Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Best Kept Secret of Life

wong chee kwan

• 3 weeks later...

The Man-Made Bāguà 2 (The Bad Bāguà Effects) 

The good bāguà effects are evidences of a natural way of life. In contrast, the bad bāguà effects signals the rise of an altered ego, an ego inflated with trapped emotion.

Which means the bad bāguà behaviors are the symptoms of an evil growth. So, just like any other major disorders, early detection is the best way to curb its growth.

Here is a list of the bad bāguà symptoms.

1.      A wild Heaven (, : go-go-go): A runaway expansion.

A control freak in an offensive mode; driven mindlessly by a powerful undercurrent.

The mindless expansionist acts just like a growing snowball, which rolls down a hill uncontrollably, destroys everything in sight, and ends inevitably with a bang at the bottom of the hill.

2.      A depressed Earth (, : stop-stop-stop): A deep depression.

A disorderly person who closes their minds in a depression.

The depressed screwed up is like an outlaw who imprisons themselves with regrets.

3.      A volatile Water (, : stop-go-stop): A volatile emotional state.

An unruly character who bullies while in a depression.

The depressed bully is a trouble maker, who terrorizes habitually by continuously disrupting peace and stability, theirs as well as others’.

4.      An out-of-control Fire (, : go-stop-go): A stressful state.

An aggressor who resists the urge to expand.

The wound up state is like a pressure cooker, which cooks by raising temperature with internal pressure built up by the steam.

5.      A tormenting Thunder (, : go-stop-stop): Excessive worrying.

A control freak who closes up in a depression.

The depressed slave-driver inflicts pain upon themselves, by stirring up the ****s trapped within.

6.      A crippled Mountain (, : stop-stop-go): A jammed state.

A rebel who goes against the strong undercurrent within.

The internal struggle often blinds one from the many divine messages popping up in their surroundings.

7.      An ever-changing Wind (, : stop-go-go): An opportunist outlook.

An unruly character who preys in an expansive mode.

The predator is an opportunist who gains advantages at the expense of ethics or morals.

8.      An uninhabited Swamp (, : go-go-stop): A marshy growth.

An expansionist who grows indiscriminately in a depression.

The indiscriminate growth produces a marsh-like state; carpeted with mosses, and punctuated with islands.

If a natural way of life is the reward for taking orders from Dào, a hellish life must then be the aftermath for surrendering to a devilish ego. But, both are extreme cases. In reality, most people are living a twilight zone; caught in between the natural and evil worlds.

Mr Fúxī equated the twilight zone to a hexagram; and offered advises in six poetic lines on how best to deal with it.

Still, what exactly are they? The hexagrams? The six poetic lines?

(Picture from images-cdn.moviepilot.com)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDLZbxMXy0JXRfXwEAS-3

Well, I'll be bāguàed !   

12 hours ago, Habitat said:

Well, I'll be bāguàed !   

Okay then , take this  ;  

Image result for Bagua fight gif

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

The Inspired Change A (易: An Elixir of Life)

The Chinese loves changes. They even have a word for every imaginable change, designed cleverly to implant the mode, and fashionably to capture the mood, of the change; for examples,

(biàn): A shocking change that raps () to disrupt order (); like 变心 (biànxīn): a change of heart that rocks a relationship.

(huàn): A progressive change that courts () excellence (); like 换季 (huànjì): changing wardrobe to keep up with the latest seasonal trend.

(gēng): A natural (丿丶) change triggered off () by a limit (); like 更代 (gēngdài): replacing one with another to refresh a cycle.

(gǎi): A directional change that strikes () at the halfway mark (); like 改行 (gǎiháng): changing profession presumably for a better prospect.

But, (yì) beats them all as the No.1 word for “change”, as it offers 64 modes to change for the better, especially attractive for those who are down-and-out.

Also, it titles a classic for thousands of years, which grows a simple yīn-yáng concept into a doctrine with a worldwide following, and is still evolving promisingly into a miraculous cure for all human ills.

An elixir of life (长生不老葯, chángshēngbùlǎo yào)? Maybe it is just a wishful thinking, but if it is true, then “joy to the world”.

True or false, it is best to let (yì) speaks for itself.

(yì): change / easy / simple

(rì): sun / day / daytime

(wù): must not / do not / without / never

(ctext.org)

Ummm  ... you dont  happen to have  any spare change do you  ?

Image result for accosted on street for spare change

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Inspired Change B (日: The Sun Part 1)    

(rì) means the Sun.

“The sun at the heart of our solar system is a yellow dwarf star, a hot ball of glowing gases. Its gravity holds the solar system together, keeping everything from the biggest planets to the smallest particles of debris in its orbit. Electric currents in the sun generate a magnetic field that is carried out through the solar system by the solar wind — a stream of electrically charged gas blowing outward from the sun in all directions.”

(solarsystem.nasa.gov)

To I-Ching, Sun is Heaven, and Heaven is Sun. Then, what is said of the Sun should tell on Heaven too.

That assumption turns out to be the key that unlocks I-Ching’s secret world; conceptually as a sun-driven, ever-expanding human universe, realizable as an enlarged presence resulted from a huge mind explosion, practicable and perfectible as an art of living that can transform anybody into a “body-less” existence, a grounded, spiritual being living a larger-than-life life.

Now, let’s see what the Sun has to say about Heaven.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf-rMALI4TCMcBdcRm3U8

These and other schemes to explain humanity and life don't succeed because there are always millions of exceptions.  We are all different.

• Like 1

The Inspired Change B-2 (: The Sun Part 2)         

“Sun is the heart of the solar system” rhymes with “Heaven is the heart of the human universe”, which implies “whoever gets Heaven gets the universe”.

The Sun’s enormous mass in the Solar System (99.86%) -- translated as a huge amount of resources, high visibility, and easy accessibility – makes this mission to court Heaven even more inviting.

“Sun is a hot ball of glowing gas” tells of a fast-expanding Heaven (a hot object expands, and a very hot object expands very fast), which tallies with I-Ching’s ever-growing human universe -- driven by an external life-force (Dào, 道) a million times the size of the internal life-force (qì, 氣) -- which then makes Heaven the pacer, and human the racer.

The vast difference between the temperatures of the Sun (top 15 million degrees Celsius) and Earth (no more than 58 degrees Celsius) lends support to this pacing-Dào-racing-Qì model.

“The Solar system is held together by the Sun’s gravity” suggests that deviating from the heavenly path will cause the collapse of a human universe, a tragic fate I-Ching dedicated to avert by uncovering all possible ways to diffuse the threat.

Moreover, staying within the orbit of Heaven guarantees a perpetual, natural way of life, an outlook embodied by the Sun’s perfect sphere, a symbol for a continuous loop of natural life cycles.

• 2 weeks later...

The Inspired Change B-3 (日: The Sun Part 3)    

“The Sun’s strong magnetic field” supports the model of an earth-heaven magnet – a human magnet that magnetizes the extremes-rich human domain with an earth (south), heaven (north) link -- which powerfully transforms a southward-bound failure into a north-heading success.

“The all-around, outward blowing of the solar wind” showcases the magnetic treatment – the inside is relentlessly bombarded with forces of nature from the outside – which naturalizes the extremes inside, and revitalizes the entire human system.

Furthermore, the Sun is superrich in Hydrogen (70%) -- a colourless, odourless, tasteless, non-toxic, non-metallic, highly combustible diatomic gas, the lightest element on the periodic table -- and Helium (30%) -- a colourless, odourless, tasteless, non-toxic, inert, monatomic gas, the first in the noble gas group in the periodic table.

Correspondingly, Heaven is supersaturated with the simplest, yet highly reactive, yīn-yáng data (as building blocks of the human universe), and absolute truths (as inert materials for constructing a solid foundation to support the growth of the universe).

So far so good. Let’s see if the similes also match the definitions of 日 (rì).

Isn't the best kept secret in life, EITHER how to make the perfect BLT sandwich OR,  how to keep a woman happy, without going broke doing so? :) 

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:21 AM, wong chee kwan said:

I am a super fan of I-Ching. So, there will be lots of it from now on; enough to bore you to death. But, if you can survive the boredom, the untold story will definitely spice up the way you look at life. Because that’s the “hidden agenda” of I-Ching – to spice up people’s lives.

I-Ching? They call it the “Book of Changes”, a Chinese classic aged over five thousand years old. It is said to be the best kept secret of life; because the whole book is filled with riddles; thereby subjecting itself to all kinds of interpretation.

My take on I-Ching is its 3-D energy model that tracks all the possible changes in one’s lifetime as a growing human universe.

According to I-Ching -- a perfect human universe comprises a stable base, a justified past, and an expanding future; or, a 3-D (three dimensional) existence that guarantees a happy and fulfilled life.

Unfortunately, life is never perfect in reality. For most of us, if there is indeed a human universe, it is either distorted or dysfunctional.

That’s where I-Ching comes in as a solutions provider.

In this context, I started coining names for I-Ching, one each for different interest groups.

For the spirited – Sixty-four ways to Heaven.

For the down and out – Quick fixes for Screw-ups in Life.

For the ambitious – A Guide on Growing a Large-than-life Life.

For the scientific-minded – A Construction Manual for a Human Universe.

I guess I have a lot of explanations to do for calling names.

Where do I begin?

The passage of time exposes us to both the positive and negative aspects of life. Its impossible to have everything our own way so we do encounter challenges, adversity and unpleasant experiences. Unfortunately entropy is at work where our negative experiences can easily decay our minds over time.

To prevent (and reverse) entropy of the mind we need to:

1. Let go and move on from the challenges, adversity and unpleasant experiences we faced in the past.

2. Accept those in the present. Dont take the easiest path in life to avoid them but do the right thing instead.

3. Manage our life paths properly instead of setting ourselves up for problems in the future.

4. Limit our contact with those people who dont do the above. A decayed and decaying mind causes problems for everyone they come into contact with. Identify if someone is on their way down and if they are then avoid them.

The Inspired Change C-1 (日: An Invisible Guru)

日:實也。太陽之精不虧。从囗一。象形。

a)    實也 (shí yě): It brings realization, solidifies stuffs, and makes one honest.

實 (shí): real / solid / honest
實 strings (貫) inside (冖) and outside (亠) into one continuous space; best visualized as a factory, a semi-enclosed space for processing raw materials into useful products.

•    The inside (冖) is isolated by an emotion thatch – a layer of negatives amassed over time -- that disrupts (left丿) and dictates (right 丿). 
•    It is a Pandora’s Box, where evils are kept.
•    The outside (亠) is where inspirations (丶) reside, accessible by breaking through the emotion thatch (一). 
•    It is a resource centre, where hopes lie.

That makes 實 the sun’s lock-breaking mechanism, prying open the evil box with powerful natural pulses, and bringing hope to human. 

Hope, however, means different things to different people.

For those desperately in need of help, it is a divine intervention that miraculously resolves the seemingly unresolvable.

For most, it is an inspiration flow that realizes extremes, solidifies ideas, and exposes unknowns.

For the experienced, it is an invisible guru, not just to answer calls 24/7 on any subject under the sun, but also volunteers stop/go signals -- convertible to painful reminders, or merciless corrective actions, if the signals are ignored – to facilitate human realizing their missions in life.

• 2 weeks later...

The Inspired Change C-2 A (日: The Pulsating Nourishment)    

B)  太陽之精不虧 (tàiyángzhījīng bù kuī): The spirit of the sun is inexhaustible.

精 (jīng): essence / semen / spirit
精 is a divine nourishment (米) that greens (青).

The divine nourishment (米) drives outside (丿丶), and bombards inside (丷), with natural pulses to create perfection (十), a natural (一) and magnetized (丨) state.

While driving outside (丿丶), a natural pulse closes/opens doors; nudging one towards one’s destiny. And, when bombarding inside (丷), it excites with motives to arouse action, and cools down with restraints to consolidate.

The outside job is often shrouded in mystery, as an invisible hand is at work, hence is beyond one’s control. The inside mechanism involves regulating qì-flow in response to the outside stimuli, hence is subjected to human interference.

An uncoordinated outside-inside job causes deviation (from destination), a major source for misfortune.
On the other hand, pulsating with the divine nourishment (米) leads to a cloning process, which moulds human in the image of Heaven, as a strong force of nature.

The Inspired Change C-2 B (日: The Greening Effect)    

Greening (青) is an attempt to mitigate, or even reverse, the damages inflicted by human on their natural worlds, by naturalizing (月) with a dominant, earth-heaven magnet (龶).

Naturalization (月) mimics the endless looping of the lunar phases, bombarding the inside with natural pulses to swing one’s mood like a pendulum -- from one end to another repeatedly -- until one dances to its tune.

Meanwhile, the earth-heaven magnet (龶) exerts its dominance through its vector filed, which magnetizes by dictating direction with powerful pulses; often manifested as stop/go signals for the compliant, carrot and stick for the neutral, and death and rebirth for the recalcitrant.

So, a spirit (精) is a pulsating nourishment that naturalizes and magnetizes. 

That makes the spirit of the Sun (太陽之精) the Sun’s semen, bearing its DNA, and reproducing itself in human as a hero, a person with a mission fighting for a just cause.

And, the Sun is an infinite source of this almighty force of nature.

I sparred with a Bagua guy once. He insisted that Bagua was the best fighting system ever, because the taoist principles ruled the flows of a fight. He learned very quickly that he was either wrong, or just really bad at Baguazhang. I took him for a beer after the match and we had a great conversation, though.

:)         

I sparred with a ........ < insert  only 'style'  that  guy has done >  ....... guy once. He insisted that ....... was the best fighting system ever, because the ......   principles ruled ....... . He learned very quickly that he was either wrong, or just really bad at ........ I took him for a beer after the match and we had a great conversation, though.

Yeah ,   they should stick to  ' theory '  or   .... put  theory into practice and if it fails,  identify where and how and remedy it  =   adapted theory .

Then there is always this one -   Moves on to a 'demo'  with  a   'student'   to    'prove' it    .   :rolleyes:      

(Sorry ,  if too much sarcasm ....  I been to training this morning and was carving up some  'weapons  theory' for 3 hours   with my new toy  -  a short fighting spear with a hard foam,    bladed head .....    hard enough to stop arguments like;  " I think that one would have missed me ."      ;)   )  

Having been obliged to move here to Cambodia, I miss good conversation.  There are a few English speakers, but most of them are hard to understand and talking to them is a hard work.  There are very few Vietnamese out here, although they are abundant in the two big cities, I don't want a big city.  I get tired of the internet, and there are only a few on it that I really want to talk with anyway and many I wish were elsewhere.

I'm thinking about Canada, although it doesn't have a good climate and any trouble Trump gets the US in is bound to involve Canada too.  Much the same applies to Europe.  Besides, most of Europe has living expenses beyond my means.

Like most people, one is only really happy in one's native land, and, although I've been given assurances I would be welcome, and my departure met no resistance, there are too many petty officials with arbitrary power there and I don't trust them.  Accusation of a crime in Vietnam is no different from conviction.  If you do get a lawyer and insist on a tribunal, it just goes worse for you.

But I'm not happy here.  The place is beautiful; the people are wonderful (but I can't hardly communicate with them); the health care is better in my mind than even the States and the doctors have the freedom to do what they think best without worrying about insurance companies and legal suits; the climate is great (although it gets a bit too hat sometimes); the food is wonderful and not much different than Vietnamese -- except they don't eat dog meat, something I am glad of.  I would not want to live in the States, no matter what -- I've been there and know there are far better places.  I am considering Sri Lanka and India, although I speak none of the languages there other than where there are those that speak English, and again that limits one to cities.

Muslim states are out of the question -- even if I don't believe it all, I am a Buddhist.  There is also Australia, but it presents the same problem as Britain or Europe -- cost.  I was in touch with the Australian consulate and they made it clear I would have no problem.

I dunno if there is any advice to be asked for.

• Like 1

The Inspired Change C-3 A (日: The Sun’s DNA)

c)    从囗一。象形 (cóng wéi yī, xiàng xíng): It follows the characteristics of an enclosure and a limit. Each symbol is shaped to tell its own story.

The enclosure (囗) mirrors the Sun’s perfect sphere – a never ending loop – symbolizing a host of divine qualities, traceable in various degrees in all cloned heavens.

The roundness suggests perfection, radiated as holiness by both the “nobody” who lives a simple yet happy life, and the “somebody” who answers their calls to fulfil their missions in life.

The endlessness stands for timelessness, an incorruptible value found in religionists who live by God’s words; or in works created out of thin air by thinkers, writers, inventors, and the likes.

The continuity shows the persistency of the Sun in completing its mission, manifested as perseverance in survivals who never give up on life, or visionaries who always strive to scale new heights.

The looping reflects the cause and effect working principle of the Sun -- what goes around comes around – practiced by simplists who treat the roots rather symptoms to resolve recurring problems; or karma believers who cushion their lives with good deeds, believing that one good turn always leads to another, and that violence begets violence.

The circle symbolizes a full natural life cycle, spun continuously to move one along the evolution scale through thick and thin; a way of life pursued by naturalists who wish to be one with the universe, or fate believers who always take everything in their strides.

The above listed divine qualities, though not exhaustive, are enough to show the size of your birth rights. But, the actual amount inherited is dependent upon the purity of your feed; expressed as a divinity value, the equivalence of a pH value, ranging from -10 to +10:

Divinity Value = Pulsating Nourishment – Toxic Emotion (Both feeds are valued between 0 to 10)

A maximum score of ten creates a saint with a halo; a negative ten yields a monster capable of destroying the world; and a zero results in a swamp-like character that encompasses diversity.

To be a monster or saint, nobody or somebody, failure or success, the decision is entirely yours.

Edited by wong chee kwan

18 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Having been obliged to move here to Cambodia, I miss good conversation.  There are a few English speakers, but most of them are hard to understand and talking to them is a hard work.  There are very few Vietnamese out here, although they are abundant in the two big cities, I don't want a big city.  I get tired of the internet, and there are only a few on it that I really want to talk with anyway and many I wish were elsewhere.

I'm thinking about Canada, although it doesn't have a good climate and any trouble Trump gets the US in is bound to involve Canada too.  Much the same applies to Europe.  Besides, most of Europe has living expenses beyond my means.

Like most people, one is only really happy in one's native land, and, although I've been given assurances I would be welcome, and my departure met no resistance, there are too many petty officials with arbitrary power there and I don't trust them.  Accusation of a crime in Vietnam is no different from conviction.  If you do get a lawyer and insist on a tribunal, it just goes worse for you.

But I'm not happy here.  The place is beautiful; the people are wonderful (but I can't hardly communicate with them); the health care is better in my mind than even the States and the doctors have the freedom to do what they think best without worrying about insurance companies and legal suits; the climate is great (although it gets a bit too hat sometimes); the food is wonderful and not much different than Vietnamese -- except they don't eat dog meat, something I am glad of.  I would not want to live in the States, no matter what -- I've been there and know there are far better places.  I am considering Sri Lanka and India, although I speak none of the languages there other than where there are those that speak English, and again that limits one to cities.

Muslim states are out of the question -- even if I don't believe it all, I am a Buddhist.  There is also Australia, but it presents the same problem as Britain or Europe -- cost.  I was in touch with the Australian consulate and they made it clear I would have no problem.

I dunno if there is any advice to be asked for.

Come on over Frank   and damn the cost   .... its worth it  !   

Image result for bellingen shire

We got pristine beaches , rivers, rainforests, waterfalls,  mountains, semi alpine areas, clean air and water  and a small city,  all within an hours drive  ( even got 2 cheap house to me next door  , either side and 3rd one 5 mins walk away, cheaper but unfinished ( build finished but not fitted out )     -  I got my place for $8000 ... ( but that was 30 years ago ) . 

Edited by back to earth