Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8 Family Members Killed In Ohio

susieice

Interesting observation Vincennes! Why was she there to feed animals if there were two able-bodied men around? She said she did it every morning and on that morning she had friends with her. It's in one of the last links I posted about her. I wonder if Chris Sr. left early normally and that's why she was in the habit of going over to his house. All things considered, I can understand why the police questioned her and took DNA. She needs to be cleared as a suspect.

Hard to believe a reporter sat right there and didn't ask her that !

Could it be the cousin was up from Ky for a combined delivery and they hadn't been sure they would make it back by morning. And that's why they were hit someone

knew they were coming back with more cash than usual (???) . But that leaves why the others ?

• Like 2

Here's the link that I managed to talk about and then be too much of a sieve brain to post:

He even came to a guess, it was the face book threat .

• Like 1

There's certainly not much reporting going on today. Securing the trailers has began to make more sense me. I'm sure if left just boarded up they would be torn apart by curiosity seekers.

• Like 1

Yep. I'm sure the local people would like to hear some kind of a progress report, but with police staying so tight lipped, some would be tempted to go check things out for themselves.

• Like 1

Yep. I'm sure the local people would like to hear some kind of a progress report, but with police staying so tight lipped, some would be tempted to go check things out for themselves.

They were having some type of town festival the weekend after the murders. I really wished that I had driven down there cast about a little to get an idea of what the locals were saying.

I think it's too late to do that now.

I'm just amazed that these locals aren't raising a bit of a ruckus over having no information reassuring them others aren't going to become targets.

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 2

People around my area would be talking about it. I'm sure in a sparsely populated town like that one, suspicions are flying all over. My guess would be the locals are pretty upset right now with LE. The rest of the Rhoden family sure is.

• Like 1

I don't know why this article hasn't popped up before on searches. I think it must have been in Sunday's Dispatch.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/14/mother-of-3-year-old-who-survived-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html

Now this is the one person or one section of the family that I would not expect interviews. The three year old is the only one of the kids who might have seen something and be able to give maybe even a

little description. So if I was his mom, I don't think I'd be announcing to the world that he was back home with me and that he was probably "sleeping on the couch" as usual. If he was covered up, did they

perhaps miss the fact he was on the couch ? Boy, I would not be running that risk. If it were me and my kid we would be out of town to parts unknown for awhile.

• Like 3

I don't know why this article hasn't popped up before on searches. I think it must have been in Sunday's Dispatch.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/14/mother-of-3-year-old-who-survived-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html

Now this is the one person or one section of the family that I would not expect interviews. The three year old is the only one of the kids who might have seen something and be able to give maybe even a

little description. So if I was his mom, I don't think I'd be announcing to the world that he was back home with me and that he was probably "sleeping on the couch" as usual. If he was covered up, did they

perhaps miss the fact he was on the couch ? Boy, I would not be running that risk. If it were me and my kid we would be out of town to parts unknown for awhile.

Maybe but could be a baiting tactic. (=_^)

• Like 2

Maybe but could be a baiting tactic. (=_^)

That's a thought but a really horrible one. I really hope these LE have some kind of suspect(s) by now and that they are using the FBI. I think that the FBI should be able to have some resources in there

because of the drug involvement but I'm not certain of that. Anyone else know if that would put it within FBI jurisdiction ?

• Like 1

That's a thought but a really horrible one. I really hope these LE have some kind of suspect(s) by now and that they are using the FBI. I think that the FBI should be able to have some resources in there

because of the drug involvement but I'm not certain of that. Anyone else know if that would put it within FBI jurisdiction ?

If Gary Rhoden was visiting from Kentucky and had something to do with the drugs, that might involve a state line being crossed. That would put it within FBI jurisdiction. I'm not sure if the grow operations would or not. I kind of think it would.

I don't think I'd be talking so openly about the 3 yr old either. If only to let the little one have peace outside of the public view.

• Like 1

Re-thinking, because of there being 3 operations, and a potential state line, maybe the DEA could have some jurisdiction here also. I really don't know.

This is also mass murder. There were more than 3 victims. The FBI could probably get involved because of that.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

This morning's news story: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/17/road-reopens-but-normalcy-slow-to-return.html

It does mention a neighbor across from the murder sites who didn't want her name mentioned. So after this long the locals still think there is a threat to them which sounds as if LE hasn't even said things of assurance off the record to them.

Pink mentioned a while back the possibility of this case being right up there with the Ramsey murder if it goes unsolved. Are we seeing that now as a growing possibility ? Okay, Pink, where are you in Ohio ? I'll pick you up on Sunday and we'll cruise on down and solve this darn thing. (Just kidding of course but I'd like to :yes: )

• Like 2

Drugs don't have to be involved in the crime. The FBI is a federal law enforcement organization, so they're not like the Drug Enforcement Administration. The former cover all kinds of crime and vice. The latter specializes in drug crimes.

• Like 1

Drugs don't have to be involved in the crime. The FBI is a federal law enforcement organization, so they're not like the Drug Enforcement Administration. The former cover all kinds of crime and vice. The latter specializes in drug crimes.

Thanks for clarifying that PP. I wasn't sure, but since drugs were being manufactured, would the DEA get involved? I sure hope the FBI is there!

This morning's news story: http://www.dispatch....-to-return.html

It does mention a neighbor across from the murder sites who didn't want her name mentioned. So after this long the locals still think there is a threat to them which sounds as if LE hasn't even said things of assurance off the record to them.

Pink mentioned a while back the possibility of this case being right up there with the Ramsey murder if it goes unsolved. Are we seeing that now as a growing possibility ? Okay, Pink, where are you in Ohio ? I'll pick you up on Sunday and we'll cruise on down and solve this darn thing. (Just kidding of course but I'd like to :yes: )

Hey, I'm in PA. Not that far away, but on the eastern border. Can I come too?

• Like 2

I apologize for addressing you as "Pink." That was just such an popular movie for my generation, the minute I see that cartoon I hear that theme song playing !!!

• Like 2

I apologize for addressing you as "Pink." That was just such an popular movie for my generation, the minute I see that cartoon I hear that theme song playing !!!

It is his avatar :tu:

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying that PP. I wasn't sure, but since drugs were being manufactured, would the DEA get involved? I sure hope the FBI is there!

They would. There are jurisdictional arguments and rivalries at times, but that should be a moot point in this case. I think that the local police would welcome help from Scotland Yard if they offered it. I'm sure that all law enforcement agencies will play parts in this one.

• Like 1

There's no need. I'm cool with "pink" unless it refers to political views. ;)

Edited by Paranormal Panther
  • Like 1

Hey, I'm in PA. Not that far away, but on the eastern border. Can I come too?

Most definitely you can come too :tu:

• Like 1

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/18/why-rhoden-family-had-so-many-cars/84433962/

Give a look at how many of these cars are trucks and van types that could be used to transport a bit of pot. Was there a motivation there to have a bunch of cars to use so the same vehicles coming back to a place

again and again wouldn't raise suspicion. I'm wondering too, since it talks about some of these vehicles were purchased out of state and from estates if some of them came with license tags licensed to ordinary or perhaps elderly people so that you also don't have tags coming back to them. Seems like it might be easy to say to people after an auction, "Could you just please leave the tags on it, so that I can get it home and register it in Ohio?" Or did he have a dealer's license that would enable him to do that legally?

Just a thought.

• Like 2

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/18/why-rhoden-family-had-so-many-cars/84433962/

Give a look at how many of these cars are trucks and van types that could be used to transport a bit of pot. Was there a motivation there to have a bunch of cars to use so the same vehicles coming back to a place

again and again wouldn't raise suspicion. I'm wondering too, since it talks about some of these vehicles were purchased out of state and from estates if some of them came with license tags licensed to ordinary or perhaps elderly people so that you also don't have tags coming back to them. Seems like it might be easy to say to people after an auction, "Could you just please leave the tags on it, so that I can get it home and register it in Ohio?" Or did he have a dealer's license that would enable him to do that legally?

Just a thought.

It is going to be harder to identified these vehicles coming and going picking up the pot. However they should have some idea of that night , if there were any neighbors with surveillance cameras, or wittiness of seeing vehicles going down that road
  • Like 1

It is going to be harder to identified these vehicles coming and going picking up the pot. However they should have some idea of that night , if there were any neighbors with surveillance cameras, or wittiness of seeing vehicles going down that road

I think that's why police asked for neighbors and businesses to give them their footage. They would be able to see what vehicles were driving around the area on that night. It's such a small location they would stick out, especially late at night. That's the nice thing about such sparsely populated areas. Everyone knows everyone, and strangers or strange vehicles stick out. Even the Rhoden family's vehicles would be recognized late at night like that.

• Like 1

When I first saw this article and that it was two days old, I almost didn't open it but I'm glad that I did:

http://newsblaze.com/usnews/crime/an-obsession-with-the-rhoden-case_58251/

For one thing this writer seems to see some of the same issues that we have in the crime. He even mentions that perhaps there was another reason for the vehicles and I notice he mentions that there was even

a semi-cab among them which I hadn't noticed before. At least we know that someone else sees the mystifying elements in it that we do :yes:

He also mentions some kind of discussion on this on a site called "Topix" I've never participated in a discussion on that site but I'm going to have to look it up and see what's going on there.

• Like 3