Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post your scariest, most unexplainable event:

mr3rdrock

I posted a thread long time ago about occurrences that were happening to me. There was absolutely a rational explanation after I matured and stopped looking for things to be paranormal, and learned to be more skeptical. There was only one thing I still can't explain to this day, with the weighted aluminum balloon that shot across the floor at great speed. I had already checked for a cross breeze, open windows, the vent from our heater maybe pushing it, nothing explains the speed at which it moved across the room. I'm sure there is a reason, I just haven't figured it out yet.

The only other time I have been paralyzed with fear was when I worked nights and had the house to myself for a week. I get home at 5:30 AM of a cold January morning. Temperatures were sub-zero outside, and our house is notorious for staying pretty chilly in the winter. Again the terrifying part of this saga is the fact that I was home alone, so keep that in mind. I have to take my early morning (late night for me since I was working overnights) deuce, and I go to sit on the toilet and it was warm.... The toilet seat was bloody warm. A couple years later I was reading a 9gag thread that said horror stories in six words or less, and one was "living alone, toilet was warm" that is so true. There is nothing more terrifying than going to take your morning glory on a toilet seat you know should be freezing cold and having it nice and toasty at body temperature.

Although, maybe I should be grateful?

Post your stories! This should be a fun thread, not really about getting to the truth of the events more just a fun way to share things that even the most rationale of minds can't, or don't want to, explain.

Share away my paranormal/skeptical enthusiastic forum friends!

Edited by mr3rdrock
  • Like 3

I posted a thread long time ago about occurrences that were happening to me. There was absolutely a rational explanation after I matured and stopped looking for things to be paranormal, and learned to be more skeptical. There was only one thing I still can't explain to this day, with the weighted aluminum balloon that shot across the floor at great speed. I had already checked for a cross breeze, open windows, the vent from our heater maybe pushing it, nothing explains the speed at which it moved across the room. I'm sure there is a reason, I just haven't figured it out yet.

The only other time I have been paralyzed with fear was when I worked nights and had the house to myself for a week. I get home at 5:30 AM of a cold January morning. Temperatures were sub-zero outside, and our house is notorious for staying pretty chilly in the winter. Again the terrifying part of this saga is the fact that I was home alone, so keep that in mind. I have to take my early morning (late night for me since I was working overnights) deuce, and I go to sit on the toilet and it was warm.... The toilet seat was bloody warm. A couple years later I was reading a 9gag thread that said horror stories in six words or less, and one was "living alone, toilet was warm" that is so true. There is nothing more terrifying than going to take your morning glory on a toilet seat you know should be freezing cold and having it nice and toasty at body temperature.

Although, maybe I should be grateful?

Post your stories! This should be a fun thread, not really about getting to the truth of the events more just a fun way to share things that even the most rationale of minds can't, or don't want to, explain.

Share away my paranormal/skeptical enthusiastic forum friends!

Hahaha that is creepy! But kinda funny too.

• Like 1

This one time I got really scared, I was watching a movie (cannot remember the name) but it was a horror movie. And in one of the scenes, something horrific suddenly comes on the screen, with a loud noise.

And that loud noise scared the crap outta me. The monster/thing was not scary, but the damn loud noise was.

About 6 years ago I was woke up at 2am by my cat hissing. My drapes were closed but through them a faint but noticeable blue light and could clearly hear the sound of bubbles moving in water. I was so scared I couldn't move until an hour after what ever it was left. Later once the sun was up I went outside my window but there was no physical trace of anything being there, however, my cat never went near that spot again and since she use to sunbathe there. So there may have been something left behind that can't be seen.

• Like 1

I really can't think of anything horribly terrifying but this gave me a jolt:

About a year ago, after looking through a Bigfoot debate on this site, I decided to browse some bigfoot websites. It was super late, probably 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, dark in my room except for the glow of the computer screen. I had my headphones in, but at the time my music was paused. Suddenly as I went on one website on full blast a bigfoot howl recording blared through my headphones. It was so loud, so frightening I threw my headphones off and fell backwards off my chair.

• Like 3

I've had a few unexplainable things happen to me awake/asleep. And sometimes I assume they're paranormal.. But I hate that I think that.. Anyway, this one afternoon I was getting ready for work and I was home alone at the time as my grandparents were still at work. I got into the shower and hopped out, walked Into my room (keep In mind, my house is all on one floor and the kitchen is right near my bedroom but I can't see it as it's behind the wall from where my room is) all of a sudden I hear a cup being placed down loudly on the kitchen sink. I freeze with fear and try to recall if maybe my grandma or grandad came home and are just casually drinking a tea in the kitchen.. I freeze for about 15 seconds waiting to hear if maybe whoever it was is going to walk (our floors are wood and creaky so I would of heard someone walk in either direction from the kitchen) so I slowly think. Maybe I'm hearing things? I walk to the kitchen slowly and I see no one there, no noises, tv is off, the house is quiet. I see a coffee cup sitting on the kitchen sink and I walk up to it and try to replicate the sound I just heard.. It sounds exactly the same and I freak out.. To this day I still don't know if I was just hearing things or if It was a "ghost".

• Like 1

My last apartment was supposedly haunted as all hell. A few months before I (unknowingly) moved in, the guy living in the unit below mine was violently murdered. People in the building started reporting strange things in the few years afterward. I never saw or heard anything odd.

One of my friends, however, swears till the day he dies that he saw ghost activity in my apartment. We were in the kitchen; I was at the sink doing dishes, while he was at the fridge, which was to my right. He opens the fridge, I hear a crash, and I see him standing there with a jar of artichoke hearts on the floor. He claims that when he opened the fridge, the jar hurled itself at him. I laughed at him, because he clearly opened the fridge too sharply or something, causing it to fall. Then he points to the fridge inside, where I keep all my jarred and pickled stuff in one area. I had had the artichokes in the back-right corner, with all of the smaller jars in front of them. Behind all of the smaller jars was the space that the artichokes would have occupied. The funny thing is that the other jars had not moved, which I admit was somewhat odd.

Obviously my roommate was being weird or screwing with me (my food is very meticulously placed because I'm anal about such things), but my buddy swears to this day that it was some kind of paranormal activity.

About 6 years ago I was woke up at 2am by my cat hissing. My drapes were closed but through them a faint but noticeable blue light and could clearly hear the sound of bubbles moving in water. I was so scared I couldn't move until an hour after what ever it was left. Later once the sun was up I went outside my window but there was no physical trace of anything being there, however, my cat never went near that spot again and since she use to sunbathe there. So there may have been something left behind that can't be seen.

That is weird, so your cat never went back to that spot? Would it hiss when it was near the spot or look kind of on edge?

My last apartment was supposedly haunted as all hell. A few months before I (unknowingly) moved in, the guy living in the unit below mine was violently murdered. People in the building started reporting strange things in the few years afterward. I never saw or heard anything odd.

One of my friends, however, swears till the day he dies that he saw ghost activity in my apartment. We were in the kitchen; I was at the sink doing dishes, while he was at the fridge, which was to my right. He opens the fridge, I hear a crash, and I see him standing there with a jar of artichoke hearts on the floor. He claims that when he opened the fridge, the jar hurled itself at him. I laughed at him, because he clearly opened the fridge too sharply or something, causing it to fall. Then he points to the fridge inside, where I keep all my jarred and pickled stuff in one area. I had had the artichokes in the back-right corner, with all of the smaller jars in front of them. Behind all of the smaller jars was the space that the artichokes would have occupied. The funny thing is that the other jars had not moved, which I admit was somewhat odd.

Obviously my roommate was being weird or screwing with me (my food is very meticulously placed because I'm anal about such things), but my buddy swears to this day that it was some kind of paranormal activity.

You never know. Your friend could just be messing with you, but on the off chance that he's not, it is a creepy story. Any other events like that happen at your apartment? If so was it always when that one friend was around, or did a variety of people claim something was amiss?

This one time I got really scared, I was watching a movie (cannot remember the name) but it was a horror movie. And in one of the scenes, something horrific suddenly comes on the screen, with a loud noise.

And that loud noise scared the crap outta me. The monster/thing was not scary, but the damn loud noise was.

Loud noises being paired with jump scares has ruined the horror genre.

You never know. Your friend could just be messing with you, but on the off chance that he's not, it is a creepy story. Any other events like that happen at your apartment? If so was it always when that one friend was around, or did a variety of people claim something was amiss?

The friend who opened the fridge is not messing with me, I'm sure of that; he is not the type to play pranks, and he still brings it up now and again (this would have happened in 2011) as something that really scared him. I also saw the jar fall in my peripheral vision, so I know that at least that much happened. If anyone was screwing with us it was my roommate, who easily could have set up the jar to fall when the door to the fridge was opened.

As for events in my apartment, there was one other. The guy I was dating at the time claimed that, after getting up to go to the washroom in the middle of the night, he heard what sounded like my liquid soap dispenser being pumped repeatedly, even though I was still asleep and the two of us were the only people in the apartment unit at the time, as my roommate worked nights. I think he was just a scaredy-cat, since he'd heard about the supposed hauntedness of the whole building from my buddy who experienced the artichoke mishap. That boyfriend was not a very courageous guy at the best of times, too, so him jumping at shadows was not out of character.

I also heard about many other tenants within the building complex reporting weird happenings and strange noises. I never observed anything, so I chalk it up to overactive imaginations.

About 5 years ago I was laying in bed (my bedroom is front of the house, dads room is side and so is spare room) and I heard what sounded like someone walking on the stones in our drive way. The front gate was shut and the dogs never reacted, but it sounded like human foot steps outside my window. Back when Ruby (my dog) could see a few times she would stare at one spot but not growl or react, she did once wag her tail while staring. An odd (but not scary) thing I can explain that happened last year: I had taken 2 Danishes out of the freezer and left them on the kitchen bench (only dad, Michael and I can reach the bench the dogs are too short) walked in the kitchen few hours later one had disappeared, after asking dad and Michael did they put it in the freezer or take it only to get told no thought ok I must have put it back or something. That night I took 2 croissants out and next morning one had disappeared. This happened on and off, once a bread roll went missing. Dad was near our pool and picked up 2 zip lock bags (thinking the neighbours brats threw them in our yard, they've thrown all sorts in the pool) and brought them inside both had holes in them. Turns out a stray cat was coming in and stealing food (it chewed part of a loaf of bread in the plastic still), we found out when we saw it run through the doggy door. We did try to humanely catch it but never did and it's never come, that happened last year.

I once shuffled a full deck of playing cards and held the patterned backside of each card up to an 11 year old girl and asked her to guess the card. I did this with each card, one by one and marked it as either a hit or miss. She guessed correctly for >70%. Not scary but something that raised my eyebrows a bit and I can't explain it.

• Like 1

On an interesting note, when the same test was performed on me, I got nearly every card in the deck wrong. @_o

our house is notorious for staying pretty chilly in the winter. Again the terrifying part of this saga is the fact that I was home alone, so keep that in mind. I have to take my early morning (late night for me since I was working overnights) deuce, and I go to sit on the toilet and it was warm.... The toilet seat was bloody warm.

I want to hire your ghost to warm the toilet seat for me in Winter at my house! What does s/he charge? Mine gets so cold I almost go into shock when I sit on it. :cry:

So many creepy things, what to choose? Well, one night I was having a really vivid dream that as I lay in bed with my arm out over the side, a little girl of the age of 6 or 7 with long jet black wavy hair, black eyes and olive features had a tray from the other room and she kept hitting my hand with it. She wore a calico dress. She wasn't hitting me hard, just trying to get my attention...get me to wake up. I woke up with start and had the distinct feeling like the dream was real. Cold sweat. Then, an instant later, the TV snapped on near my bed. It was around 2 or 3 am. I forget which now.

Thing is, the TV has no remote. It's old school where you have to push hard on a button in front to get it to turn on or off. Definitely got my attention.

That is weird, so your cat never went back to that spot? Would it hiss when it was near the spot or look kind of on edge?

She just avoid the area after that night. To deepen the mystery, that was one of her favorite spots to sleep.

Edited by Chibadiba

When my husband and I were first married, we lived with my mom. The second bedroom had no furniture so we used an air mattress, just letting it sit on the floor. One night, we were lying on the mattress, leaning up against the wall, where a loud thump, palpable enough to feel, came from within the wall. It wasn't just me, we both felt it. We went out into the living room opposite the spot in the bedroom and no one was there. A book case sat against that wall but no books had fallen. We both decided it felt odd as if it were within the wall but how is that possible. No rat could have made a thump that hard. We didn't lean against the wall anymore after that.

Edited by Sestra151

When my husband and I were first married, we lived with my mom. The second bedroom had no furniture so we used an air mattress, just letting it sit on the floor. One night, we were lying on the mattress, leaning up against the wall, where a loud thump, palpable enough to feel, came from within the wall. It wasn't just me, we both felt it. We went out into the living room opposite the spot in the bedroom and no one was there. A book case sat against that wall but no books had fallen. We both decided it felt odd as if it were within the wall but how is that possible. No rat could have made a thump that hard. We didn't lean against the wall anymore after that.

Bear in mind I believe paranormal stuff happens. But I'm also a carpenter in my spare time. Old houses that settle sometimes have studs in the wall with cracks in them etc...weak spots, knots that are disintegrating etc. And sometimes all of a sudden "bang" one will crack a lot more or fail at the weak spot from the pressure of the roof or other stories above it. I've heard that sound many times at my house which is very old for how crappy it is built and moans about it all the time.

• Like 1

So many creepy things, what to choose? Well, one night I was having a really vivid dream that as I lay in bed with my arm out over the side, a little girl of the age of 6 or 7 with long jet black wavy hair, black eyes and olive features had a tray from the other room and she kept hitting my hand with it. She wore a calico dress. She wasn't hitting me hard, just trying to get my attention...get me to wake up. I woke up with start and had the distinct feeling like the dream was real. Cold sweat. Then, an instant later, the TV snapped on near my bed. It was around 2 or 3 am. I forget which now.

Thing is, the TV has no remote. It's old school where you have to push hard on a button in front to get it to turn on or off. Definitely got my attention.

That's creepy. Is the tv close enough to your bed that you could have possibly bumped the button on the front?

She just avoid the area after that night. To deepen the mystery, that was one of her favorite spots to sleep.

I believe in trusting animals. If something don't seem right to an animal best to listen to it. I use the same methods for food and people. If my dog wont eat something, I wont. If my dog doesn't like a person then I wont trust them either. Some people call me crazy, but my dogs never lead me astray before.

Edited by mr3rdrock
  • Like 1

LOL Where were you then, SSilouette. It wasn't a bang but like knocking on the wall from the inside. In any case, we were freaked and it never happened again, so you're probably right. My family has been prone to supernatural happenings but nothing major. We no longer live there anyway. :-)

On 5/21/2016 at 9:39 PM, mr3rdrock said:

That's creepy. Is the tv close enough to your bed that you could have possibly bumped the button on the front?

No, it's a good 4 feet back from the farthest point of my bed.

This post reminds me of girl who got some sweets and left on her bed.and the sweets always dissapeard and found  a secret room in her closet.what she found inside was her sweet papers and from then on she slept by her friends house. So your not alone someone in living with your in a hidden room that use your toilet as well :)

5 minutes ago, Drax24 said:

This post reminds me of girl who got some sweets and left on her bed.and the sweets always dissapeard and found  a secret room in her closet.what she found inside was her sweet papers and from then on she slept by her friends house. So your not alone someone in living with your in a hidden room that use your toilet as well :)

Are you saying she had a squatter?

A house squatter btw, not a toilet squatter.

• Like 1