Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teen Shot Himself In Head While Taking Selfie

Still Waters

A teenager in India has accidentally shot himself in the head with his father's gun while trying to take a selfie photograph.

Police said 15-year-old Ramandeep Singh is being treated in hospital at Pathankot in Punjab state and is expected to survive.

It is the latest in a series of accidents which have happened during attempts to take selfies.

http://news.sky.com/...e-taking-selfie

• Like 4

Taa Daa!

• Like 2

Thank goodness he survived! I'm sure he has learned a valuable lesson here.

• Like 2

Thank goodness he survived! I'm sure he has learned a valuable lesson here.

It would seem not quite:

Police initially said the teen was expected to survive, however The Indian Express has reported that he later succumbed to his injuries.

On the upside, the father (may have) learned something.

Not to raise stupid children?

• Like 2

It's hard to feel pity at something like this. I am a strong supporter of guns, in this case I blame the father. He should have had his son trained on how not to treat guns. Or at the very least, locked up.

• Like 4

It's hard to feel pity at something like this. I am a strong supporter of guns, in this case I blame the father. He should have had his son trained on how not to treat guns. Or at the very least, locked up.

The different methods of teaching children about guns has always fascinated me. I know someone who has two sons and he always raised them to respect and understand guns. His approach was to remove any curiosity his boys may have about guns and explain the dangers so that they wouldn't be tempted to find one and play with it. My father had guns and growing up he never told my sister and I about them, never showed us. I never came across one even as a curious kid and I think if I had I would have been too scared to do anything with it. Two different approaches. Maybe the difference is my father had daughters and my friend had sons? I'm not sure. Either way this was a teen who should have known better regardless.

• Like 2

I feel much pity. A loss of human life is a loss indeed. We do not know the situation, he might even have been encouraged to take the pic with the gun. We do not really know. When guns are treated as things other than deadly weapons, the danger factor is mitigated. That will result in incidents like this.

• Like 1

That is one way to shoot a selfie.

• Like 2

It would seem not quite:

Oh my bad. :(

The different methods of teaching children about guns has always fascinated me. I know someone who has two sons and he always raised them to respect and understand guns. His approach was to remove any curiosity his boys may have about guns and explain the dangers so that they wouldn't be tempted to find one and play with it.

That's how my father taught me from the age of six. My older sisters were afraid of guns after they fired one a few times, but I enjoyed going out target practicing with him...just the two of us. We were never tempted to pick one up unsupervised, because we knew what they could do.

That's the sort of thing that happens when you put a gun in the untrained hands of a camera phone junkie.