Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brothers get paralysed every night

seeder

Mystery of the brothers who become paralysed at night: Doctors baffled by boys who collapse and can't speak as soon as the sun goes down

During the day, Abdul Rasheed and Shoaib Ahmed, 9 and 13, are like any other brothers who laugh and play together.

But as soon as the sun goes down they collapse into a vegetative state - completely paralysed and unable to talk.

The brothers, who live in Pakistan, have been dubbed 'the solar kids' as their parents claim they get their energy from the sun.

The case has baffled doctors who have no idea what is causing their symptoms.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3576575/Pakistan-treating-2-brothers-paralyzed-night.html#ixzz47urvuVkt

• Like 3

The parents are first cousins. Sad, that. While I sincerely feel badly for these children, I suspect that they are quite lucky to be boys and allowed to live. Were they girl children they'd have been stoned as sorceresses in disguise or something. The dark ages never left some parts of the world...

• Like 7

Yeah, they are the new environment friendly prototype of future kids - all solar powered. No carbon footprint.

• Like 3

if this is true, it's got to be one of the weirdest things ever!? Fascinating .

* hmmm , paralyzation at sunset... reminds me of my brother in laws :P

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Strange but at least at bedtime they won't give any arguments.

Really wonder what causes this. They can put them in a dark room and they don't become paralyzed.

• Like 5

They might have some sort of dysfunction in the brains pineal gland, that causes/creates a very large amount of melatonin - which are very low during the day, when the sun is up, but starts to produce when it get dark outside. A normal person get their peak later during the night, around normal bedtime. But if these children have a pineal gland that goes haywire, they could literally fall asleep as soon as the normal daylight disappear. Who knows....

• Like 6

Well every time i try not to think for something as it looks like and try to do some Abductive reasoning and feronsic sceince before I try to solve the case. But now it seems impossible to do that. How ever the parents should've been asked where there wierd stuff during the night, where there any murdery done during night. Cause the 2 brother could plan it. They could plan to lie every one that as soon the sun goes down they paralyse. So during the night they could do some activity that where secret or maybe illegal so people would Deductive reasoning and they would say the solar brothers didn't do it cause they where paralised.

How could the doctors really know that they where rally paralised. This is just a theory how ever.

Maybe the parents told to the children to act like that and use it for their interests.

• 6 months later...

There at it! Sounds like a pair of unruly youths who dont want to do the night shift in the Nike factory

• Like 3

certainly a proof that we know so little about cosmology!

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

This is rather interesting, I want to look more into this to see just how long this has affected the two of them. Hopefully after these doctors do more research we can get a better understanding of the boy's condition. 

• Like 1

Evidently they can still breathe and don't become completely paralyzed.  Maybe they just play so hard during the day that they need all night to recoup. I wonder what would happen if you gave them a candy sugar high before the sun sets?

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkin said:

Hook them up to a generator at sunset so they can be active until bedtime.

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2016 at 6:49 PM, EllJay said:

They might have some sort of dysfunction in the brains pineal gland, that causes/creates a very large amount of melatonin - which are very low during the day, when the sun is up, but starts to produce when it get dark outside. A normal person get their peak later during the night, around normal bedtime. But if these children have a pineal gland that goes haywire, they could literally fall asleep as soon as the normal daylight disappear. Who knows....

But they can function in the dark as long as the sun is up outside. Sounds like a genetic experiment gone wrong. Mixed in DNA from some plant or animal that crashes when the sun goes dow.

• 2 months later...

It posibble there to much yin qi in thier body so they would function in daily light cause in the daily light the yin qi and yang qi are balance than in night who the yin are over/ dominance the yang element so broke the balance yin qi and yang qi in the body so to much yin qi would make stagnantion so a result not able to move.

The dominace of yin qi there are posible 

First yang qi defisiensi so the yin qi become dominance

Second yin qi in the body not disperse/left the body throught normal chanel so there clog in the body make yin qi stack (hmm like water in a dam they slowly collect the yin qi) and become yin qi dominance.

Edited by Daimond25
  • Like 1