Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Google takes photos of secret base 'Area 6'

UM-Bot

Move over Area 51 - the United States now has another, even more secretive base in the Nevada desert.

Situated on the Yucca flat, the base, which is run by the National Nuclear Security Administration, is so secretive that hardly anyone knew it existed - not even defense industry experts.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/292378/google-takes-photos-of-secret-base-area-6

If its secretive then why is it on wikipedia? The test sites have been known for years

Nothing to see here, it's just a secret emergency landing ground for Donald Trump's ego.

Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube
  • Like 4

If Area 6 is for testing aircraft (like Area 51 is suppose to be used for as well) what is Area 51 used for?

Ok I think my conspiracy side is showing.

If Area 6 is for testing aircraft (like Area 51 is suppose to be used for as well) what is Area 51 used for?

This base has fairly short runways, too short too safely handle tactical aircraft emergencies so I am guessing drones fly in and out of there. Area 51 has some seriously long runways that can handle anything.

The article states: "According to imagery analyst Tim Brown, the layout of the base suggests that it has been used to test remotely piloted aircraft such as the Predator and Reaper reconnaissance drones."

So just UAVs here, not piloted aircraft.

Looks like a drone testing facility to me. Nothing super secret, obviously.

I never heard of Area 6 before but of course I'm not in the habit of gathering information about secret bases either. I kinda thought that Area 51 was a smoke-screen for a real secret base since the 1960s. Now that 'Area 6' is public information you can't really call it secret, can you?

For making up alien stories.
  • Like 1

Intresting another top sercet base, sometbing ia goong on

smilie_trink_132.gif

That's a huge runway.

5000 feet (as it says in the DM story) isn't particularly long. London Heathrow, for example, has runways that are 12.000 feet long.
  • Like 1

That's a huge runway.

It's actually quite a small runway, too short for most tactical military aircraft.

• Like 3

Yeah, likely just a military UAV test/proving facility.

After all, "classical" ET-UFO's don't need a runway.

Yeah, likely just a military UAV test/proving facility.

After all, "classical" ET-UFO's don't need a runway.

Except in the old days..

Nazca Lines

i suppose that shows the progress of technological development. They don't need them now thanks to the development of antigravity technology.

Warning... get prepared for gettin' your mind blown.

Area 51 indicates there are at least 50 other older areas we don't know a whole lot about, and imagine how many areas we now must have in 2016.

Area 51 indicates there are at least 50 other older areas we don't know a whole lot about, and imagine how many areas we now must have in 2016.

yes, I think they were originally just areas marked out on maps of the desert, it doesn't necessarily mean that there were 50 different secret establishments there. A lot of them were just empty areas of land within the Nellis Ranges. It just so happened that they decided that the dry lake at Groom Lake was a good spot, and that happened to be in Area 51 on the map. Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube

Appropriate moniker is appropriate.

Another "secret" base known to the whole world!

It reminds me of this.....

1031531187_c1ae77030e.jpg

(I've posted it before, but it's still funny)

• Like 3

Another "secret" base known to the whole world!

It reminds me of this.....

1031531187_c1ae77030e.jpg

(I've posted it before, but it's still funny)

I wish we could Ship most of Our Congress here ! And Radiate the Heck outta them ! :gun:

• Like 1

I wish we could Ship most of Our Congress here ! And Radiate the Heck outta them ! :gun:

Take ours with you...to the secret facility... :passifier:

Nothing to see here, it's just a secret emergency landing ground for Donald Trump's ego.

Ha! I find myself thinking of the cloud of smug in South Park.