Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explain your name (Part Three)

Clarakore

skul·dug·ger·y

noun

underhanded or unscrupulous behavior; trickery.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 1

I've named myself after the "The Black Monk of Pontefract", a poltergeist which is said to have occurred in the home of Joe and Jean Pritchard at 30 East Drive, Chequerfield Estate, in Pontefract, West Yorkshire in 1974.

This particular activity is often noted by ghost researchers as unusual because of the physical apparition of a hooded figure that accompanied the otherwise typical disruptive behaviours of the supernatural entity. It is regarded as the most violent poltergeist haunting in Europe.

The 2012 British horror When the Lights Went Out is based on it.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

May name is Robert and I am awesome. Not awesome as in great or exciting more like how a train wreck is awesome in that you can't do anything but gaze upon it and despair

• Like 2

"Hinton" is my last name, and "Austin" is my first name. :)

• Like 2

When I first came down with MS I began growing pot and found I have quite the green thumb. Turned it into a living for a short while , dont anymore because of a change in laws but once its legalized in my area I will certainly begin again.

• Like 1

whoa.

I know, my name has such deep meaning.

• Like 2

I've used shadowlark since highschool. Came up with it when I was setting up a hotmail account 16 or 17 years ago. Was originally thinking meadowlark, but I was going through a bad bout of depression at the time and it seemed too happy, so came up with shadowlark. Shadow cause that's how I feel when the depression takes over, and lark to represent the carefree person I want to be.

• Like 2

I always prefer travelling alone. And when I do so, I have a little notebook in my hand wherein I scribble or sketch whatever I see or hear. I'm an introvert irl and I keep to myself, and since I usually travel without a purpose aka wander... Wordless Wanderer was an apt name. Plus, I got some neat alliteration going on. :P

• Like 3

I can't remember why I chose that name, which is a bit of a worry !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My username came from an RPG character I made in one of my campaigns. the name means "enlightened person" but I chose the name because he was one of my favorite original characters.

• Like 1

Ravens are photogenic in profile pictures and I am particularly fond of the word ''harp''. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Nameless One has no name. lol

It actually has a few meanings, and reasons to why I decided upon this idea. 

1.  The name comes from a Magic the Gathering card called The Nameless One

2. Odysseus, when confronted by the Cyclops was asked to give his name, Odysseus replied to the Cyclops, I'm No-Man.

3. One without a name, as to say my name is whatever you wish to call me, or how you interpret me.

4. It's simply a good mystery, so you could interpret that I am (The Mysterious One)

Edited by The Nameless One
  • Like 1

i am an overdueleaf... a bud waiting for the right time and right conditions to blossom into a leaf....hence i am overdue.

not really.. it was just a screenname that was created for me by xbox years and years ago

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/21/2016 at 1:57 PM, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

what does it mean though?

Dude, where's my car? And then and then and then....

English is my primary tongue and I speak and spell in it better than Spanish. Although at times my posts are not written in English but another tongue altogether as you have fairly deduced. markdohle also asked about this in my blog post entitled COLLECTIVE knowledge: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=3620&showentry=29104#commentsStart

It means this is me and I dont have to hide behind the fake person I was. When I was addicted I wasn't the person I was destined to be. Anyone who lives addicted to any substance living as a decaying shell . This avatar is me I am smiling I am happy and I love life. I am free from the decaying shell that was chained down. If you can't understand then I cant and I wont take the time to draw you a picture.

Edited by Darkenpath25
word corection

10 minutes ago, Darkenpath25 said:

It means this is me and I dont have to hide behind the fake person I was. When I was addicted I wasn't the person I was destined to be. Anyone who lives addicted to any substance living as a decaying shell . This avatar is me I am smiling I am happy and I love life. I am free from the decaying shell that was chained down. If you can't understand then I cant and I wont take the time to draw you a picture.

I was asking Wickian what his name really means but glad you answered. I read your first post and found it real and now this one so I am glad you have broken the cycle of addiction and can smile. I know the struggle.

And lol I thought your pic was of Milo. Glad to see you smiling mate.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

1 minute ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

I was asking Wickian what his name really means but glad you answered. Read your first post and now this one and am glad you have broken the cycle of addiction. I know the struggle.

And lol I thought your pic was of Milo. Glad to see you smiling mate.

Then I apologize for my sarcasm . I don't know who Milo is. Yes it was hard but worth what I went through to get here. I am glad it was a struggle now I know even though I will always be an addict I wont react on my cravings. I can't understand why some people go back to an addiction that ends up ruining their lives and cheats them out of what life really feels like free of the chains that bounds you down. Always smile mate always 

• Like 1

It's from Angel Beats, which is my favourite anime. I'll see if I can find the clip later 

Guest MamaMia1981

Mine has nothing to do with the musical, as most people assume.

It's because my mother is an Aeolian Islander, and we're so Sicilian it hurts.

1981 is when I came to this planet.

Profound, no?

In middel school and like freshman year of highschool I played this MMO on the computer called runescape. Spartan max2 was my username. Basically my first username on the internet ever.

At the time the name was created because my older brother was obsessed with the Spartans and my dog was named max

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

In middel school and like freshman year of highschool I played this MMO on the computer called runescape. Spartan max2 was my username. Basically my first username on the internet ever.

At the time the name was created because my older brother was obsessed with the Spartans and my dog was named max

I still play Runescape :lol:

• Like 1