Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saru

Microsoft Asks Colleges To Teach Hacking

4 posts in this topic

Here's an interesting article that talks about a new idea from Microsoft, encouraging Universities to teach their students how to hack, mainly for the purposes of identifying and fixing security flaws in software.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft is working with a number of universities in several countries to set up courses that teach students how to write secure code, the company said Friday. The University of Leeds in England is the first to announce such a course.

As part of an 11 week module that will start in January next year, third-year undergraduates at the University of Leeds will be asked to hack into software and fix any security bugs they find, Nick Efford, senior teaching fellow at the School of Computing, University of Leeds, said.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[ Full Article ]

ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif Hmmm so what are they are saying is that new version of windows has that many holes hackers can get thru

Hey where do I sign up.....?

Yea CW i will sign up for this class w/ you..lol... i think this is an interesting idea...but something will go wrong w/ this class, people will take this ability t0o far blink.gif

Most security flaws are found by those who use them or who want to use it but have to hack into it. I for one would like to take this class so I could rake in the money in fixing the problems that Microsoft can't seem to fix on it's own.