Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Khan to Trump: stuff your exception!

questionmark

LONDON — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said London’s new mayor Sadiq Khan could be an “exception” to his call for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States, the New York Times reports. Khan rejected Trump's offer.

Khan, a Muslim, was elected to run the British capital last week, the first person of his faith to undertake the role.

On Monday, Trump said he was “happy to see” that Khan was voted in, according to the New York Times.

Read more

And I agree with Khan, if additionally to the radicals we antagonize the moderates we will end up with 1.7 billion enemies instead of a few thousand (and if we can't get a few thousand under control we might as well kiss our butts goodbye then).

• Like 1

Didn't Trump actually say this 'banning Muslims' thing about the un-vetted refugees coming from Syria/Iraq (because we don't know who could be ISIS operatives)? Honestly, I can't see Trump wanting to ban the King of Jordan or Mayor Kahn...that would be stupid/silly even for Mr Trump.

• Like 4

Didn't Trump actually say this 'banning Muslims' thing about the un-vetted refugees coming from Syria/Iraq (because we don't know who could be ISIS operatives)? Honestly, I can't see Trump wanting to ban the King of Jordan or Mayor Kahn...that would be stupid/silly even for Mr Trump.

No my dear, Mr Trump said "ban all Muslims"..

Unless he flipped again..

• Like 2

Trump called for a blanket ban on any Muslim being permitted into America.

You can hear him say it here.

wouldn't it be nice to hear a prominent muslim say they understand why non muslims are so paranoid about the Islamic agenda especially when some of that religion kill in god's name -

but perhaps they don't understand and that's why they just hand wave away our concerns...?

• Like 6

~

~

A History of the Middle East since WWII

~

The Middle East conflict—a brief background

Author and Page information

Yet he acknowledged later, in his memoirs, that he was “fully aware of the Arabs’ hostility to Jewish settlement in Palestine.” He, like his predecessor, had promised he would take no action without fully consulting the Arabs, and he reneged.

Secretary James Forrestal of the Defense Department and Loy Henderson, at that time the State Department’s chief of Near Eastern affairs, pressed those points most vigorously. Henderson warned that partition would not only create anti-Americanism but would also require U.S. troops to enforce it, and he stated his belief that partition violated both U.S. and UN principles of self-determination.

Truman later wrote:The White House, too, was subjected to a constant barrage. I do not think I ever had as much pressure and propaganda aimed at the White House as I had in this instance. The persistence of a few of the extreme Zionist leaders—actuated by political motives and engaging in political threats—disturbed and annoyed me

• global issues org link

~

• Like 1

wouldn't it be nice to hear a prominent muslim say they understand why non muslims are so paranoid about the Islamic agenda especially when some of that religion kill in god's name -

but perhaps they don't understand and that's why they just hand wave away our concerns...?

Islam does not represent an existential threat to our comfortable civilisation, so what is there to be paranoid about?

Let us imagine, in some hypothetical scenario, that all the Islamic nations of the world suddenly decided to engage in "jihad" against the rest of the world. What would happen?

Yes, there would be terrible fighting and suffering, and in the end the Islamic nations would be crushed.

Now, let us imagine another hypothetical scenario in which the Islamic nations enter into some dark conspiracy to quietly spread their evil influence via infiltrating Islam into "western" nations (and, yes, I am employing sarcasm here). In what version of reality do you see the majority of the population of those "western" nations converting to Islam, and so abandon the secular government they live under?

It just wouldn't happen.

I am extremely confident that none of our secular nations will suddenly become Islamic theocracies, so I ask again - what is there to be paranoid about?

Edited by Leonardo

Paranoia, my dear, is not a natural state but a mental illness, so I doubt that a normal person would ever "understand" it.

• Like 1

- what is there to be paranoid about?

Sheer force of numbers?

Determined effort and will , 24/7, to make sure they 'win'? More to the point: more determination and action than the rest of us are prepared to exert. We are limited by our legal system, they are not.

• Like 2

:wub: Khan :wub:

You wouldn't be posting that if he was mayor of your capital city!

• Like 3

Sheer force of numbers?

Determined effort and will , 24/7, to make sure they 'win'? More to the point: more determination and action than the rest of us are prepared to exert. We are limited by our legal system, they are not.

Having a set of laws and ethics that prohibits us from embarking on a course of action that can be said to be "inhuman" (if not inhumane), is not a weakness, Weej. And it would be a mistake to perceive a reluctance to engage in brutality as a "lack of determination", when it is quite the opposite. It takes more determination to not lower yourself to the level of a thug, than it takes to become a thug.

• Like 1

when i just hear the name khan i just remember this

kirk-yelling-khan.jpg

• Like 3

YEs ?

~

khan.jpg

~

• Like 2

I think I must have heard the flip version. Wow, Mr Trump is really something isn't he.

People are so literal. Can people not see what Trump was doing? Whenever he went against the Politically Correct / political establishment his poll rating where boosted. - every time the opposition attacked him for his remarks his ratings increased further, they said he wasnt a serious candidate and he was playing it for laughs, Well he stuck to his strategy and it looks like Trump will win the nomination. - now the tactics will change, I doubt anyone seriously thinks he;s going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. - Its more of a metaphor. on controlling illegal/immigration and its exactly the same with the Muslim ban them all speech. - its a metaphor again for security checks at a time when ISIS is running riot and international terrorism is using the liberal soft belly of the West. - So seriously, people cannot think any American president would ban all Moslems. on the grounds of Religion only. Do people believe If trump was President the advisors in the white house wouldn't have a quiet word in his ear. like they do with all Presidents, that's why every president promises great change, and at the end of the day or term(s) in office they achieve very little in the way of great change.

• Like 1

The problem there is: those who take him most literally are those voting for him. If he does not deliver that will be the end of the GOP as we know it.

Islam does not represent an existential threat to our comfortable civilisation, so what is there to be paranoid about?

You just proved it is with that attitude. For the very reason you think we have such a comfortable civilization is why Islam presents a threat.

Let us imagine, in some hypothetical scenario, that all the Islamic nations of the world suddenly decided to engage in "jihad" against the rest of the world. What would happen?

Exactly what is going on right now.

Yes, there would be terrible fighting and suffering, and in the end the Islamic nations would be crushed.

Just like Badr… It’s called having a false sense of over confidence.

Now, let us imagine another hypothetical scenario in which the Islamic nations enter into some dark conspiracy to quietly spread their evil influence via infiltrating Islam into "western" nations (and, yes, I am employing sarcasm here). In what version of reality do you see the majority of the population of those "western" nations converting to Islam, and so abandon the secular government they live under?

First of all, it’s not evil. It is just in opposition to your culture. Secondly, don’t be so sarcastic. It is a version of Jihad called Hijrah. And it is very effective. Thirdly, Western nations have become so weak that in order to not offend and be PC, it will willingly bend over backwards to accommodate and convert.

It just wouldn't happen.

Open your eyes, it is happening!

I am extremely confident that none of our secular nations will suddenly become Islamic theocracies, so I ask again - what is there to be paranoid about?

Your misplaced confidence and lack of understanding of the history of Islam.

• Like 3

Im pretty sure he was talking about unvetted refugees. Not all muslims.

• Like 1

Being new and all, will mind my P's and Q's.

As a Canadian, heard that 38% of Londoners voting in the election were foreign born.

• Like 3

Being new and all, will mind my P's and Q's.

As a Canadian, heard that 38% of Londoners voting in the election were foreign born.

Wouldn't surprise me in a city the size of London. Any break down on where they were born? Canada, Pakistan, Poland?

Calgary, here, has a Muslim mayor. ..Aboot 1.2 million population.

Within Canada, Calgary would be the most red necked. Go figure.

• Like 1

Good fences make good neighbors...Anybody own a home, take care of it- only to have a sloth for a neighbor.

Israel has done well with walls (but you know-tunnels), Vatican City - not a lot of visas and have you seen that wall, it is a classic. There are walls /fences all over Europe. The Chinese made a wall, maybe you've heard of it.

Yeah, Mexico should pay for a wall. One way or another.

• Like 1