectly normal to accept and pay for their pizza in the nude.

"no thanks... no tip desired"

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 6

Funny story, I play World of Warcraft and one of the super super nerdy guys I play with was once a Pizza Delivery boy. At the time of this job he was very very awkward, skinny and had never even been on a date with a girl. Every week he would deliver a Pizza to an older women who always wanted him to come inside to share a slice. One day, when he got to the door, she answered without a top or bra on!!! My friend was so shocked he just handed her the Pizza and ran off without getting the money!!!

• Like 8

I delivered pizza for about a year during high school. It was remarkable to me how many folks considered it perfectly normal to accept and pay for their pizza in the nude.

"no thanks... no tip desired"

Your joking right?

I didn't deliver Pizza but I delivered Chinese on Christmas and New Years in the mid 80's.

Those days I got $100 dollars for my wages, $100 dollars car rental, and between $200 to $300 in tips.

Crappy thing was it was only two days a year. :(

Your joking right?

Nope.

Not sure what it is about pizza delivery guys...

It was downright common to be invited into the parties for a shot, or a hit off the bong. On a couple of occasions there were blunt offers for sex. A couple times I did head back to a party after my shift ended, never did take anyone up on the anonymous sex though...

There was at least back then, in the late 80's, an almost invisible quality to being a pizza delivery guy. Baseball cap and matching tshirt and a pizza box in hand and you could walk into nearly any building without a second glance by the front desk, or security.

• Like 1

Nope.

Not sure what it is about pizza delivery guys...

It was downright common to be invited into the parties for a shot, or a hit off the bong. On a couple of occasions there were blunt offers for sex. A couple times I did head back to a party after my shift ended, never did take anyone up on the anonymous sex though...

There was at least back then, in the late 80's, an almost invisible quality to being a pizza delivery guy. Baseball cap and matching tshirt and a pizza box in hand and you could walk into nearly any building without a second glance by the front desk, or security.

Everyone loves a man in uniform (with a pizza box).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

But no one has any creepy weird stories eh?

Well, I do...

My boys were coming over for Halloween just last year (October 31st 2015), and we decided to watch a scary horror movie and order a pizza. About a half hour after we called, we heard some knocking on the door. I looked out the blinds just in case it was the pizza guy, but there was strangely no car outside.

"Who is it?" One of them asked. "The pizza guy?"

I shrugged and sat back down, "I don't know... Doesn't the pizza guy usually have a car?"

The thing was: Yes, they usually would have a car. Suddenly, whoever it was starting pounding on the door; and they wouldn't stop. It sounded like: POUND, POUND, POUND, POUND.... And they wouldn't stop. I got up to go look, accompanied with two of the boys in back of me.

By the door, there was a guy. He was fairly large and standing there dressed up. He had a white mask on, which could scare the heck out of someone! He was holding a pizza box. We figured maybe he parked somewhere we couldn't see, and that maybe he's just in the Halloween spirit or something!

I opened the door up. I grabbed the money out of my pocket as I reached out for the pizza. The guy didn't budge. He just stood there; staring inside of the house.

Suddenly, he said, "Looks like you, Tom and the rest are havin' some fun, huh?"

That made my heart drop. Not because of the way his voice sounded; but because he knew my friend's name was Tom.

My mouth dropped open as I murmured. "What...?"

He dropped the empty pizza box, and hit the door open, injuring my finger. He actually almost got in, since he hurt my finger, but one of my boys glided to the door from the living room, and punched it closed. The guy fell over. As he fell over, a shiny sharp thing fell to the ground. It was a butcher's knife; as sharp as ever.

We hurried to the phone to call the cops. When the cops arrived, the guy had disappeared. There was nothing the cops could do; since he was gone.

It still haunts us to this day...how the man knew my friend's name and how he knew we were ordering pizza... There are quite some weirdos out there...

• Like 8

Well, I do...

My boys were coming over for Halloween just last year (October 31st 2015), and we decided to watch a scary horror movie and order a pizza. About a half hour after we called, we heard some knocking on the door. I looked out the blinds just in case it was the pizza guy, but there was strangely no car outside.

"Who is it?" One of them asked. "The pizza guy?"

I shrugged and sat back down, "I don't know... Doesn't the pizza guy usually have a car?"

The thing was: Yes, they usually would have a car. Suddenly, whoever it was starting pounding on the door; and they wouldn't stop. It sounded like: POUND, POUND, POUND, POUND.... And they wouldn't stop. I got up to go look, accompanied with two of the boys in back of me.

By the door, there was a guy. He was fairly large and standing there dressed up. He had a white mask on, which could scare the heck out of someone! He was holding a pizza box. We figured maybe he parked somewhere we couldn't see, and that maybe he's just in the Halloween spirit or something!

I opened the door up. I grabbed the money out of my pocket as I reached out for the pizza. The guy didn't budge. He just stood there; staring inside of the house.

Suddenly, he said, "Looks like you, Tom and the rest are havin' some fun, huh?"

That made my heart drop. Not because of the way his voice sounded; but because he knew my friend's name was Tom.

My mouth dropped open as I murmured. "What...?"

He dropped the empty pizza box, and hit the door open, injuring my finger. He actually almost got in, since he hurt my finger, but one of my boys glided to the door from the living room, and punched it closed. The guy fell over. As he fell over, a shiny sharp thing fell to the ground. It was a butcher's knife; as sharp as ever.

We hurried to the phone to call the cops. When the cops arrived, the guy had disappeared. There was nothing the cops could do; since he was gone.

It still haunts us to this day...how the man knew my friend's name and how he knew we were ordering pizza... There are quite some weirdos out there...

That is scary

That is scary

Yes, it was. We still remember that guy's crooked smile... And how creepy it was when he knew one of my friend's name...and that we were expecting pizza...

Edited by Vessel
  • Like 1

Yes, it was. We still remember that guy's crooked smile... And how creepy it was when he knew one of my friend's name...and that we were expecting pizza...

That's a very terrifying experience, if it did really happen?. Did actual pizza get delivered that night?

• Like 1

Scariest thing back when I delivered pizzas. Driving up the mountain for a delivery and decide since this place is pretty far back in the valley Ive got time to burn one. Roll up to this mcmansion in the woods like im snoop dog my little GMC sonoma hotboxed to the point that when I opened the door a HUGE plume of smoke was released. Rather pleased with myself i grab the food and hop out just in time to see my customer on the front porch, his eyes following the cloud of smoke into the air, in his police uniform.

It was alaska and pots been decriminalized there forever but still scared the hell outta me. Dude didnt seem to care, paid in exact change though....dick HAHA 15 years ago and I remember getting stiffed on that tip.

• Like 4

I have heard of Pizza Delivery stories, but none were what you would call "horror stories".

Roll up to this mcmansion in the woods like im snoop dog my little GMC sonoma hotboxed to the point that when I opened the door a HUGE plume of smoke was released.

What does mcmansion, GMC sonoma, and hotboxed mean?

What does mcmansion, GMC sonoma, and hotboxed mean?

A McMansion is an assembly line house with a good or decent amount of living space. GMC Sonoma is a vehicle and hotboxing is filling an enclosed space with enough weed smoke and THC to feed to the poor and starving siberian children for a little while.

• Like 5

There has been these online challenges some are doing. Some are weird, like one guy did a trust fall on the pizza guy. The other challenges were answer the door naked, tip them with monopoly money etc.

Then there are pranks

Edited by Brian Topp

A McMansion is an assembly line house with a good or decent amount of living space. GMC Sonoma is a vehicle and hotboxing is filling an enclosed space with enough weed smoke and THC to feed to the poor and starving siberian children for a little while.

I appreciated the explanation, Skulduggery.

I'm not sure why Farmer77 couldn't explain. the meaning. :hmm:

Edited by Hudds

I appreciated the explanation, Skulduggery.

I'm not sure why Farmer77 couldn't explain, the meaning. :hmm:

By the time I saw the question Skulduggery had already answered you. No offense intended. I would add that mcmansions are a horrific blight on the american landscape. Comically most of the ones I have been in have been sparsely furnished as the owners are spending all their resources to pay for square footage they really dont need.

• Like 1

A small town pizza place had lots of trouble finding our home in the 1980's when I was a kid. They would call the home more than once asking for more directions. We were living in the suburbs, not in the woods. The cold pizza would arrive 2 1/2 hours later. They did this several times. We had to put up with it because they were the only place that would deliver pizza to us. But nothing more scary than mediocre cold pizza.

Edited by little_dreamer

• 1 month later...

i heard of this pizza guy who delivered and then out of nowhere the zombie apocalypse happened! I believe his name is Glenn and he then eventually went into a group. (obviously not referring to the walking dead.)

• Like 2

The only weird thing that has really happened to me while I ordered pizza:

One night I was home alone and decided to order pasta from Pizza Hut instead of cooking. I ordered online and waited for it. I went out to the living room and there are these two big windows that overlook the front yard and driveway. Standing right in the middle of the front yard was the pizza delivery boy, just staring off into the distance. I had no idea what he was doing since there wasn't anything in the direction he was looking I'm. I stared at him for a few seconds wondering what he was doing but he just kept on staring off. Eventually, I went out the front door and shouted to get his attention. He immediately jumped and bolted over to the door to give me my food. He said nothing about it and I wasn't sure what to say, so I just got my food, paid, and went back into the house.

Not paranormal, but pretty creepy. I still don't know what he was doing, haha.

• Like 2