Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Village in India is dominated by weird names

UM-Bot

A peculiar naming ritual has produced a plethora of unusual monikers including Google and Coffee.

The village, which can be found in India's Karnataka region, is home to the Hakki Pikki tribal community who have taken to naming their children after random objects, people or places.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-by-weird-names

• Like 2

"Various Acts, including the Forest Act, have restricted their entry into forests. They are struggling and losing their cultural practices" ... this story went from being cute to a little sad for me ... :(

• Like 4

"Various Acts, including the Forest Act, have restricted their entry into forests. They are struggling and losing their cultural practices" ... this story went from being cute to a little sad for me ... :(

Same here. That made it really sad ...

• Like 2

It's always sad whenever tribes lose their homes and cultures.

• Like 2

Sounds the names are a lot like inner-city names here in America. Once had a basketball player named Scientific Map.

• Like 1

Would like to visit India but am always tight on budget. My god I just love dirt streets! N riding around in a motorcycle..

Edited by TheGreatBeliever