Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lucifer TV Show

Lilly

This TV show is based on a comic (Marvel I think/correction DC) and IMO it's pretty funny.

See here: https://en.wikipedia...ifer_(TV_series)

Tom Ellis is hilarious as Lucifer Morningstar, Satan turned nightclub owner. His former Fallen Angel pals and Demon employees want him to come back to Hell (things are, well, 'going to hell in hell' without their boss). Lucifer meets a beautiful female LA Detective that he can't seem to corrupt. Heck, she's beginning to influence him! Yep, The Devil is having second thoughts about being evil (and the result has even sent him to a psychologist).

Now, here's the thing that amazes me...some people are taking this seriously (I'm not kidding). Religious folks are protesting and people are claiming to be 'offended' by a TV show that's obviously just a lark. Also, in the show Lucifer is being rather reformed by his experiences and is actually seeking justice. Sure, this isn't (not even remotely) correct according to the Bible...but it's a TV show based on a comic for goodness (or evilness) sake!

Edited by Lilly
correction
  • Like 6

I've been watching Lucifer. I like it :D I'm not all caught up but I've watched the first 3 or 4 shows so far. I'll keep watching for sure. Is funny!!

• Like 5

It's a good show. Take it for what it is.

• Like 2

I love the show, have watched all the episodes from the beginning. I hope they don't take all his powers away from him. Maze, think that is her name, had to protect him and that shouldn't happen.

Loved it when it scared that street preacher scamming people and the girl that was bullying another little girl.

• Like 1

I watched it.

It's pretty fun, though it is nothing at all like the comic except for some names.

Comic was by Vertigo, the DC imprint by the way. DCs TV work has been pretty succesful.

Only issue I had was when cop lady said she wasn't an atheist due to believing in right and wrong. Tvtropes put that under critical research failure.

I don't know if they plan on eventually adapting in the plot of thee comic or just do their own thing. Either way like I said, it's fun.

• Like 1

I've seen the first few episodes. It is fun, but like many TV shows too formulatic. Just like shows like Sleepy Hollow etc, the "hero" always teams up with a cop, there is friction between them, grows to a mutual respect etc etc. Just seems too much like other shows I've seen.

This TV show is based on a comic (Marvel I think/correction DC) and IMO it's pretty funny.

Tom Ellis is hilarious as Lucifer Morningstar, Satan turned nightclub owner. His former Fallen Angel pals and Demon employees want him to come back to Hell (things are, well, 'going to hell in hell' without their boss). Lucifer meets a beautiful female LA Detective that he can't seem to corrupt. Heck, she's beginning to influence him! Yep, The Devil is having second thoughts about being evil (and the result has even sent him to a psychologist).

Now, here's the thing that amazes me...some people are taking this seriously (I'm not kidding). Religious folks are protesting and people are claiming to be 'offended' by a TV show that's obviously just a lark. Also, in the show Lucifer is being rather reformed by his experiences and is actually seeking justice. Sure, this isn't (not even remotely) correct according to the Bible...but it's a TV show based on a comic for goodness (or evilness) sake!

Yes they are. Its soo funny. People I know who I talk about a few different less then Christian shows refuse to watch it. I was asked what I thought about it. I only saw the first show, but it was clear they were making another detective show with a twist. I don't really like detective shows, so I expressed that. Otherwise I said it was kinda funny, and original. They were looking at me like I sold my soul. Just another eye rolling moment between me and my Christian friends.

• Like 2

Great Show ! THe Fun part Is reading all the Commits about it !

"The Devil made me do it " :devil:

• Like 1

I've been watching. It's a fun show.

People who have their panties in a wad over it probably do so because they don't actually know what their religious texts really say. The passage most people attribute to a fallen angel is actually discussing a Babylonian king. Most of what people think comes from the bible about Satan and Lucifer is really from Milton. The term Lucifer did mean shining one/light bearer, and it was often applied to kings...even to Jesus.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

There have been plenty of movies where The Devil is on Earth messing with folks and nobody called for the movie to be removed. However, with this TV show a bunch of people have done just that. Seems rather odd IMO.

• Like 1

Not the same thing but same mentality...

Just read an article someone wrote to a Christian audience on why her adult Coloring book was inviting Satan into her home because the mandalas in it were spiritual symbols and colouring them was intended to be meditative (and if you're from the crew I grew up under, meditation is bad cuz you're emptying your mind and the demons can get in. No amount of Raid will expel them!!!)

And the comments. Like there are about 1000 housewives on that page alone now repenting for their use of adult Coloring books...

Even when I believed the religion I grew up in I thought this sort of thinking was absurd/excessively paranoid, but now it just makes me mad/grossed out. Dunno why.

Everything is danger! God controls everything, he can tell the wind and the waves to chill out, or give prophecies to the nations, or save you from hellfire, but he wont protect you from demons if you colour the wrong page in a book!!!! Watch out!!

Oh. And don't watch Lucifer!!!!

Edited by Daffy123
  • Like 3

10 or so years ago I would have boycotted the network for airing a show like that. I would have been up in arms and convinced it was a sign that America was doomed, hell I probably would have been praying that god just took us all out. Thats the religious right.

Ten years ago I would have been writing angry posts online about how they totally ruined the character and the show is nothing like the comic, and they changed it now it sucks.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On Wednesday, March 02, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Lilly said:

There have been plenty of movies where The Devil is on Earth messing with folks and nobody called for the movie to be removed. However, with this TV show a bunch of people have done just that. Seems rather odd IMO.

I just watched the first season on Crave.  What stuck out to me was in a session with Dr Linda.  She told Lucifer his father had given him a job because he trusted him.  They didn't really touch on the rebelling thing that other productions had.  I always thought it was arrogant that God supposedly chose humans above all his other creations, especially his angels.  That being the reason Lucifer rebelled against his father seemed like it was pulled out of the air just to justify the favourite son being cast out of heaven. 

I think this show is showing the whole devil idea in a different light and that scares people. How many times does Lucifer say it is about justice?  He says he doesn't make people do things, he punishes them for their nasty deeds.  It makes people realize that everyone has a seed of evil or badness in them and if they let it out, it is their doing, they can't say "the devil made me do it"

• Like 1

Lucifer just had to make a negative comment about Trump so I stopped watching it.  Personally I though the show was going downhill anyway. 

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/11/15/fox-drama-lucifer-donald-trump-definitely-going-hell/

• Like 1

Hollywood is almost all progressive liberals (no surprise there). The show has become far more a soap opera with the characters more along the lines of Olympian Greek Gods (mother/father and sibling rivalry). I enjoyed the first season...but not so much now. I suspect this show is finished after this season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lilly said:

Hollywood is almost all progressive liberals (no surprise there). The show has become far more a soap opera with the characters more along the lines of Olympian Greek Gods (mother/father and sibling rivalry). I enjoyed the first season...but not so much now. I suspect this show is finished after this season.

Its what Sells Lilly ! Its a Good to the Eyes and ears also . Its just T.V at the end of the Night .

Lucifer kneels down for a prayer, God doesn't answer. Lucifer complains to the nearest human "hmm, that usually works, he must have nipped off for a ****". 

That right there is the sort of blasphemy that'd kill some folks. 

The actor who plays Lucifer's deliver is hilarious.

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Lucifer kneels down for a prayer, God doesn't answer. Lucifer complains to the nearest human "hmm, that usually works, he must have nipped off for a ****". 

That right there is the sort of blasphemy that'd kill some folks. 

The actor who plays Lucifer's deliver is hilarious.

Tom Ellis is great as Lucifer.  There have been many attempts for him to be leading his own show.  I hope this one actually works for him.

• Like 1