Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the U.S. help the Nazi's nuke Russia?

grimsituation6

I've been reading up on the possibilty that Germany not only tested, but used atomic weapons of minimal scale during ww2. Reports go as far as to claim that one such device was used against the Russians via a nuclear carbomb. The claim boasts of reports made by both the Russians and Germans of the bombs effects and the Soviets desperate response threatening to use chemical weapons against the Nazis if the bomb was used again. Now on the face of it the Germans were far from capable of producing a high yielding bomb, but is it possible that the Americans and British helped the Nazis produce low yield bombs to stop the Russian advance into Europe? I have no proof yet, but after reading several sources from skeptics and believers alike i get the feeling that maybe the U.S., knowing victory was immenant by 1943, had started planning ahead taking into consideration the great Red Threat. Not being able to attack Russia directly they may have used the Germans as a proxy force against the Soviets. Threatening to use full yield bombs on Germany if they didn't cooperate. The remaining stock after the war secretly shipped to Japan via u-boat towards the end of the war to keep it from the Soviets, but instead intercepted intransit leading to a Soviet bomb a few years after the war. Again no proof, but makes sense for secretive subjects such as atomic weapons and the war on communism. Why would the U.S. help the Nazi's? I don't know, ask Henry Ford.

• Like 2

Links as to where you read this?

• Like 2

I also believe that the Nazi Bell might have been a led casing for the bomb, and that concrete centrifuges found near the bell might have been platforms to keep the bomb elevated to prepare it for test detonation. Also the shielding used in submarines to transport the material from the U.S. lead to the development of the nuclear submarine, the first nuclear powered vehicle, unvealed in.....1946...

This is a new one on me. Can you provide info where you got this?

Would like to read up on it.

• Like 1

The Germans did not nuke Russia.

Unless proof can be shown...?

• Like 1

The Germans did not nuke Russia.

Unless proof can be shown...?

Proof?

For a nuclear blast? They're so small and subtle.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

Also the shielding used in submarines to transport the material from the U.S. lead to the development of the nuclear submarine, the first nuclear powered vehicle, unvealed in.....1946....

The first nuclear propelled vessel, the Nautilus submarine, was commissioned in 1951 and launched in 1954, not 1946. Development of the first nuclear electric generating plant started in 1946 as part of the Manhattan Project at Oak Ridge, where admiral Rickover first realized the potential for navy use.

OHHH here come die Glocke.

• Like 1

I'm sure if the Germans had got nuclear weapons in 1943, the target, 100%, would have been either London or Moscow. The USA would not give the Nazis the time of day at that stage.

Again no proof, but makes sense for secretive subjects such as atomic weapons and the war on communism.

So the lack of proof is proof itself?

• Like 1

Germany couldn't even make cola drinks in WW2, they had to invent Fanta instead ! So no, don't think they had the bomb.

• Like 3

Short answer: No. Longer answer: In 1943 the defeat of the Axis was not at all certain. The last thing anyone would want to do is give Hitler an atom bomb. And as jaylemurph said upthread, nuclear bombs are so small and subtle that no one would ever find evidence of one being used. Definitive answer: Hell NO.

• Like 2

I've been reading up on the possibilty that Germany not only tested, but used atomic weapons of minimal scale during ww2. Reports go as far as to claim that one such device was used against the Russians via a nuclear carbomb.

Nuclear weapons of the time weighed several tons. It would be quite the limousine to be able to hold a five ton bomb.

Anyway, this description of bombs hidden and detonated on the ground sounds like a standard tactic used by humans in Harry Turtledove's "Worldwar" novels (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwar_series) You sure you haven't confused novels with reality?

The claim boasts of reports made by both the Russians and Germans of the bombs effects and the Soviets desperate response threatening to use chemical weapons against the Nazis if the bomb was used again. Now on the face of it the Germans were far from capable of producing a high yielding bomb, but is it possible that the Americans and British helped the Nazis produce low yield bombs to stop the Russian advance into Europe? I have no proof yet, but after reading several sources from skeptics and believers alike i get the feeling that maybe the U.S., knowing victory was immenant by 1943, had started planning ahead taking into consideration the great Red Threat. Not being able to attack Russia directly they may have used the Germans as a proxy force against the Soviets. Threatening to use full yield bombs on Germany if they didn't cooperate.

And in April and May 1945 as the Soviets surrounded and captured Berlin the Germans said nothing about this because...what...they felt some sort of loyalty to the USA? To the end Hitler fantasised about breaking up the alliance of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union. That would have been the perfect piece of information to sow discord. Why didn't he say anything?

The remaining stock after the war secretly shipped to Japan via u-boat towards the end of the war to keep it from the Soviets, but instead intercepted intransit leading to a Soviet bomb a few years after the war. Again no proof, but makes sense for secretive subjects such as atomic weapons and the war on communism.

Don't you think information from Soviet spies in the Manhattan Project would have been more useful?

Why would the U.S. help the Nazi's? I don't know, ask Henry Ford.

Ford was hardly a representative of the US government of the day. Roosevelt and most of his cabinet were strongly pro-British and anti-German. Any such plan would have of necessity been non-governmental. And seeing as the Manhattan Project was controlled by the government through the military, where did the technology, expertise and material come from? On top of that, German propaganda had been shrilly anti-American since even before Pearl Harbor. Remember, the US Navy had engaged in military action against German U-boats by September 1941 - more than two months prior to Germany's declaration of war on the USA.

In other words, your theory doesn't match the geopolitical realities of the day.

I guess the source is Joseph Farrell's 2004 book Reich of the Black Sun, which contains plenty referenced source material pointing to the direction of Germany having a a-bomb of some kind and Japan doing parallel research on the Japanese occupied Korean peninsula. Main point include a succesfully test in Germany 11-12th of October 1944, as per the eye-witness account of Italian Luigi Romersa, which interestingly coincided with the British report of abnormally long lasting telephone line break up in Germany for the previous two and half days (Daily Mail, Wednesday, October 11, 1944).

The hypothesis that Germany was almost there with the bomb has three strengths:

• Germany was the gold tier in experimental military technology by the end of the war: no Ally in west or east was anywhere close when it came to such sciences
  • British government made a serious secret effort from 1944 onwards to prepare for an actual "atomic bomb attack" (The Daily Telegraph, Saturday 11, August, 1945)
  • it would partially help to explain the spirit of Endsieg from about 1944 to 1945: unconventional victory could turn the conventional loss around.

What the actual objective truth was is hard to say after 70 years, as the victorious Allies sure liked to re-write history since those days and the Axis are long since gone. By merely glancing at the western newspaper clippings contained in mr. Farrell's book, it seems that the Allied cencorship on the matter was relaxed immediately after the war and made-up into a coherent story line only later, which fits the pattern we know from other issues related to World War II as well.

As it seems that the Western elite knew from the onset of the war that Axis would eventually lose the war and planned accordingly for it (1912 here, allegedly 1938 p. 42–45 here, 1939 p. 153–154 here and year 1940 here), an atomic Germany, or an atomic Germany with an equally atomic Japan as an ally, would really have screwed those plans. For in the atomic age the rank and file masses of troops are not anymore so important factor in war as earlier, on which the mathematical reasoning of Germany's defeat had partially been based on.

Anwser to the original question by the first poster is thus: no. Germany with atomic bomb would have been an independent Germany of the geopolitically wrong kind and there is some contemporary evidence suggesting that Germany prepared to a-bomb New York City, but lost the conventional war before it could be made to happen. With the onset of the long-range bombers, rockets and submarines the New York City or London City couldn't control any more the direction of the atomic attack, for it had become global in range. As the Western elite had a problem with the atomic Axis in the 1940s, so does it likewise in this day with atomic North Korea, Iran and such for very same reason. For more on this subject please see chapters 4 and 5 of mr. Farrell's book.

Edited by FromFinland

Anyway, this description of bombs hidden and detonated on the ground sounds like a standard tactic used by humans in Harry Turtledove's "Worldwar" novels (https://en.wikipedia...Worldwar_series) You sure you haven't confused novels with reality?
Please see Wikipedia's summaries on the British 1950s Blue Peacock and the North American atomic demolition munions from the 1950s onwards.

I've been reading up on the possibilty that Germany not only tested, but used atomic weapons of minimal scale during ww2. Reports go as far as to claim that one such device was used against the Russians via a nuclear carbomb. The claim boasts of reports made by both the Russians and Germans of the bombs effects and the Soviets desperate response threatening to use chemical weapons against the Nazis if the bomb was used again. Now on the face of it the Germans were far from capable of producing a high yielding bomb, but is it possible that the Americans and British helped the Nazis produce low yield bombs to stop the Russian advance into Europe? I have no proof yet, but after reading several sources from skeptics and believers alike i get the feeling that maybe the U.S., knowing victory was immenant by 1943, had started planning ahead taking into consideration the great Red Threat. Not being able to attack Russia directly they may have used the Germans as a proxy force against the Soviets. Threatening to use full yield bombs on Germany if they didn't cooperate. The remaining stock after the war secretly shipped to Japan via u-boat towards the end of the war to keep it from the Soviets, but instead intercepted intransit leading to a Soviet bomb a few years after the war. Again no proof, but makes sense for secretive subjects such as atomic weapons and the war on communism. Why would the U.S. help the Nazi's? I don't know, ask Henry Ford.

Short answer: No

Long answer: No way!

interesting ---

re the underlined above -- I have come to suspect that this indeed may have been the case - America is obsessed with Russia and even today considers them their number one enemy above even the Islamic State - !!

Communism isn't the reason/excuse any more but it's worth remembering that Russia is the biggest country on the planet in terms of land mass - and would be quite a prize for warmongering expansionists - ? - I wouldn't be surprised if the (insane) plan is still alive secretly - and one day they (America and Europe) scheme to have another go - ?

You're giving even a moment's credence to this insanity because of America's fear of the Soviets?

You're giving even a moment's credence to this insanity because of America's fear of the Soviets?

America's aggression towards Russia ---

I mean an Arms Industry need an enemy (enemies) to thrive --

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

Rumours of a link between the US first family and the Nazi war machine have circulated for decades. Now the Guardian can reveal how repercussions of events that culminated in action under the Trading with the Enemy Act are still being felt by today's president

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

I haven't looked up what the OP is hinting at with Ford -- but the Bush family may have become prominent and made their family fortune helping to arm Nazi Germany - I mean first and foremost a proxy army has to have weapons -- (ask the Al Qaeda associated '''rebels''' in Syria )

Ford was an anti-Semite who gave the Nazis a lot of ideas.

Plans agreed upon for the postwar world at the Yalta (Feb. 1945) and Potsdam (July 1945) conferences would seem to indicate that the Roosevelt administration was, if anything, too trusting of the Soviet Union.

• Like 3

Reading this thread , it amazes me how otherwise intelligent people go so far out of their way to sound so incredibly stupid.

• Like 3