Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explain your name (Part Three)

Clarakore

So for me it is as simple as Jesus saves but Jessica spends and if She could have sent her daughter she would have and did for within was Shekinah.

Thirdly a mockery of the Piscean era which is alway an honoring in disguise.

• Like 1

I'm a guy from a small town called 'Likely'.

Not very imaginative, I know.

• Like 3

Xeno

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/xeno-

Fish

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fish?s=t

Depending on the context it can mean Alien Fish or a Strange Person. Even Strange Element. As in being a fish out of water. This isn't my original screen name I had chosen, but because I wanted a change of pace I decided to become XenoFish.

• Like 2

sea turtles are nice

snakes are nice

horses are terrifying.

• Like 4

Wickian is part of the nickname I've had since I was a kid.

• Like 2

I'm a guy from a small town called 'Likely'.

Not very imaginative, I know.

A likely story...

• Like 6

This is not my original screen name I had chosen but I felt it was time for a change so I chose this one. I chose it because I'm an early bird. I'm used to waking/getting up early in the morning since I can remember.

• Like 3

Formerly, I was QuasiBeliever. After realizing my choice for a screen name was borderline retarded, I changed it to NYH.

For those that don't understand the reference, the phrase "I'm your huckleberry " basically means, "I'm your guy", so to speak.

Since I'm no one's "guy" but my own, I came up with this moniker. I despise political correctness, the status quo and the establishment. At the same time, I'm here to enjoy myself and politely debate said values.

Happy to be here.

• Like 3

I was creating a character for Everquest, a Shadowknight. I was looking for an evil sounding name and though of Vlad the Impaler. The game wouldn't let me select it, so I started tweaking it to get through the name filter. At the time, Vlade Divacs was playing on the Sacramento Kings, the filter wouldn't take Vlade ether ,so I made it Vlawde (pronounced like Divacs name, Vlaw-dee) and it accepted it. Been using the name since

Edited by Vlawde
  • Like 3

Jessica, I mean no offense by asking, but am I correct that English is not your native language? I ask because of the unusual wording in your posts.

Edited by Vlawde
  • Like 1

My name is a high performance engine sold by Chevrolet. I installed one in a 67 Camaro convertible in 1998 and have used the name since then.

11-800x636.jpg

• Like 5

Gram is a twist on my last name and the tc part are both my hubby's and my initials.

• Like 5

My name is from the movie "The Dream Team" In which some patients from a mental home get lost in the city. (One who believes he is Jesus) and end up getting mixed up with a murder. At one point a conversation between the DR and Jack (the guy who thinks he is Jesus) happens.

It goes

Dr. Verboven: Jack, Jesus Christ would never point a gun at another human being.

Jack McDermott: Stay out of my psychosis! Now get your ass in that van.

I loved the part "Stay out of my psychosis" and just shortened it a bit.

• Like 2

I liked how it sounded.

Yep, I agree. It's a poser when you think about it, and can seem kind of melancholy but it's cool.
  • Like 1

Mine is a character from an old game I played as a kid. The full title is Khan Podo, which was my original name on here until I shortened it to just Podo.

The game was Mage Knight, it was a tabletop miniatures game. A wargame, similar in theme to things like Warhammer or Hordes. The faction I always liked the best were the Orc Khans, who were united into three large tribes governed by a Great Khan. There were minor khans as well, and Podo was the first goblin to ever be elevated to the rank of Khan.

Here is the mini:

123923.jpg

• Like 2

Zalmoxis was an Eastern-European myth, a man turned god. A medieval statue of Zalmoxis gives him a very Polish appearance. My theory is that Zalmoxis was a Polish man of superior intelligence who traveled south where he became a god-like figure. Perhaps not, but I like to wonder about that. I like this name for the way it looks and sounds, not for the back-story.

Edited by Zalmoxis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Darkenpath25

I am 25 years old and I have survived and conquered drug addiction . I am 4 years clean

• Like 9

Wickian is part of the nickname I've had since I was a kid.

what does it mean though?

My adopted daughter did not speak English when she came home with us at six. As she was learning she would ask questions and when we answered she'd always listen carefully and then expect something more :) An den? she'd say.... so I'm "and then"

Dude, where's my car? And then and then and then....

Jessica, I mean no offense by asking, but am I correct that English is not your native language? I ask because of the unusual wording in your posts.

English is my primary tongue and I speak and spell in it better than Spanish. Although at times my posts are not written in English but another tongue altogether as you have fairly deduced. markdohle also asked about this in my blog post entitled COLLECTIVE knowledge: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=3620&showentry=29104#commentsStart

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

Avatar means descending from Sanskrit.

Samantha in Sinhalese is another name for the deity Saman. He is the rising morning sun.

Ai in Mandarin means love.

• Like 1

Well... I'm from Galicia. Our word for Galician is Galego. So there it is. I feel kind of stupid explaining this :yes: .

• Like 2

A guitar playing buddy of mine once told me that if he were to form a hair metal band he would name it "Rattpoison" after the band Ratt and the band Poison, and the stuff that kill pesky rodents. As a fan of the genre I felt that would be a good moniker.

Very interesting topic.

Many have wondered, few have asked.

• Like 2

Song by Alice Cooper.

• Like 4