Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonic attack in South East Asia

sau_33

In December 2009 was on a holiday in Chaung Tha, Burma. Which is the name of the beach resort area about 9 hours drive from the capital of Yangon. We had taken a last minute coach bus to Chaung Tha and had not booked any accommodation in advance which was a bad idea. I was with my cousin and 3 other friends and when we arrived at the Chaung Tha beach strip we quickly realized that the place was full.

Hoping we could get a room in one of the upmarket hotels or at least a hotel like the Belle beach hotel which was one I had stayed in before, we got off the bus and started inquiring but every hotel we had asked had been booked. We then had no other choice but to start considering the more budget hotels which was on the far side of the beach and not ideal for where we wanted to stay.

We finally got to one hotel who said that they had 2 last rooms available, they were bungalow rooms overlooking the beach, about 25 metre’s from the beachfront and side by side. It wasn’t the best looking place but they were bungalow’s and though not modern looking, they looked clean and spacious, and we had no other choice so we took the rooms.

We had a long night of singing by the bonfire on the beach, letting off fireworks to celebrate the end of year, and drank along the beach. It was a great night as the water was calm and there was a nice breeze coming through Chaung Tha that night, where it’s normally quite humid. Everyone ended up dozing off at about midnight and I decided to stay on the beach by myself sitting on a large log just enjoying the crashing waves. Until I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, that’s when I turned around assuming it was my cousin or friend and didn’t see anyone or anything, I was literally the only person on the beach for 100 metres each side. There was a group of people in the far distance (on the other side of the beach where we wanted to stay, which was at least 100 metres away).

Shocked that I definitely felt something tap me, I immediately got up and started to walk back to the bungalow. I had an eerie sense of being followed by someone, feeling uneasy I changed my walk to a powerwalk, and then a jog. I got back to the bungalow and got changed, showered and got into bed.

I realized that my cousin was not in the room with me and he was likely in the room next door with my other friends. I then turned the TV on as and started to drift to sleep until the channels kept changing, and then the touch lamp to my right kept alternating from on, bright, brighter, brightest, off in a loop.

Startled and scared, I quickly unplugged the lamp and TV, however the lamp was still flickering. Since I'm a Christian I grabbed my cross around my neck and started to pray. I then heard a loud bang on the door, I didn't dare to do anything except continue praying, then the bang came again but this time it was 3 bangs on the door and much louder than the first, it almost shook the whole room, I opened my eyes during prayer and saw a dark figure run across the window outside. I kept praying and continued to pray and that's the last thing I remember.

I woke up the next morning, everything that had happened in the night all came back to me but I couldn't remember anything past the point when the dark figure swept past the window, I jumped out of bed and ran next door to my cousin and friends and noticed blood stains were down both of my shins, I traced them up my knees, thighs, and all the way up by stomach, 5 finger nail marks, so deep in my skin that it left a bloody trail up my body, ending at my cross.

To give you quick history lesson into Burma around that time, in May 2008 Burmese coastline was hit with a large cyclone named cyclone nargis. I was told the next day by my cousins and from news reports that out of the 200,000 or so people there were many killed on the beaches of Chaung Tha, most of them beggers or street vendors selling fruit along the beach.

Scared and confused I went to the hotel reception and told them what had happened, they offered to refund one of the rooms and helped us organise another hotel that they owned on the other side of the beach, no further questions were asked and they acted as if this had happened before as they weren't shocked at all, in fact they were apologetic.

This story still scares me to this day, what do you guys think haunted me that night? Why can't I remember anything past a certain point? Did I black out? Was I possessed? Why did the scratch marks stop at my cross?

• Like 4

Welcome to UM sau :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads... and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

Interesting story.. thanks for taking time to share it.

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to UM Sau.

That is some spooky shid you have experienced there.

In my opinion, it feels like someone wanted you to leave

Heya sau...just saw you over on another paranormal forum I admin.

Yes it was some spooky stuff, not the first time I've been bothered by spirits but it was definitely the worst and first time it was this angry. Anyone know the answers to my other questions?

Hi Sau!

That is one hell of a creepy experience. Just asking, but the fingernail marks are made right below your cross?

• 2 months later...

I know for a fact your telling the truth because I went through something similar. Never in my life have I imagined demon spirits to be real until they showed themselves to me and attacked. I believe their so well organized even some on this website who go through alot of lengths to discredit a person expierence. They tell you its all in your head or just a hallucination and they come out with memes to mock you. Always stay positive and have faith the demons hate that.