Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can the moon really affect human behavior ?

UM-Bot

A new study has attempted to answer once and for all how lunar phases affect our moods and actions.

The phases of the moon have long held spiritual and metaphysical significance for mankind and even today remain associated with everything from bouts of erratic behavior to sleep deprivation.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/294428/can-the-moon-really-affect-human-behavior

• Like 1

They really need to study my ex wife. Never mind. Come to think of it, she was crazy pretty much any moon phase. My bad.

Sure it can. It's an awesome looking object, especially when bright and full. See that **** up there? That big bright ****?! That looks magnificent! Visual stimulation.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 1

I certainly think so. Ive seen strange things happen on a full moon.

This might well be examined historically. Before the prevalence of artificial lighting, we obviously used the moon to navigate at night. A full moon would provide the most light, hence we would be more likely to venture out and therefore more likely to observe at that time. These observations became the basis for lore, and the association with the full moon.

• Like 1

Lunacy - derived from the name of the moon

Full moon has an effect on me, I makes me want to bang my drum and dance round a fire. I love going to for walks in the woods on a moonlit night. It is another world.

Ask anyone in law enforcement about full moons and crime.

• Like 4

Man evolved with the moon light/sunlight. Our biorhythms evolved accordingly.

Riding bicycle over new snow under a full moon with no wind is harmony in motion.

• Like 1

probably. ? i know sunlight positively affects my mood, and therefore my behavior... ( i get more active ) so.. Moonlight? It might be subtle, but it probably does. ?

Ask anyone in law enforcement about full moons and crime.

It was a sleep study not of law enforcement, hospitals or retail businesses. The results would be a lot different for statistics with phase of moon in those areas.

probably. ? i know sunlight positively affects my mood, and therefore my behavior... ( i get more active ) so.. Moonlight? It might be subtle, but it probably does. ?

I agree. Sunlight lifts my spirits and I feel more energetic. And I could say the same thing on a full moon.

As opposed to a gloomy clouded day and no moonlight on nights where I feel somewhat down.

• Like 1

It was a sleep study not of law enforcement, hospitals or retail businesses. The results would be a lot different for statistics with phase of moon in those areas.

They can have all the sleep studies they want. The real world tells a different story.

• Like 3

Of course it does !

The fish feed when Moon is at IC ('underfoot' ) and lesser so when directly overhead . No point fishin when they are not biting .

So yes, the Moon does influence my behavior ... when its at IC , I grab my fishing gear and go out to the coast ... it also dictates, to an extent , what I eat.

Also, regarding a different Moon cycle, the phases, that effects my behavior at night, living out in the country, away from urban areas and night lights, my behaviour will change when I go outside .... torch or no torch.

Once, in a summer heat wave, when i had a big roofing job on, I switched to night work as it was around full Moon ... ended up being a delight up there working in the Moonlight !

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 4

Full moon has an effect on me, I makes me want to bang my drum and dance round a fire. I love going to for walks in the woods on a moonlit night. It is another world.

here is what blasts out of my outdoor sound system on a full Moon when I am 'funning' in my front garden / circle ;

41A5WSSZDJL.jpg

• Like 1

They can have all the sleep studies they want. The real world tells a different story.

yes, yet again the thread title and the actual subject matter within the quoted article ...... :-*

• Like 1

Two points ~

One ~ I believe the moon affects behaviours, how can it not. The moon gives our oceans their tides. Since humans are about 60% water would it not make sense that the moon would affect humans the way it affects our oceans.

Two ~ I don't think the moon affects our sleep enough to worry about ... I am more interested in the full moon and behaviours

Edited by Creative_Raven
  • Like 3

Half a century, you start to notice trends.

Maybe that is why man is so successful. We notice trends, repeating (star) cycles-whatever.

The worst events in my life have occurred during or around a full moon.

Also the best events.

• Like 1

I know people in police/emergency services etc that say full moon brings trouble.

• Like 1

Interesting how they jump into conclusions:

"Our study provides compelling evidence that the moon does not seem to influence people's behavior,"

while they only tested sleep patterns...

• Like 2

I wake up and get out of my coffin on a full moon. Then I look for pretty young ladies to bite on the neck.

• Like 1

My mom is a Emergency Room R.N , she says more babies are born on a full moon and there are more people being stabbed , shot and beat up during a full moon. The hospital she works for schedules extra employee's during full moon's . Oh yes our animals act very strange during full moon's .

Edited by Darkenpath25