Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Past Life as Leo M Frank.

Ravenharp

Hello.

I am a new member of the community, so my apologies if I have not posted this thread in the correct forum. Perhaps I am paranoid, but I like to found a good impression.

A 'fringe' subject I have been very interested in is the subject of reincarnation. I have studied it rather extensively as well as relating some traits of cases to my experiences.

I am a little skittish about directly stating who I was, given that there appears to be a cultish group who like to twist my case and use it for a preconceived agenda, but I was the second man on this list; http://www.ranker.co...ching/reference

Unfortunately, the only reason I was famous was because of how I died. I was lynched, although I was innocent of any crime, and I was a Jew. I'm also a Jew in this life, as well. Unsurprisingly, I've been very interested in the past life experiences of others as well as how they relate to mine. I come from a fairly irreligious family who believe that we only live once, and this is one of the only places I have came across where I feel confident to discuss the subject of past lives, so do excuse me. It appears that people are still interested in this case as I came across a film about it the other night.

I'm also interested in finding any living relatives.

I am also open to any polite debates on the subject of reincarnation in itself and aforementioned related topics, such as past life regression and the findings of Dr. Ian Stevenson. It is approximately 3 'o clock in the morning at the time of writing, so excuse me for the vagueness of my post. I'll answer questions in the morning.

Edited by Ravenharp
  • Like 2

Why do you feel you were this person that was lynched?

Gah. Insomnia is overtaking me again.

To answer your question, I have dealt with an assortment of memories since I was a very small child, that at the time did not disturb me, although they disturbed my parents when I gave implications or told them.

I recall being born, also. I was able to describe the mid wife or doctor, to which I was perplexed, given that infants typically do not open their eyes until around the age of 4 weeks old. My mother, however, confirmed my details regarding the doctor as well as the fact that my eyes were open with a surprised expression. I was a very precocious child, and I reportedly began to speak in coherent sentences as young as 10 months of age.

Before the memory of being born, I have a very traumatic memory of being lynched from a tree. The tree was enormous and with a flattened bottom. The lynching in itself, however, was botched, as when a small table was kicked over and I dropped, the knot became displaced and my head ended up being yanked upwards. I could not see anything while I was actually struggling and I got the impression that I had something placed over my eyes - the drop was short, like that of an elevator moving downwards suddenly, and my neck did not break immediately. Before that, though, I recall looking towards a field or a clearing. [These details were all verified] Incidentally, I have a birthmark that resembles a burn or graze wound towards the rear of my neck, or just above my hairline. It is tender to the touch and I am phobic of anything applying the faintest pressure towards my neck region.

I was told, that as soon as I could draw, it would be of cartoon figures that were fairly simplistic. Sometimes, however, I would spontaneously draw 'detailed mechanical objects' - typically vehicles, such as cars or airplanes. I would also try and piece random things together to build cars or planes. I told my parents that I 'learned it, when I was in school'. I also expressed disdain at my name, and I told my parents my name was Frank, not [my current name].

I would also speak of a 'sweetie', a metaphor for my wife, as well as a sister named Mary Ann. When I was around three or four years old, I grew attached to a small white blanket, that I called 'sweetie'. When my parents inquired as to why I called 'her' that, I told them ''she is my wife and she wears a white dress.'' I wouldn't be able to fall asleep without it. According to my parents, I would apparently dream about her in a more realistic form. I was asked how old she was, to which I replied ''she turns 110 years old soon''. I faintly remember this, and I also remember my father getting freaked out by it.

When I began to write, I began to print the word ''JAIL'' (in capital letters) on pieces of paper I found. This was an unusual term given my location, where the usual term is ''prison'', instead. When my mother confronted me about the notes, I became upset, nervous and I said I didn't want to go back there again. We both still remember this. I would have frequent nightmares, and I cried a great deal as both a baby and a toddler. I had issues sleeping unless it was with my mother as I was frightened that I would be taken away while I slept.

There are more generalized, less specific memories, such as memories of what the town I resided in looked like, as well as memories of a dark-bricked factory with four stories that had bright writing towards the side. When I looked towards that memory, however, I felt a bad feeling, but I wasn't quite sure why. I began to get that feeling whenever I saw similar old industrial buildings. All such memories were present before I undertook past life regression therapy. When I did so, I felt an urge to research the details corresponding to my memories in an attempt to verify them, given that I come from a non-religious family who like to assume things about me.

My past life self also looked exactly like I envisioned myself to look like, down to the lazy left eye, which I'm still blind in.

Edited by Ravenharp
  • Like 2

When was the first time you had specifically heard the name Leo Frank? Not just kind of remembered it, or decided it sounded like a name you might have had, but saw it in writing from an outside source? Does anybody else in your circle of friends believe themselves to have been somebody else in a past life? I assume with your research you have come up with other names relating to the case; did you know any of them before your research?

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

When was the first time you had specifically heard the name Leo Frank? Not just kind of remembered it, or decided it sounded like a name you might have had, but saw it in writing from an outside source? Does anybody else in your circle of friends believe themselves to have been somebody else in a past life? I assume with your research you have come up with other names relating to the case; did you know any of them before your research?

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Approximately, two years ago, after I got around to past life regression therapy and became interested enough and brave enough to look into any corresponding case. I live in England, so the case of Leo Frank is practically unheard of here. Leo Frank did indeed have a sister with a phonetic name of ''Mary Ann'' (Marian).

Concerning my circle of friends, no, given that they are Christians and reincarnation is not a popularly accepted subject among their branch of Christianity. Christianity, despite its popularity and exposure to it growing up did not feel right to me, so I began following the Jewish religion despite the fact that nobody in my family line has followed the religion for at least one hundred years.

Edited by Ravenharp

Gah. Insomnia is overtaking me again.

To answer your question, I have dealt with an assortment of memories since I was a very small child, that at the time did not disturb me, although they disturbed my parents when I gave implications or told them.

I recall being born, also. I was able to describe the mid wife or doctor, to which I was perplexed, given that infants typically do not open their eyes until around the age of 4 weeks old. My mother, however, confirmed my details regarding the doctor as well as the fact that my eyes were open with a surprised expression. I was a very precocious child, and I reportedly began to speak in coherent sentences as young as 10 months of age.

Before the memory of being born, I have a very traumatic memory of being lynched from a tree. The tree was enormous and with a flattened bottom. The lynching in itself, however, was botched, as when a small table was kicked over and I dropped, the knot became displaced and my head ended up being yanked upwards. I could not see anything while I was actually struggling and I got the impression that I had something placed over my eyes - the drop was short, like that of an elevator moving downwards suddenly, and my neck did not break immediately. Before that, though, I recall looking towards a field or a clearing. [These details were all verified] Incidentally, I have a birthmark that resembles a burn or graze wound towards the rear of my neck, or just above my hairline. It is tender to the touch and I am phobic of anything applying the faintest pressure towards my neck region.

I was told, that as soon as I could draw, it would be of cartoon figures that were fairly simplistic. Sometimes, however, I would spontaneously draw 'detailed mechanical objects' - typically vehicles, such as cars or airplanes. I would also try and piece random things together to build cars or planes. I told my parents that I 'learned it, when I was in school'. I also expressed disdain at my name, and I told my parents my name was Frank, not [my current name].

I would also speak of a 'sweetie', a metaphor for my wife, as well as a sister named Mary Ann. When I was around three or four years old, I grew attached to a small white blanket, that I called 'sweetie'. When my parents inquired as to why I called 'her' that, I told them ''she is my wife and she wears a white dress.'' I wouldn't be able to fall asleep without it. According to my parents, I would apparently dream about her in a more realistic form. I was asked how old she was, to which I replied ''she turns 110 years old soon''. I faintly remember this, and I also remember my father getting freaked out by it.

When I began to write, I began to print the word ''JAIL'' (in capital letters) on pieces of paper I found. This was an unusual term given my location, where the usual term is ''prison'', instead. When my mother confronted me about the notes, I became upset, nervous and I said I didn't want to go back there again. We both still remember this. I would have frequent nightmares, and I cried a great deal as both a baby and a toddler. I had issues sleeping unless it was with my mother as I was frightened that I would be taken away while I slept.

There are more generalized, less specific memories, such as memories of what the town I resided in looked like, as well as memories of a dark-bricked factory with four stories that had bright writing towards the side. When I looked towards that memory, however, I felt a bad feeling, but I wasn't quite sure why. I began to get that feeling whenever I saw similar old industrial buildings. All such memories were present before I undertook past life regression therapy. When I did so, I felt an urge to research the details corresponding to my memories in an attempt to verify them, given that I come from a non-religious family who like to assume things about me.

My past life self also looked exactly like I envisioned myself to look like, down to the lazy left eye, which I'm still blind in.

Your eyes were open at birth, not 4 weeks.

• Like 5

Approximately, two years ago, after I got around to past life regression therapy and became interested enough and brave enough to look into any corresponding case. I live in England, so the case of Leo Frank is practically unheard of here. Leo Frank did indeed have a sister with a phonetic name of ''Mary Ann'' (Marian).

Concerning my circle of friends, no, given that they are Christians and reincarnation is not a popularly accepted subject among their branch of Christianity. Christianity, despite its popularity and exposure to it growing up did not feel right to me, so I began following the Jewish religion despite the fact that nobody in my family line has followed the religion for at least one hundred years.

Not a bad start, but some more questions. What was your first exposure to Judaism? Do you have any current connection to the names Mary Phagan, Alex Weston, Newt Lee, John Slaton, or Lucille Selig?

Not a bad start, but some more questions. What was your first exposure to Judaism? Do you have any current connection to the names Mary Phagan, Alex Weston, Newt Lee, John Slaton, or Lucille Selig?

I followed Judaism before I was even aware that I was. My grandparents had the entire Bible, that is the Old Testament (Torah) and New Testament (Christian Bible) together. I found the idea of Christ silly, and I followed the 'Old Testament'. I also instinctively avoided certain foods, such as pork and shellfish despite being an avid meat-eater.

As for names, I can't say those rang a bell except for Lucy, but I've always been terrible at remembering names, even recent ones.

Edited by Ravenharp

How is any of this documented, in other words do you have dated medical notes showing that you had 'memories' before you had the opportunity to find out about them?

Hate to be a cynic, but that's what brains do and are designed to do - they can and do adjust memories as needed/wanted. So assurances after the fact are not really evidence.

No harm if there isn't, but it would be a lot more compelling and interesting if you could prove the memories were real - otherwise it's just a cool story. As you can probably imagine, it is not impossible or even all that difficult to fake this sort of thing, including even organising someone to pop up and claim that they were in your past family or circle of friends and start 'verifying' things. Real evidence would be different and also verifiable outside this forum...

Edited by ChrLzs

How is any of this documented, in other words do you have dated medical notes showing that you had 'memories' before you had the opportunity to find out about them?

Hate to be a cynic, but that's what brains do and are designed to do - they can and do adjust memories as needed/wanted. So assurances after the fact are not really evidence.

No harm if there isn't, but it would be a lot more compelling and interesting if you could prove the memories were real - otherwise it's just a cool story. As you can probably imagine, it is not impossible or even all that difficult to fake this sort of thing, including even organising someone to pop up and claim that they were in your past family or circle of friends and start 'verifying' things. Real evidence would be different and also verifiable outside this forum...

This is why many consider the subject of reincarnation as a 'fringe' topic - because it cannot be easily proven.

Unfortunately, I have moved home at least three times since I was a toddler, so anything I would have written down would have been long lost due to the fact. Being that neither of my parents believed in reincarnation, they did not pursue a therapist in order to document things.

Edited by Ravenharp

Hi Ravenharp, welcome to UM :) .

Thank you for sharing your story with us, it is very interesting. It's such a shame that possible past lives can never be proved ..... you are the only one who knows how authentic, or otherwise, your story is. Have you made a detailed written account of it? It may be useful at some time in the future.

I certainly believe reincarnation is possible, if not least because we have our ancestors' DNA in us and I think it's not a huge step from that to having memories of what our ancestors experienced. That's one kind of reincarnation, the other I believe is possible is when a spirit leaves a body at death and doesn't 'melt' back into the greater mass of Spirit but remains separate until it is able to reincarnate. Something that a spirit who had his life ended too soon(age 31), someone who was active in his community(president of a Jewish society), someone who was(probably), unjustly charged with murder, might well want to do.

• Like 1

Hi Ravenharp, welcome to UM :) .

Thank you for sharing your story with us, it is very interesting. It's such a shame that possible past lives can never be proved ..... you are the only one who knows how authentic, or otherwise, your story is. Have you made a detailed written account of it? It may be useful at some time in the future.

I certainly believe reincarnation is possible, if not least because we have our ancestors' DNA in us and I think it's not a huge step from that to having memories of what our ancestors experienced. That's one kind of reincarnation, the other I believe is possible is when a spirit leaves a body at death and doesn't 'melt' back into the greater mass of Spirit but remains separate until it is able to reincarnate. Something that a spirit who had his life ended too soon(age 31), someone who was active in his community(president of a Jewish society), someone who was(probably), unjustly charged with murder, might well want to do.

No problem. I thought I would contribute to this forum and share my story.

Alas it is a shame, and I doubt that past lives shall ever be proven within the realm of scientific evidence, given the metaphysical properties of such an idea. Though I am a believer in coincidences, there are many cases described by Dr. Ian Stevenson that are too specific to be dismissed as such. One such example is that of Barbro Karlen - I shall not spoil anything; but it is a very interesting case indeed.

I am a firm believer in the soul, human or otherwise, and also in science. Being a budding man of science myself, I believe the two can co exist.

As for your closing statement, before I was hanged I had it in my mind that it should not have been happening, and there was also a bit of anger there. A lot of my personality traits from that life have passed over to this one, and I'm a complete pacifist, even when I'm angry.

Edited by Ravenharp
  • Like 1

... given that infants typically do not open their eyes until around the age of 4 weeks old.

Above statement made the whole story sunk.

:yes:

• Like 1

@ toast: baby's eyes don't fully focus together, thus giving a three-dimensional view of the world, until around 5 mths.

@ Ravenharp: Oh, something I forgot to mention: for me, the most startling thing in your account was the fact that Frank had damage to his left eye and you say you are blind in your left eye.

• Like 1

Above statement made the whole story sunk.

:yes:

I got that wrong, I'm sorry. I can't say I know much about babies.

I did a quick Google, and babies usually don't have their eyes open at birth. The fact that I both had my eyes open and I could accurately remember my surroundings should negate my mistake.

@ toast: baby's eyes don't fully focus together, thus giving a three-dimensional view of the world, until around 5 mths.

@ Ravenharp: Oh, something I forgot to mention: for me, the most startling thing in your account was the fact that Frank had damage to his left eye and you say you are blind in your left eye.

I'm short sighted in my right eye, but I am completely blind in my left eye, which is also slightly wonky laterally. Upon medical inspection there is no difference between my left eye and my right, so the reason for the blindness is unsolved. It has been like that for as long as I can recall and I am used to not being able to perceive depth.

Edited by Ravenharp
  • Like 2

Babies often have their eyes open at birth, I know my son did, and whether they do or not may be a simple matter of the brightness in the room they are born into. My son was born at home and the light was quite dim in the bedroom. Babies born in hospital may well feel the need to squeeze their eyes tight shut!

Babies often have their eyes open at birth, I know my son did, and whether they do or not may be a simple matter of the brightness in the room they are born into. My son was born at home and the light was quite dim in the bedroom. Babies born in hospital may well feel the need to squeeze their eyes tight shut!

I recall a bright circular light partially occluded by the doctor / midwife, which was enough to make me shut my eyes a while after that. My vision was blurry, but I could discern details such as a light, the ceiling tiles, the gender and the skin tone of the doctor.

Edited by Ravenharp
  • Like 2

Yeah I know but the (wrong) claim was :

.. given that infants typically do not open their eyes until around the age of 4 weeks old.

• Like 1

I got that wrong, I'm sorry. I can't say I know much about babies.

I did a quick Google, and babies usually don't have their eyes open at birth. The fact that I both had my eyes open and I could accurately remember my surroundings should negate my mistake.

Human babies may not be wide-eyed at birth due to the fact there is swelling and the bright lights but I assure you, human eyes are open at birth. Remembering your birth would be quite odd. What you are likely remembering are the tales of your birth. Your parent's or anyone else present in the room at the time, have spoken about the details-as you have stated. Have you seen pictures of the doctor or delivery room? Memory is a tricky little bugger and it will fool you given the opportunity.

That's not entirely accurate either. Babies eyes start to fully focus as early as two months. It's depth perception that develops at around five months.

• Like 1

Human babies may not be wide-eyed at birth due to the fact there is swelling and the bright lights but I assure you, human eyes are open at birth. Remembering your birth would be quite odd. What you are likely remembering are the tales of your birth. Your parent's or anyone else present in the room at the time, have spoken about the details-as you have stated. Have you seen pictures of the doctor or delivery room? Memory is a tricky little bugger and it will fool you given the opportunity.

I was not told about the details of my birth. When I told my mother she was surprised and asked me about what I saw, which corresponded to what she remembered.

Edited by Ravenharp

I guess it's entirely possible for reincarnation to be a thing. Keep us posted.

Whatever -

If you're Leo Frank, I'm Mary Phagan.

• Like 1

Whatever -

If you're Leo Frank, I'm Mary Phagan.

That would be quite interesting.