Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

False Flags are they a good thing?

BlackBearWolf

The only war where America was invaded or in danger of being invaded was when the British invaded in 1812. All of our other wars are either admitted false flags or strong evidence for such.

Spanish American War 1898: American government declares war on spain for the sinking of USS Maine by torpedo or remote mine. Territory in Pacific Gained.Divers later reveal explosion came from inside ship.

World War 1 - Purposely took passengers on miltary vessels hoping to have it sunk by germans. It worked. We sold it as an act of war and united states enters war.

World war 2- we coak Japanese into war through emargo of panama canal. Then we let pearl harbor fall for sensational headlines. We had broken thier naval codes and knew of attacks. We saved our carries and even threw the boys a party the night before.

You can find the rest online but the story is always the same. The initial information given to the public is always a sensational half truth meant to sway the public with emotional responses.

But it seems like its always because the rest of the world is fighting each other and we just try to tip the scales to who we think is better. Geo-engineering all from the safty of our ocean fortress America. I think we have picked the better sides most of time but we are failing in the middle east constantly.

To sum up, America lies to the public to make the world a better place because the rest of the world cant get its crap together.

Edited by BlackBearWolf

Other than the fact that the OP is completely wrong on WW1 and WW2, I can get behind the government always lying.

• Like 5

Other than the fact that the OP is completely wrong on WW1 and WW2, I can get behind the government always lying.

We painted the civilian ship a dark color which indicates its miltary and manuevered in a zig zag pattern also a sign of miltary. It was to purposely coax the sinking of it. This was the story given for ww1.

The US government recently admitted to and apologized for the pearl harbor incident

I disagree that the US uses false flags for altruistic reasons. If corporations weren't making profit then the US wouldn't go to war

• Like 2

Months before the attack on Pearl the President was given a report from the Navy which said battleships were obsolete and that submarines and carriers were the future of naval warfare. Shortly before the attack all of the submarines and aircraft carriers were sent out on maneuvers. Yeah, nothing suspicious there :blink:

i think you underestimate the rest of the world, other gvmnts lie just as much as usa to their citizens.

not saying they dont but just pointing out our wars and how they start always start with a lie but only because our population doesnt like the US to fight for other countries so we engineer a direct threat to us.

The US government recently admitted to and apologized for the pearl harbor incident

The United States didn't just let the attack on Pearl Harbor happen because the Japanese were going to attack the United States in Hawaii whether we were prepared or not, which was evident by the fact the Japanese ultimatum was written before the attack on Pearl Harbor and delivered after the attack.

Not many people are aware that the Japanese made a second attempt to bomb Pearl Harbor with large seaplanes, but bad weather hampered the second attack. The Japanese had it all plan and there was nothing the United States or the British could have done to stop the attacks in Hawaii, Guam, the Philippines, Malaya and Singapore. The fact that U.S. forces were on alert for a Japanese attack didn't deter the Japanese from bombing U.S. forces in the Philippines or the British just hours after their attacks in Hawaii.The British also lost the battleship HMS Prince of Wales and battlecruiser HMS Repulse to the Japanese attack. In other words, Pearl Harbor was not the only target of the Japanese in December 1941.

After the Japanese attack on U.S. forces in the Pacific, Germany declared war on the United States to the delight of Winston Churchill. In addition, General Walter Short and Admiral Husband Kimmel took the blame for what happened in Hawaii and now, you know the rest of the story. To sum that up, there was no conspiracy in regard to Pearl Harbor.

Did you know that some of the battleships sunk at Pearl Harbor were repaired and took out their vengeance on the Japanese navy during one of the greatest naval battles in history; the Battle of Leyte Gulf? Eventually, five of the six Japanese carriers that participated in the attack on Pearl Harbor were sunk. Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto was eventually killed when his aircraft was shot down by American P-38 Lightnings and Vice Admiral Chuichi Nagumo ,who led the fleet that attacked Pearl Harbor, later committed suicide.

The Japanese saw the Amercan fleet as a threat to its expansionism in the Pacific and that is why Pearl Harbor was attacked, which of course, had nothing to do with an American conspiracy. As I'd mentioned before, the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor whether we were prepared or not.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 2

The United States didn't just let the attack on Pearl Harbor happen because the Japanese were going to attack the United States in Hawaii whether we were prepared or not, which was evident by the fact the Japanese ultimatum was written before the attack on Pearl Harbor and delivered after the attack.

Not many people are aware that the Japanese made a second attempt to bomb Pearl Harbor with large seaplanes, but bad weather hampered the second attack. The Japanese had it all plan and there was nothing the United States or the British could have done to stop the attacks in Hawaii, Guam, the Philippines, Malaya and Singapore. The fact that U.S. forces were on alert for a Japanese attack didn't deter the Japanese from bombing U.S. forces in the Philippines or the British just hours after their attacks in Hawaii.The British also lost the battleship HMS Prince of Wales and battlecruiser HMS Repulse to the Japanese attack. In other words, Pearl Harbor was not the only target of the Japanese in December 1941.

After the Japanese attack on U.S. forces in the Pacific, Germany declared war on the United States to the delight of Winston Churchill. In addition, General Walter Short and Admiral Husband Kimmel took the blame for what happened in Hawaii and now, you know the rest of the story. To sum that up, there was no conspiracy in regard to Pearl Harbor.

Did you know that some of the battleships sunk at Pearl Harbor were repaired and took out their vengeance on the Japanese navy during one of the greatest naval battles in history; the Battle of Leyte Gulf? Eventually, five of the six Japanese carriers that participated in the attack on Pearl Harbor were sunk. Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto was eventually killed when his aircraft was shot down by American P-38 Lightnings and Vice Admiral Chuichi Nagumo ,who led the fleet that attacked Pearl Harbor, later committed suicide.

The Japanese saw the Amercan fleet as a threat to its expansionism in the Pacific and that is why Pearl Harbor was attacked, which of course, had nothing to do with an American conspiracy. As I'd mentioned before, the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor whether we were prepared or not.

i agree but the facts point to us knowing about the attacks several days in advance but did we did not give command at pearl harbor advance warning so the attack would be more sensational. They ordered exercises for carriers and subs. Thats all they knew. The fighters on the carrier were also held back from counter attack longer than necessary.

i agree but the facts point to us knowing about the attacks several days in advance but did we did not give command at pearl harbor advance warning so the attack would be more sensational. They ordered exercises for carriers and subs. Thats all they knew. The fighters on the carrier were also held back from counter attack longer than necessary.

The US knew that a major attack was planned SOMEWHERE; other possible targets included the Philippines. The US commanders wrongly decided that Pearl would not come under attack. There was nothing that specifically said the Japanese forces would attack Pearl on the morning of 7 December.

And where you say the fighters were held back for longer than necessary: could I have a reference for that, please?

i agree but the facts point to us knowing about the attacks several days in advance but did we did not give command at pearl harbor advance warning so the attack would be more sensational.

Sensational, but that still would not have prevented the Japanese from attacking. On another note, it was the United States, not Japan, that actually fired the first shots when the Navy sank a Japanese midget sub prior to the air attacks.

...They ordered exercises for carriers and subs. Thats all they knew.

I am sure there were many people who knew that eventually the United States and Japan would go to war with one another. After all, the Japanese was on a rampage in the Pacific and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Japanese eyes would eventually be on Hawaii.

The fighters on the carrier were also held back from counter attack longer than necessary.

It would have been a serious mistake had the United States revealed the location of its carriers at that time. The Japanese would have ponced on the carriers like killer bees, which is what Admiral Yamamoto wanted. The idea was to sink the carriers but lucky for us, they were not home.

A double agent had tipped off J. Edgar Hoover of Japanese preparations, but Mr. Hoover did not take him seriously enough. General Walter Short became concerned enough about sabotage at Hickam Field, that he ordered the aircraft moved to a safe location where they could be better guarded, but the drawback was that meant bunching the aircraft together which in turn spelled disaster during the Japanese air attack. The Japanese made it clear that they intended to deliver a knock-out blow to the United States at Pearl Harbor and after sailing thousands of miles, the Japanese had no intention of calling off the attacks even if the United States was fulling prepared. We were prepared at Clark Field, Philippines within hours of the Pearl Harbor attack and still, the United States took a serious beating from Japanese aircraft.

Let's not forget that German was already sinking ships off the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, yet we didn't declare war on Germany and that was before the Pearl Harbor attack.

Sensational, but that still would not have prevented the Japanese from attacking. On another note, it was the United States, not Japan, that actually fired the first shots when the Navy sank a Japanese midget sub prior to the air attacks.

I am sure there were many people who knew that eventually the United States and Japan would go to war with one another. After all, the Japanese was on a rampage in the Pacific and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Japanese eyes would eventually be on Hawaii.

It would have been a serious mistake had the United States revealed the location of its carriers at that time. The Japanese would have ponced on the carriers like killer bees, which is what Admiral Yamamoto wanted. The idea was to sink the carriers but lucky for us, they were not home.

A double agent had tipped off J. Edgar Hoover of Japanese preparations, but Mr. Hoover did not take him seriously enough. General Walter Short became concerned enough about sabotage at Hickam Field, that he ordered the aircraft moved to a safe location where they could be better guarded, but the drawback was that meant bunching the aircraft together which in turn spelled disaster during the Japanese air attack. The Japanese made it clear that they intended to deliver a knock-out blow to the United States at Pearl Harbor and after sailing thousands of miles, the Japanese had no intention of calling off the attacks even if the United States was fulling prepared. We were prepared at Clark Field, Philippines within hours of the Pearl Harbor attack and still, the United States took a serious beating from Japanese aircraft.

Let's not forget that German was already sinking ships off the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, yet we didn't declare war on Germany and that was before the Pearl Harbor attack.

yes but my original point still stands we had to coax Japan into a war through trade embargos that led to a pearl harbor attack in which we wanted to happen so we could enter the war. It was all strategically orchestrated.
  • Like 1

CM: To your present knowledge, how many people knew in advance that the Japanese planned to attack Pearl Harbor on December 7?

HEK: I believe those who had seen the intercepted and decoded Japanese messages, including the 14 part message received on December 6 and December 7, 1941, knew war with Japan was inevitable. And the almost certain objective of the Japanese attack would be the fleet at Pearl Harbor, on December 7, 1941, at 1 p.m. Washington time.

CM: Who are some of these people and from what source did they get the information?

HEK: Those who saw the intercepted Japanese messages as they were received included: the President, Mr. Roosevelt; the Secretary of State, Mr. Hull; the Secretary of War, Mr. Stimson; the Secretary of the Navy, Mr. Knox; the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Marshall; the Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Stark; the Chief of War Plans, Army, General Gerow; the Chief of War Plans, Navy, Admiral Turner; the Chief of Army Intelligence, General Miles; Chief of Naval Intelligence, Admiral Worthington. Recorded testimony shows that all of these, except General Marshall and Admiral Stark were shown 13 parts of the 14-part message by 9 p.m. December 6, 1941, or shortly thereafter. When Mr. Roosevelt had read the 13 parts, about 9 p.m. December 6, 1941, he remarked: "This means war." All investigations of the disaster have failed to disclose where George Marshall spent the evening of December 6, 1941, or what he did. Admiral Stark, some two years after he had first been asked, finally produced evidence that he had attended the theater on that evening, though he still maintained that he had no independent recollection of where he spent the evening or what he did during the evening of December 6, 1941. In 1957, I received information, which I believe to be reliable, that the British subject serving in the Chinese government as commissioner of education and intelligence in China, received on November 30, 1941, from his intelligence sources in Japan, information of the planned at tack on Pearl Harbor to be launched on December 7. Where the Japanese fleet would congregate to launch the planes, the hour the planes were to be launched, the berths of the U.S. fleet in Pearl and which ships were to be bombed first. This information was sent to London in a coded message, on Sunday, November 30, and Monday, December 1, 1941. Whether the Chinese commissioner's intelligence was transmitted from London to Washington, I do not know, but it appears highly probable that it was made available to Mr. Roosevelt. If Mr. Roosevelt did, in fact, receive the Chinese commissioner's intelligence, it was merely a detailed confirmation of the intercepted Japanese messages already available to him.

CM: In your opinion, why were you and General Short not notified well in advance that the attack was expected?

HEK: My belief is that General Short and I were not given the information available in Washington and were not informed of the impending attack because it was feared that action in Hawaii might deter the Japanese from making the attack. Our president had repeatedly assured the American people that the United States would not enter the war unless we were attacked. The Japanese attack on the fleet would put the United States in the war with the full suppport of the American public.

CM: Thank you, Admiral Kimmel, for this interview and for the patriotic persistence with which you have pursued and corralled the tragic facts about the attack upon Pearl Harbor.

My friends, you now have the authentic postscript on memorable day of infamy in 1941.

Source:http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v11/v11p495_Manion.html

• Like 2

CM: To your present knowledge, how many people knew in advance that the Japanese planned to attack Pearl Harbor on December 7?

HEK: I believe those who had seen the intercepted and decoded Japanese messages, including the 14 part message received on December 6 and December 7, 1941, knew war with Japan was inevitable. And the almost certain objective of the Japanese attack would be the fleet at Pearl Harbor, on December 7, 1941, at 1 p.m. Washington time.

CM: Who are some of these people and from what source did they get the information?

HEK: Those who saw the intercepted Japanese messages as they were received included: the President, Mr. Roosevelt; the Secretary of State, Mr. Hull; the Secretary of War, Mr. Stimson; the Secretary of the Navy, Mr. Knox; the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Marshall; the Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Stark; the Chief of War Plans, Army, General Gerow; the Chief of War Plans, Navy, Admiral Turner; the Chief of Army Intelligence, General Miles; Chief of Naval Intelligence, Admiral Worthington. Recorded testimony shows that all of these, except General Marshall and Admiral Stark were shown 13 parts of the 14-part message by 9 p.m. December 6, 1941, or shortly thereafter. When Mr. Roosevelt had read the 13 parts, about 9 p.m. December 6, 1941, he remarked: "This means war." All investigations of the disaster have failed to disclose where George Marshall spent the evening of December 6, 1941, or what he did. Admiral Stark, some two years after he had first been asked, finally produced evidence that he had attended the theater on that evening, though he still maintained that he had no independent recollection of where he spent the evening or what he did during the evening of December 6, 1941. In 1957, I received information, which I believe to be reliable, that the British subject serving in the Chinese government as commissioner of education and intelligence in China, received on November 30, 1941, from his intelligence sources in Japan, information of the planned at tack on Pearl Harbor to be launched on December 7. Where the Japanese fleet would congregate to launch the planes, the hour the planes were to be launched, the berths of the U.S. fleet in Pearl and which ships were to be bombed first. This information was sent to London in a coded message, on Sunday, November 30, and Monday, December 1, 1941. Whether the Chinese commissioner's intelligence was transmitted from London to Washington, I do not know, but it appears highly probable that it was made available to Mr. Roosevelt. If Mr. Roosevelt did, in fact, receive the Chinese commissioner's intelligence, it was merely a detailed confirmation of the intercepted Japanese messages already available to him.

CM: In your opinion, why were you and General Short not notified well in advance that the attack was expected?

HEK: My belief is that General Short and I were not given the information available in Washington and were not informed of the impending attack because it was feared that action in Hawaii might deter the Japanese from making the attack. Our president had repeatedly assured the American people that the United States would not enter the war unless we were attacked. The Japanese attack on the fleet would put the United States in the war with the full suppport of the American public.

CM: Thank you, Admiral Kimmel, for this interview and for the patriotic persistence with which you have pursued and corralled the tragic facts about the attack upon Pearl Harbor.

My friends, you now have the authentic postscript on memorable day of infamy in 1941.

Source:http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v11/v11p495_Manion.html

thank you for this. Would just like to add in 2000 we made formal ammendments to the commanders of pearl harbor who were seen as failures for not anticipating the attack. When it was found that information was withheld from them. We finally decided to clear thier names

yes but my original point still stands we had to coax Japan into a war through trade embargos that led to a pearl harbor attack in which we wanted to happen so we could enter the war. It was all strategically orchestrated.

Japan was warned aa it committed unspeakable atrocities in China and the United States could no longer stand aside and do nothing. Appeasement is not the way to go and in fact, appeasement in Europe by Great Britain and France is what emboldened Hitler and led to World War II and the end result was the death of millions.

Japan was warned aa it committed unspeakable atrocities in China and the United States could no longer stand aside and do nothing. Appeasement is not the way to go and in fact, appeasement in Europe by Great Britain and France is what emboldened Hitler and led to World War II and the end result was the death of millions.

i agree and thats why my original post states we use false flags for good causes.... most of the time

thank you for this. Would just like to add in 2000 we made formal ammendments to the commanders of pearl harbor who were seen as failures for not anticipating the attack. When it was found that information was withheld from them. We finally decided to clear thier names

Let's take a look here.

Pearl Harbor Attack

WARNINGS IGNORED

On Nov. 27, 1941, all U.S. Army and Navy commanders received a war warning from Washington, D.C. about potential attached on U.S. forces in the Pacific. Although the naval and air bases at Pearl Harbor were put on war alerts, no one expected Japan to launch an air strike. Instead, military officials considered sabotage by Japanese Americans to be their biggest threat, and so they parked aircraft wing to wing to guard them more easily.

Late in the afternoon on Dec. 6, 1941, U.S. Intelligence intercepted and translated a diplomatic message sent from Tokyo to Japan’s Consul-General in Hawaii asking for information about ship movements and berthing positions at Pearl Harbor. When the message was given to a U.S. department head, he decided he would look into it first thing Monday, Dec. 8.

Just before 4 a.m. on Dec. 7, a minesweeper patrolling just outside of the harbor spotted a submarine, which was sunk by a destroyer three hours later. Although the incident was reported to Adm. Husband Kimmel, commander of the Pacific Fleet at that time, false reports of Japanese submarines in the past made him decide to wait for additional confirmation before looking into it further.

At 7 a.m., a radar operator at a new radar unit on Kahuku Point reported a large concentration of incoming aircraft. His commander assumed it was a flight of B-17s expected to arrive at the base that morning.

OTHER ATTACKS

Hours after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, they also attacked the Philippines, Wake Island, Guam, Thailand, Burma, Borneo, Shanghai, Hong Kong and two British battleships at sea. The plan was to set up a wide defense perimeter around Japan from Alaska to Australia.

In the six months following the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japan has achieved all of their goals of expansion. They had defeated the Western forces in Southeast Asia and were now threatening India and Australia. But instead of consolidating their holdings, the Japanese continued to expand.

THE UNITED STATES REMEMBERS WORLD WAR II

The day after Pearl Harbor was bombed, President Roosevelt asked Congress to declare war against Japan. Just three days later, Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy declared war on the United States. President Franklin Roosevelt responded by signing the Declarations of War against Germany and Italy on Dec. 22, 1941.

https://commemorativeairforce.org/rss/462-day-of-infamy-the-japanese-attack-on-pearl-harbor

Let's take a look at the prediction of General Billy Mitchell. He predicted in 1924 that the Japanese would attack Pearl Harbor and the Philippines, which is exactly what happened 17 years later.

General Billy Mitchell's Pearl Harbor Prediction

He presented in his 323 page report what he considered to be the start of a war in the Pacific Theatre. He prophetically declared that a Pacific war would start with a Japanese air and sea attack upon the U.S. military bases at Pearl Harbor in the Hawaiian Islands.

The attack on Pearl would be accompanied by an aerial attack on the Philippines. Attack will be launched as follows:

Bombardment, attack to be made on Ford Island (Hawaii) at 7:30 A.M..... Attack to be made on Clark Field at 10:40 A.M.

The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 at 7:55 A.M. and later at Clark Field, Philippines at 12:35 P.M. Mitchell's estimate was off by 25 minutes for Pearl Harbor and less than two hours for Clark Field in the Philippines.

http://liberty-virtue-independence.blogspot.com/2008/12/major-general-billy-mitchells-1925.html

i agree and thats why my original post states we use false flags for good causes.... most of the time

Pearl Harbor was not a false flag because the Japanese were going to attack regardless. As mentioned earlier, U.S. forces in the Philippines were warned to be prepared for a Japanese attack and they were, but that didn't deter the Japanese from attacking Clark Field, which was an act of war in itself even without the bombing of Pearl Harbor a few hours earlier.

Japan was a threat to the Pacific region and Southeast Asia, so there was a need to confront the Japanese.

Pearl Harbor was not a false flag because the Japanese were going to attack regardless. As mentioned earlier, U.S. forces in the Philippines were warned to be prepared for a Japanese attack and they were, but that didn't deter the Japanese from attacking Clark Field, which was an act of war in itself even without the bombing of Pearl Harbor a few hours earlier.

Japan was a threat to the Pacific region and Southeast Asia, so there was a need to confront the Japanese.

Those planned attacks were a direct result of us creating a oil embargo against them and denying them access to the panama canal. Some would argue by doing this is actually the first declaration of war. But we needed a pearl harbor event to get a war weary public to agree to a new conflict.

The united states knew what do to get us into the war and it orchestrated it nicely to plan. And thank god we did.

Those planned attacks were a direct result of us creating a oil embargo against them and denying them access to the panama canal. Some would argue by doing this is actually the first declaration of war. But we needed a pearl harbor event to get a war weary public to agree to a new conflict.

The united states knew what do to get us into the war and it orchestrated it nicely to plan. And thank god we did.

Note that the USA did not declare war on Germany. I heard a couple of historians arguing somewhat persuasively, that had Japan not attacked USA territory and the Phillipines, but just seized other areas in SE Asia, the USA may well have kept out. Bear in mind that the Japanese had been attempting to seize Chinese territory, and had moved into Indo China (Vietnam) some months prior to Dec 1941, without direct intervention by the USA.

Source:http://www.ihr.org/j...495_Manion.html

Sorry, but I disagree.

https://en.wikipedia...sband_E._Kimmel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Harbor_advance-knowledge_conspiracy_theory

And here is the 'fourteen part message'

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/PTO/Dip/Fourteen.html

Have a good read of it; does it say anywhere that Japan was going to declare war?

Edited by Obviousman

Now, for the rest of the story.

JAPANESE PREPARATIONS FOR THE ATTACK ON PEARL HARBOR

In early 1941, Vice Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto was appointed Commander-in-Chief of Japan's Combined Fleet, and he immediately took issue with the cautious policy of the Japanese Naval General Staff. Yamamoto did not believe that the United States Pacific Fleet would remain idle at Pearl Harbor while Japan attacked and seized America's Philippines, and British and Dutch colonial possessions in South-East Asia. He believed that Japan must cripple the United States Pacific Fleet at the same time as it launched its attacks on countries of South-East Asia.

With this firm conviction, Admiral Yamamoto began to consider a surprise carrier-launched air attack on the United States Pacific Fleet at its Pearl Harbor base timed to coincide with Japan's military aggression in South-East Asia. Yamamoto instructed Rear Admiral Takijiro Onishi, Chief of Staff of the 11th Air Fleet, to assess the feasibility of an attack on Pearl Harbor by carrier-launched aircraft. Onishi enlisted the assistance of Commander Minoru Genda, a brilliant staff officer and tactician serving with Japan's 1st Air Fleet. Genda studied the problem and came to the conclusion that an attack on Pearl Harbor could succeed if (a) the attack took the Americans completely by surprise, ( B) the attack occurred early on a Sunday morning when American defence preparedness would be at a low level, © all six of Japan's best aircraft carriers were used, and (d) highly skilled aircrews were used in the attack. To ensure complete surprise, Genda's plan precluded alerting the Americans to their danger by a prior declaration of war.

Admiral Yamamoto's plan for a surprise peacetime attack on the United States Pacific Fleet at Hawaii would involve a strike force which included Japan's six largest and most powerful aircraft carriers. His task was made much easier by President Roosevelt's decision to relocate the United States Pacific Fleet from California to Hawaii. As Yamamoto saw it, the destruction of the American Pacific Fleet would give Japan time to seize the Philippines, Malaya, British Borneo, Burma and the Netherlands East Indies (now Indonesia), and gain access to the oil, minerals, rubber and other resources that Japan needed to sustain its aggressive war machine. He was hopeful that, with its Pacific Fleet destroyed or crippled, the Americans would be willing to accept a peace settlement that allowed Japan to keep its new conquests in South-East Asia.

On 6 December 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt intervened personally in the cause of peace by sending a direct appeal to the Emperor of Japan. It fell on deaf ears in Tokyo. The Japanese government was determined on war and had no intention of recalling the Japanese carrier force.

http://www.pacificwa...sforattack.html

In 1927, war games at the Japanese Navy War College included an examination of a carrier raid against Pearl Harbor.

Edited by skyeagle409

Now, for the rest of the story.

In 1927, war games at the Japanese Navy War College included an examination of a carrier raid against Pearl Harbor.

As early as 1937 USA had sent a squadron of fighters called the flying tigers that downed 300 Japanese planes while only losing 13 of their own? We also enacted our oil embargo prior to this peace treaty that you speak of. America drew first blood against Japan in their territory.

Im not arguing that Japan shouldn't have been stopped. Im arguing America knew how to draw Japan into a pearl harbor like attack so the public would agree to total war.

Edited by BlackBearWolf

As early as 1937 USA had sent a squadron of fighters called the flying tigers that downed 300 Japanese planes while only losing 13 of their own?

We also enacted our oil embargo prior to this peace treaty that you speak of. America drew first blood against Japan in their territory.

That is false! The Flying Tigers were a group of American volunteers known as the 'American Volunteer Group (AVG), which was created by an executive order of Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek. The group was part of the Chinese Air Force and did not see action until December 20, 1941, which was after Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japan.

Japanese aircraft were shot down over China, a country for which the Japanese had no military business in the first place. In other words, the Japanese were illegally occupying China and the response to Japanese expansionism was as expected.

I wouldn't call these false flag or whatever. However, after the fact, they were used in any way possible to throw a hot iron into a few sails. Then, the plebs can later claim a false flag or whatever went down and boy was it this super clever plot and that will fill some word counts and also works into a government's hands just a bit when necessary because it has the potential to pimp the guise. At least, some could be aware it could and may be willing to experiment for the sake of.. posterity. Who knows? In reality, there are far more unpredictable things which shift all the little components in ways so that a successful false flag is not worth it. At least nothing large-scale. There is deceit and little stunts.. and experimentation with methodologies. Again, for.. posterity. Hehehehejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejeje