Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Starting out as spirit communicator

Ameliea

hello, everyone!

I've delved head-first into articles, videos, and blogs about paranormal instances!

As far as I'm concerned, I have a small gift of extrasensory perception, but I'd like to try to help my gift grow and expand.

However, I'd like to do it safely with the least amount of negative entity experiences as possible~

Any kind of positive/critical advices are welcomed!

Thank you <3

• Like 1

Welcome to UM Ameliea! Best wishes for a long enjoyable time here at the BEST discussion portal on the web.

Now.... most here will be happy to tell you what a stick in the mud (or worse) they think I am ;) but I take this topic really seriously and the only advice I can give is to be VERY careful. Attempting to contact anything from outside our dimension can be very dangerous. It is also forbidden by the God of the Bible. Not many seem to care about that these days but I'd advise you do your research on some religious sites as well as here.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

What are some of your experiences that lead you towards having a small gift of extrasensory perception?

People will tell you to stay away from Ouija boards, I will too, but not because they attract evil entities, simply because they are cardboard and will do nothing.

I'm not sure how to communicate with spirits other than trying to talk to them. There's no magical words, pieces of cardboard, cards, crystal balls, or herbs that actually help communicating with spirits.

Your best bet is to go to a place that is believed to host spirits and start talking to them. Worst that can happen is that you don't get any communication with them.

• Like 3

hello, everyone!

I've delved head-first into articles, videos, and blogs about paranormal instances!

As far as I'm concerned, I have a small gift of extrasensory perception, but I'd like to try to help my gift grow and expand.

However, I'd like to do it safely with the least amount of negative entity experiences as possible~

Any kind of positive/critical advices are welcomed!

Thank you <3

Hi and welcome.

could you elaborate on the extrasensory perception and why you think you have this gift?

What are your actually beliefs in life after death?

• Like 3

Welcome aboard, and I promised TC I would be nice for a little while (until after her surgery) so :)

But you will need to flesh out your claims a lot more. Right now, they are pretty bare boned.

I've had 6 definite experiences that immediately come to mind that suggests I have such gift.

2006: My parents and I were visiting our cabin 3 hours out of town, up in the mountains 10 years ago. We had just had a custom made deck built to go from the cabin back down to the lake shore (10 ft forward, 40 ft down). While I was in the hot tub with my mum, some sort of hazy, black figure with golden eyes and a raspy voice told me that I would lose everything I hold dear. Once I had become calm enough to explain to my parents (we were the only ones visiting the whole resort for the week), My very Catholic mother had decided that we had to leave that very minute. That was the only time I had seen that particular entity.

2009: The day (possibly moment) my maternal grandmother had decided to pass on, I was at school changing my class schedules and had suddenly been sick onto the floor. After that had passed, I firmly squeezed my mom's shoulder and told her that we have to visit Lola once we were done there.

2011: My paternal grandmother had passed July of this particular year while I was at band camp for 2 weeks. I had had the same instance happen as when my maternal grandmother passed in the middle of one of the practices in the afternoon. I immediately texted both my parents who tried to be fairly vague about why they were in Ontario. Once I finally saw them in person right before the big concert, I knew for sure that she had passed during that particular practice run. (My poor trombone had to be cleaned twice in a row because of the sick.)

2012: Not so much exclusively my experience, as we were visiting my paternal grandfather in Ontario just before my cousin's wedding. He was 84 when we visited, so he was quite aloof with everybody. Everybody except myself, which he said was because of his wife was supposedly styling my hair and showing me pictures.

2013: I had two friends (they were brothers) who kept fighting to be with me over a course of a year. I had a dream Dec 3rd of myself and the younger brother in a car, trying to get the brakes to work, but the vehicle would accelerate uncontrollably until we'd crash. A week after the dream, I had found out I was pregnant with my now-husband's child. I've never spoken to those brothers ever again.

2015: My new family (son, husband and I) were looking after my parents' house for the month of May while they went to Italy and Greece. Son was 10-11 months old during this ordeal. I was having more trouble than I should putting him down for the night. He kept sitting up and waving around the room (He had just learned how to, so he was doing it nearly all the time). I jokingly asked him who he was waving to and he straight-up said "Nana". He didn't actually learn how to talk until 14 months (Quiet, just like Husband and I). We slept in my old room instead of maternal grandma's old room that night.

• Like 1

"What are your actually beliefs in life after death?"

I haven't for sure chosen one particular belief of such thing. I guess I have to have some more "experiences" to have that particular belief down-pat.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome.

Iwould assume the the first "vision" you had didn't come true soooo...perhaps you were dozing off and had a vivid dream (hypnopompic hallucination).

The dream was probably just a dream, I mean you didn't dream of your husband or being pregnant. Not sure how that dream relates to finding out you were pregnant.

The baby saying Nana...babies learn a sound and repeat it over and over like baba or dada. Sounds like sounds they just normally say. Did you call her Nana?

As far as getting sick, could be coincidence or maybe something more like being an empath.

If you believe you will communicate with spirits, you will receive spirit messages everywhere. If not, you won't The trick is to figure out which are actual spirit messages (which, not incidentally, could very well be absolutely none of them) and which might have some meaning. Also, keep in mind that most, if not all, such messages are going to be extremely subjective and personal to you and, if you're thinking about going into he clairvoyance business, posiibly very inacccurate. I'm not here to discourage you, just to let you know that it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Okay, but those don't posts don't point me in the direction to help me find info on how to practise what I may have.

Okay, but those don't posts don't point me in the direction to help me find info on how to practise what I may have.

Ignoring my usually more skeptic nature, like I said before just start talking and trying to communicate with them in a place that is believed to host them.

Don't just try to talk though, get their backstory, try to connect with them on a genuine spiritual level.

Unfortunately mediumship is a pseudoscience. There's just a lot of theories without a lot of evidence, and due to the nature of any and all things paranormal, plus the day and age we live in, there will never be any good evidence.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is no "safe" way to do this, unscathed. When you stare into the abyss, it stares back. You won't like everything you see, but you might learn some things about yourself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2016 at 7:44 PM, Ameliea said:

Don't even imagine that they will be helpful to you Ameliea.  'When you look out into the darkness the darkness looks right back at you' ... is actually how it goes. There is often a lot of lingering etherial negativity about and it may be damn near impossible to avoid, so be prepared for some of that. The real quest for spirit contact isn't so much finding ghosts in places where they are said to haunt, it's more like realizing they were always anywhere around us, we usually just dismiss it as being the wind. Try to keep your efforts honest with yourself about whatever comes through and don't be discouraged by the nonbelievers and the hecklers. 

5 hours ago, spacelizard667 said:

Don't even imagine that they will be helpful to you Ameliea.  'When you look out into the darkness the darkness looks right back at you' ... is actually how it goes. There is often a lot of lingering etherial negativity about and it may be damn near impossible to avoid, so be prepared for some of that. The real quest for spirit contact isn't so much finding ghosts in places where they are said to haunt, it's more like realizing they were always anywhere around us, we usually just dismiss it as being the wind. Try to keep your efforts honest with yourself about whatever comes through and don't be discouraged by the nonbelievers and the hecklers. 

No it isn't. The quote is from Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. It's Aphorism 146, and it reads..."Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

The Abyss is also a Thelemic term...

The Abyss is the great gulf or void between the phenomenal world of manifestation and its noumenal source.

This doctrine is extremely difficult to explain; but it corresponds more or less to the gap in thought between the Real, which is ideal, and the Unreal, which is actual. In the Abyss all things exist, indeed, at least in posse, but are without any possible meaning; for they lack the substratum of spiritual Reality. They are appearances without Law. They are thus Insane Delusions.
Now the Abyss being thus the great storehouse of Phenomena, it is the source of all impressions.
—Little Essays on Truth, Aleister Crowley.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiv-8-R4PLMAhWDqB4KHQdLArkQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thelemapedia.org%2Findex.php%2FAbyss&usg=AFQjCNFbfezOphBznEFkfc6X_-fUCm91kQ

14 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

No it isn't. The quote is from Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. It's Aphorism 146, and it reads..."Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

The Abyss is the great gulf or void between the phenomenal world of manifestation and its noumenal source.

This doctrine is extremely difficult to explain; but it corresponds more or less to the gap in thought between the Real, which is ideal, and the Unreal, which is actual. In the Abyss all things exist, indeed, at least in posse, but are without any possible meaning; for they lack the substratum of spiritual Reality. They are appearances without Law. They are thus Insane Delusions.
Now the Abyss being thus the great storehouse of Phenomena, it is the source of all impressions.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiv-8-R4PLMAhWDqB4KHQdLArkQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thelemapedia.org%2Findex.php%2FAbyss&usg=AFQjCNFbfezOphBznEFkfc6X_-fUCm91kQ

Reply to this topic is being glitchy...

Anyway, when you do things like EVP or spirit box, etc., you have the potential to stare into the Abyss. For most people, nothing will happen. They're gonna laugh at themselves for listening to a blank recording for 3 hours and move on with their lives. But there are those who for whatever reason, are going to have experiences. If all the correct elements are in order, you can have a perfect storm in which it's like you're staring into a mirror that reveals the darkest corners of your psyche. Just a heads up, because if you find you're one of those "lucky few" that happens to, you might have to look into Crossing the Abyss so you don't end up wallowing in it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016-05-12 at 5:30 PM, Ameliea said:

Ameliea, little (if anything) of what you've described above is indicative of extrasensory perception. Indeed, some of the experiences are not even yours. Furthermore it's not evident what specifically you think your abilities encompass, or why you think any of those abilities, once enhanced through a little research, will in any way facilitate communication with the spirit world.

A few members here have cautioned you about the potential dangers of pursuing such an endeavour, and I will repeat that caution. Not because I believe there's anything out there that will cause harm, but because I believe in our propensity to self-harm. By that I mean that some people are inclined (be it through religious, spiritual, superstitious or other beliefs) to believe something is one thing, when, in fact, it's another. And because they want to believe that something, they will ignore or dismiss any and all rational explanations for it.

Granted we don't have explanations for everything, but given what we do know, a lot of what some people might think is evidence of the paranormal, or even evidence of psychic ability, is nothing of the sort. We know, for example, about dream disorders, lucid dreams and hypnagogia; we know about pareidolia; we know about the sensed presence effect and the third man factor; we know about mental illness. Indeed, we know about a lot of things.

So why then are there so many books, videos and the like out there about things that science has long since tossed in the rubbish bin? Because the paranormal industry is big business and it's in its best interest to keep everyone believing.So if it's information you're looking for, you'll find it in spades. Just be sure to take it with a grain of salt. Your goal, in my opinion, should not be to enhance your intuition with the sole purpose of connecting to a world that may or may not exist, but rather, to connect to this world in such a way that you are able to analyse any and all experiences with clarity and presence of mind.

Edited by TooLateForTears
  • Like 2

On 2016-05-13 at 7:44 PM, Ameliea said:

I'm with TooLateForTears on this one and also don't see how you could make the leap from the few explainable (and common) experiences you've had to becoming a psychic medium. I also don't understand why you would want to given that your experiences have not been all that positive. But if you want to talk to the dead, go ahead, talk all you want. Doubt you'll get a response that isn't in your head though.

• Like 3

The imagination can create a great many wonders and terrors alike, yet it is just your imagination. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The imagination can create a great many wonders and terrors alike, yet it is just your imagination. 

I agree! I mean who can't related to this?...

sLquPUT.jpg

• Like 2

I'm confused how the 2013 expierence is an expierence? I don't understand how a dream of a car crash and being pregnant is related? Legitmently curious because that one made no sense to me

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm confused how the 2013 expierence is an expierence? I don't understand how a dream of a car crash and being pregnant is related? Legitmently curious because that one made no sense to me

I obviously can't speak for Ameliea, but my interpretation was that she might have been suggesting it was a precognitive dream warning her that maybe those brothers were bad news or something. I don't know for sure, only Ameliea can answer that one. But I have to agree with TooLateForTears, because none of those experiences really sound like any kind of special psychic ability, And this medium thing is nonsense anyway. So many mediums have been and continue to be exposed as frauds. We all know about their tricks of the trade, like cold readings, so I don't get why people still fall for it. Spiritualism itself was largely founded on a hoax by two sisters who pretended to talk to the dead... that, plus the lack of any solid proof, is enough to make a disbeliever out of me.

• Like 2

:D    apparently I need an imagination ........ because I have a wish list I would like to see just appear.   Do you think the world is ready for 2 Jenifer Aniston's  ? 

On 5/24/2016 at 8:52 AM, ChaosRose said:

Nope. Although Nietzsche made a personal variation on that theme it was not his original idea, and this theme has been around a lot longer than Nietzsche's own works.  Thus, nobody can really depend on the accuracy of a subway graffiti prophet. 

44 minutes ago, spacelizard667 said:

Nope. Although Nietzsche made a personal variation on that theme it was not his original idea, and this theme has been around a lot longer than Nietzsche's own works.  Thus, nobody can really depend on the accuracy of a subway graffiti prophet. 

Well, since I was paraphrasing Nietzsche (and speaking from personal experience)...your attempts to correct me are taken with a grain of salt. 

• Like 2