Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostly monk filmed at old abandoned church

UM-Bot

Two paranormal investigators recorded a strange figure during a visit to a church in Clophill, England.

48-year-old Dean Johnson and his partner Charlie had traveled to the ruins of Old St Mary's Church earlier this month in the hope of capturing something paranormal on camera.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...bandoned-church

Well, if that's NOT a person walking there, then this is very interesting.

• Like 3

When it's going in regular time then you can't even see the figure, it's only when it's slowed down you see. I don't understand how anyone could have seen that!

Huh. I can readily see what is being referred to, and it certainly "looks" like a moving hooded figure, but it doesn't actually "prove" anything supernatural to me.

I find it strange that Dean Johnson claimed he didn't see anything while recording, until he played back the video. Yet upon observing the video, Dean seemed to have waited for the hooded figure to either hover or walk past left side from view and then he also decided to move away. I am doubting, the claim and video to be anything of the paranormal.

I see something, but I do not think it is of otherworldy origins. Looks to me like a large panel or drape that was moved across the arch.

I see something, but I do not think it is of otherworldy origins. Looks to me like a large panel or drape that was moved across the arch.

It was meant to be a hooded monk, they used to wear hooded robes like that in the olden days. :)

While I believe in ghosts I don't believe his accounts. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a setup with someone dressed as a monk walking by the archway

It was meant to be a hooded monk, they used to wear hooded robes like that in the olden days. :)

I'm sorry, but I don't see it. :(

Yes, but moved by who. Basically, either there is someone in the church or there isn't. If there is then mystery solved. The problem with the video is we only have his word for the fact that no one was in the church. :/

Yes, but moved by who. Basically, either there is someone in the church or there isn't. If there is then mystery solved. The problem with the video is we only have his word for the fact that no one was in the church. :/

I agree. I had my doubts of it being anything of the paranormal, since I watched the video.

Read my other post comment, as I explained why.

Well I see someone dressed as what looks to be a benedictine monk or someone belonging maybe to another order. It's possible since the place was used for occult purposes that this is a real human being and a cult member.I'm not british and I have no clue as to what Catholic diocese Clophill is in nor what roman catholic monasteries are around.The angelican church also has religious orders for men and women as well which many americans don't know.Could be a human monk maybe. The one thing I like is the video was shot in daylight .ghosts don't just show up at night. It appears they are approaching the church so it is possible someone was there already in the church.

They would need to visit the church at different times of the day or maybe set up some sort of camera which will catch images and yet not been seen by any snoopers.

If they could keep a camera there for a few daysthey might get this monk again or other figures.That might be a way to prove whether this was real or fake.

• 4 months later...
25 minutes ago, oneshot_me said:

Thinking of leaving this forum Everyone of the last 3 articles they have the video deleted :(

Maybe the video has been bebunked that the person who made it has had it removed from youtube.to save any extra embarrassment. 

Anyway, welcome. Great site here, no need to jump ship just yet...lots of videos on here which are worth seeing. 

Edited by freetoroam