Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Scott Peterson innocent ?

Booth

On 14/09/2017 at 4:54 PM, regi said:

To me, it's only logical that Peterson checked his own e-mail- btw, there may actually been an e-mail sent from Peterson to some guy about a golf bag- but just the fact that Peterson's e-mail was accessed tells me that it was Peterson who used that laptop computer between 8:40 and 8:45.

Now, as for those other searches, I think we could only guess as to why he made those.

Per Wall's trial testimony, Laci had her own e-mail.

Still ignoring the fact they had a SHARED email account, as do many couples. No way whatsoever to know for certain which of the two email account holders were viewing the inbox at that time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

If Peterson had a Cochran, or a Shapiro, as his lawyer, then getting it reversed would be a given, but with Johnny Mall-lawyer as his lawyer, I don't think the case can be predetermined to be a home run.

I think you'd if read Vincent Bugliosi's book Outrage, it be abundantly clear to you that it wasn't so much that Simpsons' attorney's were so very good as much it was that the prosecutors were so very bad.

Edited by regi
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Comey2016 said:

You signed up here just to post on this thread, under the guise of being impartial, which you are clearly NOT. I smell somebody pretty invested in this case. Invested in guilt.

That poster didn't do any such thing! You've touted that you're "close to his family", so it's obvious to me that if anyone's "invested", it's you. 

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Matt Vinyl said:

Still ignoring the fact they had a SHARED email account, as do many couples. No way whatsoever to know for certain which of the two email account holders were viewing the inbox at that time.

Trial testimony from Wall was that there was no indication that Laci used Peterson's e-mail once she had her own.

Also, since it's a fact that Peterson used his e-mail account to correspond with a person associated with Amber Frey, I highly doubt Laci had access to that e-mail account.

• Like 1

For those wondering about the computer use at the Peterson home at 8:40-8:45 the morning of Dec. 24th. Here are two of the items viewed, a GAP fleece scarf and a sunflower motif umbrella stand.

7YBKwqt.jpg

Those who think Scott is guilty want you to believe that as Scott was preparing to load his wife's pregnant body into his truck, that he was hopping on the computer, checking HIS email, then viewing scarves, umbrella stands and weather in San Jose, because that's what you do during body dumping. Oh yeah, you watch Martha Stewart too. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

^ Trial testimony from Wall was that it couldn't be determined precisely how those items came up, just that they were "viewed", but regarding the search for weather in San Jose, that was a deliberate search because it was necessary to enter the zip code before that particular info. could be accessed.

12 minutes ago, regi said:

^ Trial testimony from Wall was that it couldn't be determined precisely how those items came up, just that they were "viewed", but regarding the search for weather in San Jose, that was a deliberate search because it was necessary to enter the zip code before that particular info. could be accessed.

Look it's a fact those items were viewed, and a  shopping site was accessed. 

GERAGOS: Sure. What else do you have?

WALL: Weather site from Yahoo!

GERAGOS: Weather site?

WALL: Yes.

GERAGOS: It shows specifically where?

WALL: No, it's, it's the start page to enter in the zip code.

GERAGOS: What's the zip code?

WALL: There's, there's no zip code entered on that page.

GERAGOS: Okay. What's the next thing you show?

WALL: There's a Yahooshopping site that was accessed where a digital weather station and a garden weather vane are listed.

GERAGOS: And a digital what? Weather vane?

WALL: That's correct.

GERAGOS: Does it show what kind of a digital weather vane that is?

WALL: I'm sorry, it says a, there's a digital weather station and a garden weather vane, and a list of prices.

BTW, Laci's brother Brent lived in San Jose back then. 

But if you want to believe that it's Scott Peterson doing this activity, while bagging up a dead pregnant body, then that's your choice. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, regi said:

Trial testimony from Wall was that there was no indication that Laci used Peterson's e-mail once she had her own.

Also, since it's a fact that Peterson used his e-mail account to correspond with a person associated with Amber Frey, I highly doubt Laci had access to that e-mail account.

You can't have it both ways to say Scott was the one on the computer making it look like Laci AND that he was the only one who would access that email. That makes zero sense. He wouldn't have gone on an email account that only he had access to if that was the case. 

Edited by vansj
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Comey2016 said:

Look it's a fact those items were viewed, and a  shopping site was accessed.

I read the testimony, I know what the facts are.

BTW, Laci's brother Brent lived in San Jose back then.

I don't know where Laci's brother lived, but I have no reason think Laci would have cared about the weather in San Jose.

But if you want to believe that it's Scott Peterson doing this activity, while bagging up a dead pregnant body, then that's your choice. 

To me, your apparent need to use sarcasm undermines your credibility.

22 minutes ago, vansj said:

You can't have it both ways to say Scott was the one on the computer making it look like Laci

I never said Peterson was on the computer to make it look like Laci!

AND that he was the only one who would access that email.

It was his e-mail account; Laci had her own and it was not accessed.

And why would either of them know San Jose's zip code by heart. 

All I can tell you is that the zip code was necessary to access that info.... so, obviously, it was a deliberate search.

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

Regi I'm not using sarcasm. If anyone is, you are. I meant what I said in all seriousness. If you want to believe a theory I consider ridiculous, that's your choice. What else can I say? We just don't see it the same way! 

I'm willing to concede that it was probably Scott using the computer that morning, but I don't think it's incriminating at all. Laci could very well have been sitting next to him and asked him to click on those items. This is what I would've argued had I been Geragos. But either way, even if we assume he was alone and checked the weather, looked at a couple of items his wife might like to have, and read an email, so what? Yes, it could prove Laci was still alive, but it doesn't really matter; Scott had no obligation to prove that she was alive that morning.

13 hours ago, Comey2016 said:

You signed up here just to post on this thread, under the guise of being impartial, which you are clearly NOT. I smell somebody pretty invested in this case. Invested in guilt.

But that's okay, you're doing a lot of good here too, lmao!

I've never posted anywhere under the guise of being impartial, I've thought he guilty since day one, the trial transcript simply validated that belief for me. I came here to see if the excuses for him are any more believable than they used to be AND to see if anyone could explain how the mountain of CE could possibly all stack up in this perfect storm to put a supposedly innocent man in prison for the last 12 years or so. Not much has changed, same old stuff, same old guarantees I heard during trial.

When you make a list of every piece of sketchiness from this goof from meeting Sibley until his arrest, all the lies, inconsistencies and misleading he did, the phone silence for 17 hours until he dumped the bodies and then the alibi phone calls on the way back, his eating pizza and starting laundry with the dog on her leash in the yard, Laci's car and purse still there, and her not answering calls all afternoon, THEN calling to look for her - there's just nothing reasonable about support for his innocence or that it wasn't proven. Anyone can try to poke holes in each piece, but when you tally them up and similarly poke holes in the burglary, the witnesses who never testified, Aponte and all this other tossing of spaghetti against the wall, it's obvious he did it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, regi said:

Likely clicking links saved by Laci to look like it was her.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vansj said:

You can't have it both ways to say Scott was the one on the computer making it look like Laci AND that he was the only one who would access that email. That makes zero sense. He wouldn't have gone on an email account that only he had access to if that was the case. 

Even harder to believe she's checking his e-mail and weather.

• Like 1

Why is Scott using email and Laci looking at Gap not mutually exclusive?

If I was planning, or had already, murdered my wife, I'd try to think of hundreds of ways to try to pin it on someone else, or make it look like she was alive before I left to try my boat.

That the items would have been of interest to Laci more then Scott is supposition. I'd not think a judge would allow that in a murder trial.

So Richele wanted to write a book from the start, pen pal with Peterson, walks into deliberations saying "He's guilty".  She was a publicity stunt trying to make a name for herself. 

Fat slob juror number 8 was a problem throughout. 

Basically the media ruined Scotts chances in getting a fair trial, that's obvious because the whole country knew about it. It makes a case for professional jurors 

I still haven't been told why the cops believed the burglary across the street happened on the 26th.   Why,  because the perps said it did. 

Why did the cops have a problem when Scott wouldn't sign the search warrant on the 26th? They searched anyway,  He already allowed a search w/o a warrant on the 24th.  They kept reporting he wasn't cooperative, but he in fact was.   I guess they must have been upset that they found nothing. 

The bleach story was total bs as well.  Just like linking Scott to other disappearences in the past, that was fake news. 

The dog failed its certification test. 

Was Scott really on his computer at the warehouse while Laci was in the boat? , btw, I have a 14 foot boat for duck hunting, hiding a 150lb woman is nearly impossible.   Throwing a 150lb person out of the boat wouldn't be that easy either, they aren't very stable. 

Amber Frey doesn't mean a lot to me because he didn't confess to killing Laci. Lying about Frey means nothing to me either, Clinton lied and got impeached for not admitting an affair, besides millions of married men cheat, they all don't kill their wives, so it shouldn't be a motive. 

I still believe he did it, even though the prosecution proved zilch,  but death penalty?.. , I'm not so sure. 

Has the original Foreman ever been heard from again?  Greg Jackson??   Or has he kept a low profile for fears of death threats like the first dismissed juror received. 

• Like 1

My brother in law has a duck boat about the same size. And people are right that hiding someone in it would be exceptionally hard.... Unless it had a cover over it, like my bro-in-law has. Then Laci would have been a slight bump under a tarp. I believe most people do put a tarp cover over their boat, since otherwise stuff they packed into the boat might fly out and get lost on the highway.

11 hours ago, Booth said:

I'm willing to concede that it was probably Scott using the computer that morning, but I don't think it's incriminating at all. Laci could very well have been sitting next to him and asked him to click on those items. This is what I would've argued had I been Geragos. But either way, even if we assume he was alone and checked the weather, looked at a couple of items his wife might like to have, and read an email, so what? Yes, it could prove Laci was still alive, but it doesn't really matter; Scott had no obligation to prove that she was alive that morning.

You're right in a perfect system Scott wouldn't have to prove a single thing, but then there is the reality of our system. 

Anyway, I wanted to make a point about the computer use that I think is important. Scott never told police at any point that he was on the home computer. Even the first night when Brocchini was grilling him about what he was doing every second of the day. I mean Brocchini wanted to know what was playing on Martha Stewart for crying out loud, I think he was even asked the brand of cereal he ate, so I think if Scott had been on the computer he would have included that when he was listing his every move. IIRC he did give the play by play on his computer use at the warehouse, that also included checking email.

Scott's defense has said that they only learned about the home computer use the morning of the 24th when Wall testified at trial. So, it looks like Scott was in the dark about it. If it was him, I think he would have told police or eventually his defense... because even if it wasn't Laci, and it was Scott, how does anyone reconcile him being on the computer at all when he has a body dump to deal with??

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

My brother in law has a duck boat about the same size. And people are right that hiding someone in it would be exceptionally hard.... Unless it had a cover over it, like my bro-in-law has. Then Laci would have been a slight bump under a tarp. I believe most people do put a tarp cover over their boat, since otherwise stuff they packed into the boat might fly out and get lost on the highway.

Here is a pic of Scott's boat cover:

PpQN79p.jpg

The previous owner of the boat testified the cover was meant for storage, not travel. The cover did not have hardware to attach it to the boat like you see with travel covers that have heavey duty snaps that attach on the boat itself all around the boat. This cover had cloth loops as you can see and there was nothing on the boat to attach them with so in storage a person would have to use rope or bungy cords if they wanted to actually wrap the cover onto the boat. This would not be suitable for driving down the freeway let alone for more than an hour. 

Here is a pic of the inside of Scott's boat:

PFcvwWh.jpg

Where is a big body bag with weights going to go in that boat? 

Also if you look the seats are attached, the fishing seat is also attached. Poles and other things that could fly out go on the floor and under that space in the metal seat. I live in a coastal area, I see boats like this on the road and on trailers on practically a daily basis. They are never covered, and you can see right in them if you pass one from a small SUV like the one I have. 

11 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Likely clicking links saved by Laci to look like it was her.

I could certainly lean toward that interpretation because my impression from Wall's trial testimony is that that Yahoo shopping site was accessed and that those particular items are what are what merely appeared on the page, in other words, that those items had been searched for before so that they were there on the page when the site was accessed the next time.

11 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Even harder to believe she's checking his e-mail and weather.

I've gone back over Wall's trial testimony and Det. Grogan's pre-trial testimony and found that Peterson did in fact send an e-mail from the laptop which was in reference to a golf bag he was trying to sell on e-bay, yet in his interview with Det. Grogan the afternoon of the 25th, Peterson said he'd sent that e-mail from his work computer.

Re: the weather, Peterson was concerned about the weather, right? If fact, the weather impacted his decisions that day, twice, right? First, it was too cold to play golf- and for some inexplicable reason, especially under the circumstances- he actually chuckled over the notion- and then later, didn't he say he quit fishing because it started to rain?...Anyway, needless to say, there would have been a reason he wanted to know the weather conditions in San Jose, I just don't know what it is.

Edited by regi

1 hour ago, Comey2016 said:

I live in a coastal area, I see boats like this on the road and on trailers on practically a daily basis. They are never covered, and you can see right in them if you pass one from a small SUV like the one I have. 

Which is why it doesn't make sense that he'd have taken the boat cover to the marina in the first place, let alone the fact that it was later found wadded up in a shed beneath a leaky lawn blower.

7 minutes ago, regi said:

Which is why it doesn't make sense that he'd have taken the boat cover to the marina in the first place, let alone the fact that it was later found wadded up in a shed beneath a leaky lawn blower.

Okay so I've explained why the cover couldn't and wasn't used for transport. How does the fact that he stuffed the tarp down by the tool box then become suspicious to you? Is your husband a neat freak or something? So what if Scott shoved the cover in the truck, he was out by the truck hooking up the boat, it was the quickest thing to do. You've seen pics of Scott's warehouse and how he organizes things-- a cluttered mess doesn't seem to bother him.

But since you normally reject everything I say, let me ask this-- even if you believe the cover was on all the way down the highways to the marina, eventually it had to come off, so when do you think he unveiled his body lugging boat? Before or after he parked the trailer? 

Even if you want to believe he had the body covered in the boat during transfer, that doesn't change any of the views of or in the boat when he launched and motored out of the marina. BTW those areas are no wake zones, you can not speed. It's a slow no wake speed. Plenty of time for people to see inside the boat. 

35 minutes ago, Comey2016 said:

How does the fact that he stuffed the tarp down by the tool box then become suspicious to you?

Because it was stuffed away where it isn't expected to be and that it was beneath something else, which- come to think about it- I'm not positive whether the lawn blower actually did leak. :huh:

47 minutes ago, Comey2016 said:

But since you normally reject everything I say, let me ask this-- even if you believe the cover was on all the way down the highways to the marina, eventually it had to come off, so when do you think he unveiled his body lugging boat? Before or after he parked the trailer?

To me, it wouldn't matter.

Even if you want to believe he had the body covered in the boat during transfer, that doesn't change any of the views of or in the boat when he launched and motored out of the marina. BTW those areas are no wake zones, you can not speed. It's a slow no wake speed. Plenty of time for people to see inside the boat. 

I honestly don't understand your point. What does it matter whether there was time for people to have seen inside the boat?

Okay so I've explained why the cover couldn't and wasn't used for transport. How does the fact that he stuffed the tarp down by the tool box then become suspicious to you? Is your husband a neat freak or something? So what if Scott shoved the cover in the truck, he was out by the truck hooking up the boat, it was the quickest thing to do. You've seen pics of Scott's warehouse and how he organizes things-- a cluttered mess doesn't seem to bother him.

For duck hunting, a cover would be nice because of plastic decoys, yes they had anchors but the cords were usually 7-8ft long.   

With having a truck like Scott did, anything light weight could have gone in the truck like life preservers and floating seats, fishing poles and coolers wouldn't blow out so they could stay in the boat. 

Really, why cover an aluminum anyway, they don't rust, they don't have a lot of items that rust, leave the boat plug out and when it rains, it drains.

From the Pics I've seen, the boat was a v bottom, while they are less bumpy when running than a John or flat bottom, they aren't stable at all while sitting. Getting Laci out of that boat anywhere in the bay was extremely difficult. 

I think her head was off before she went into the water, unless she was 4ft tall  there is no way to hide her body in that boat, and I mean 4ft, not 4'8".   

He drove threw the marina on his boat passed all those boats with her body in the boat, during the day no less?  No way.

Tons of boats at that marina were much larger and could of gone out at night. 

• The title was changed to Was Scott Peterson innocent ?
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked